Expedition Bigfoot :Travel Channel

Big Stinky

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, bipedalist said:

I'm changing my assessment of the red thermal blobsquatch to giganto-tick on steroids based on new info after seeing the deer run in panic after the disappearance.  Somebody popped that sucker like a John Belushi zit skit in Animal House. 

That red heat bloom looked totally artificial to me.   Too concentrated and too round to be an animal.   It and the deer in the same image make me think it is something other than any animal.      My program guide was wrong about the 2 hour main  event.      It listed it as new but it was last week.    Unless the blob is some heat source they had no idea was out there,   it got me wondering if it was something created by someone     Bryce close but never present during incidents bothers me.    Hold a metal garbage can cover,   heat the backside with a propane torch,  and you have a bright red spot,  with indistinct legs below it.    Then when the actors look like they might be approaching,  kill the torch and slip away.       Then I got thinking about all the events that have happened during the show.      In just over one week they have ticked off nearly every event ever associated with bigfoot.        Thermal image of something large,     Orbs floating nearby,     Electrical equipment failure.    Association of bigfoot with a cemetary.     A nest or nests.     The red blob simply disappearing (as if turned off)    Howls.      Whistles.     Feeling of being watched.   Infrasound attack.     Have they missed a single thing?    Oh yes,   did they show us teepee structures?      How is all that that possible in just over a week.     In 15 years in the field I have never seen half of that stuff.      Their footprint finds are questionable at best.    other than that and their imagination as to the source of distant calls,   I have seen nothing concrete.     I think the screen actors have been hoaxed.     That is as kind as I can be to them.  

Flying the drone into a tunnel or mine and not expecting to loose control because of radio signal loss is rediculus.     Mineralization in mines messes up metal detectors too.   Then to turn around and blame that on bigfoot is par for the course.     They find the mines and the next day arrange to have a special drone to explore it?    The only way that could have happened was that Bryce knew about what was there and prearranged to have the drone available after the mine was found.    Bryce is literally the wizard of Oz controlling things behind the curtain in this TV series.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

It is quite remarkable they have checked off nearly the entire list as you said.  Instead of teepees and stick structures they just showed corridors of broken off limbs so they got close.   Some six and some twelve feet is what they said.  They got the eyeshine/glow too.  Somehow they got coyote howls in the mix too.  I was watching closed captioning so I wouldn't be distracted by sounds last night.  Not sure if the sounds were authentic.  How about growls, did they get a ton of those?  Like another post earlier, it was not believable that they would be surprised by settlements and homesteads in Oregon of all places.  They wanted us to believe remote so maybe they played it up (seven mile hikes and all that). Pioneering cemeteries included.  And those were relatively recent ones though they didn't describe any dates?  But associated with recent mining of mercury which ended in the 50's or so.  Gold probably before that. 

Edited by bipedalist

17 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

......I think they should get closer to Idaho State next year, like in Jeff Meldrum's parking space. 

LMAO! You are on a roll, my friend :D 

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Even if it's not nearly as promising as season 1? It wouldn't matter. I think I know why Dr. Mayor didn't answer my email........ ;) 

I'll play, what is your thinking on that?  PM if it is too hurtful for primetime

Well, they (she) can't say we didn't produce a HOT thread for them on Field Trips at the BFF!

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Oh yes I missed listing the eye shine and twist offs.     There is little that they did not find other than seeing a bigfoot being tractor beamed in and out of a hovering UFO.       When my research area was most active,  I never saw one snap off.     Bryce seemed to have some sort of pride of authorship with his red blob.      He seemed surprised that the primatologist did not dismiss it outright.    Since that did not happen,   if the series continues,   we will see that same disappearing red blob again.    Oh I thought I saw the hand grip of a side arm sticking out of Mayors pack at one point.   She probably felt she needed it because of the other actors.  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

^ Well she said she had six kids to come back to so that might explain the sidearm if you saw one.  

I don't do cemeteries at night because I am not a ghost whisperer, but if I was-- I would either have a side-arm, crucifix or a silver stake/hammer or all of the above with me.  

Yep, hot thread is right. Smart folks on the BFF! My thinking? Dr. Mayor didn't respond because she knows the show is a staged affair. Such as:

Producer: "I want to make a show about discovering Sasquatch."

Madison Avenue: "Great, but you you're not allowed to discover it in the first season. In fact, you're not allowed to discover it at all."

Producer: "Why not?"

Madison Avenue: "Don't be stupid."

Harsh? Yeah, it's harsh, it's meant to be.

21 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

(bp quoting me): Even if it's not nearly as promising as season 1?

My sarcastic, retrospective, use of the word "promising". IOW, the first season wasn't promising, it only promised more carrots.

13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

There is little that they did not find other than seeing a bigfoot being tractor beamed in and out of a hovering UFO.

