1924 Ape Canyon Bibliography

Daniel Perez

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

I think regardless if anything is left out there or not? There was something out there as the fossil record reveals and it must have been terrifying. And it remains with the human psyche even today. We also know cannibalism existed with archaic humans.... 

Have you ever read Vendramini's 'Them and Us'?

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

i keep going back to the same thing that you mention here.  Maybe they are long lost tall Erectus, Neanderthals or Denisovans hiding in some of the last virgin places on Earth? 

I think that's more or less right, but I suspect something a little older, maybe with some major gaps between it and any known ancestor we share with it.   

Pleistocene.   Almost 2.6 million years ago 'til 11K years ago with 4 separate glacial maxima that created land bridges between Asia and North America, not just the most recent one we focus on.   Who knows what might have crossed into North America in one of those earlier periods and been forced by climactic conditions and, without a large population to buffer out mutation, evolved very rapidly into something more different from its ancestor than we would assume?

MIB

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MIB said:

I think that's more or less right, but I suspect something a little older, maybe with some major gaps between it and any known ancestor we share with it.   

Pleistocene.   Almost 2.6 million years ago 'til 11K years ago with 4 separate glacial maxima that created land bridges between Asia and North America, not just the most recent one we focus on.   Who knows what might have crossed into North America in one of those earlier periods and been forced by climactic conditions and, without a large population to buffer out mutation, evolved very rapidly into something more different from its ancestor than we would assume?

MIB

We honestly have no clue as to how incomplete the fossil record is...

Your suspicion seems very plausible to me.

• Upvote 1

^^^^ I wonder if we'll ever know.    Though passage of time presents more opportunities for discovery, the forests they seem associated with have acidic soils that do not leave us fossils.    Likewise, if they were originally coast dwellers, any evidence left might be under hundreds of feet of salt water just like evidence of earliest human habitation in north america.   It is possible the best guesses we'll ever get will come from DNA.

24 minutes ago, MIB said:

^^^^ I wonder if we'll ever know.    Though passage of time presents more opportunities for discovery, the forests they seem associated with have acidic soils that do not leave us fossils.    Likewise, if they were originally coast dwellers, any evidence left might be under hundreds of feet of salt water just like evidence of earliest human habitation in north america.   It is possible the best guesses we'll ever get will come from DNA.

Or under 1000's of meters of ice at the poles...

I bet that there are things preserved in the ice that would make your jaw drop.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Have you ever read Vendramini's 'Them and Us'?

No. I think he is a load of hogwash. But the premise is there for sure. Minus the cat eyed Gorilla super predators.

17 minutes ago, norseman said:

No. I think he is a load of hogwash. But the premise is there for sure. Minus the cat eyed Gorilla super predators.

Lol.  I read the book, but I agree with you.  

But, the idea of a racial memory that lingers for thousands of years after the traumatic events is intriguing.

52 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Lol.  I read the book, but I agree with you.  

But, the idea of a racial memory that lingers for thousands of years after the traumatic events is intriguing.

Oh absolutely! Humans naturally fear dark foreboding forests.... why? We fear the night. We have watched King Kong rampage the silver screen for 100 years! Why are all of these things so true? Most Americans have never see a wild Gorilla...

Sasquatch? Archaic hominid. A VERY archaic hominid. Something before the branch or branches of bipedal tool users/fire makers. We are under the assumption that all primates came from a common ancestor. Did that ancestor die out. Was there a branch that just didn't have what it took to conceptualize tool making? Even when they witnessed relatively elaborate tool making and use? We have apes that we say use tools, no matter how primitive- like using sticks for gathering termites and pond algae.

We have monkeys on the Isle of Cappuccino who we now know use rocks as tools. But there kinds of primates have been around almost as long as Humans and yet they have not advanced in either tool invention/use or fire. And even though Sasquatch is physically more like us than the great apes it STILL has apparently not advanced beyond them tool-wise. Almost seeming to have a kind of creative mindlessness for anything more than just basic instinct. Eating, mating, and dying.

We try to give them more anthropomorphic attributes  but in actuality we fail at even doing that. So. I don't know what they are. Period. I only seem to know what they do. And in spite of our efforts to the contrary, what they do is pretty darned primitive. I have called it a bear's mentality in a primate's body. I keep coming back to that. Even the nesting site fits in with that profile. I think we are stuck with a hominid in shape only. Beyond that? I don't think there's a lot to say about the creature. And it's that advanced primate shape that allows them to be so agile elusive. In that regard, the creature has every advantage even though it does make mistakes. Its mistakes though have not been serious enough to expose itself to discovery.

Edited by hiflier

• 2 weeks later...