That's because they aren't allowed to show that footage ;)

13 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Oh I thought I saw the hand grip of a side arm sticking out of Mayors pack at one point.   She probably felt she needed it because of the other actors.

Probably because even though she's playing the game, she's smarter than the rest.

2 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

^ Well she said she had six kids to come back to so that might explain the sidearm if you saw one.

So........for the kids, or for herself ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

^ great responses hiflier, except I think it was a water pistol

4 minutes ago, hiflier said:

So........for the kids, or for herself ;) 

Yep, I knew I set myself up for that comeback, straight man that I am!

9 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

^ great responses hiflier, except I think it was a water pistol

HAH! Now I know how to look cool, dangerous, and all business-like for cheap :) Why, I could have a grip poking out of every pocket for under 5 bucks!. Only my local friendly neighborhood Sasquatch would know for sure.

On the other hand, how sucky would it be to get pistol-whipped by a Bigfoot with a plastic toy gun? Hopefully, if it ever happens, the toy would break before he kills me :O 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

In just over one week they have ticked off nearly every event ever associated with bigfoot.        Thermal image of something large,     Orbs floating nearby,     Electrical equipment failure.    Association of bigfoot with a cemetary.     A nest or nests.     The red blob simply disappearing (as if turned off)    Howls.      Whistles.     Feeling of being watched.   Infrasound attack.     Have they missed a single thing?    Oh yes,   did they show us teepee structures?      How is all that that possible in just over a week.     In 15 years in the field I have never seen half of that stuff.      Their footprint finds are questionable at best.    other than that and their imagination as to the source of distant calls,   I have seen nothing concrete.     I think the screen actors have been hoaxed.     That is as kind as I can be to them. 

Three more events associated with Bigfoot... the gifting, wood knock response, and an upright figure filmed walking in the woods. If they really thought the marble found at base camp had been left there by a sasquatch, then why did he pick it up with his bare fingers rather than a gloved hand? Hmmm.

In last night's episode, didn't they mention the distance from base camp to the mine was 10 miles?  Oh boy.

BFF Patron

Good job finding 3 more.     On a strict probability standpoint the chances of that many things bigfoot happening at one location in a period of 8 days is very unlikely.     Even half of the events they portray as having happened is unlikely.    Then again their advanced algorithm (script) probably increases the odds they do not miss something like I did trying to remember everything they presented.     

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

HAH! Now I know how to look cool, dangerous, and all business-like for cheap :) Why, I could have a grip poking out of every pocket for under 5 bucks!. Only my local friendly neighborhood Sasquatch would know for sure.

On the other hand, how sucky would it be to get pistol-whipped by a Bigfoot with a plastic toy gun? Hopefully, if it ever happens, the toy would break before he kills me :O 

Exactly that worries me about attempting to use a too small handgun on an adult male bigfoot.    "Oh you shot that thing at me?"  the bigfoot growls as he wrenches the gun out of my broken fingers and empties it into my gut.  

BFF Patron
5 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Yep, and they plucked hairs off the drone apparently after it emerged and two of those hairs had no medulla they said in post production results interview.  The larger nest in one of the abandoned homestead buildings looked to be from a large varmint or bird such as a weasel or vulture, still trying to figure that elevated one out that had tons of moss, hay/dead grasses and greenery in it. 

Do I remember right that the drone operator was a blond?   I get real nervous when people start talking about plucking hair without medulas.    

34 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Exactly that worries me about attempting to use a too small handgun on an adult male bigfoot.    "Oh you shot that thing at me?"  the bigfoot growls as he wrenches the gun out of my broken fingers and empties it into my gut.

It's why several quick neck shots, going for the carotids, is probably the best case defense for small arms. That is to say, small guns- not small ARMS, LOL. Small arms are more for being pulled out of their sockets and beating Humans with.

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron
8 minutes ago, hiflier said:

It's why several quick neck shots, going for the carotids, is probably the best case defense for small arms. That is to say, small guns- not small ARMS, LOL. small arms are for pulling off and beating Humans with, LOL.

Beheading and disembowelment are purportedly two of the favorites used by BF against humans.  If  the reward for shooting a bigfoot is not exclusively getting your head ripped clean off,   I think a better use of my handgun would be to eliminate my own suffering if I was disemboweled.  

I would be curious if someone with FLIR gear could reproduce that round heat blob presented in the show.  It seems more like an artificial source of heat than an animal.    I am thinking propane heat lamp.    They said that the heat signature of a bigfoot would be different because of body fur muting the heat profile.      However that red blob sort of goes against that argument unless the bigfoot had a naked belly.   

Edited by SWWASAS

1 minute ago, SWWASAS said:

I think a better use of my handgun would be to eliminate my own suffering if I was disemboweled.

Might be best not to wait that long then. Fire at will in defiance and just remember to save one for yourself. Hmmm....

"I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?"- Dirty Harry

• Like 1