cover up - who has been personally threatened?

MIB

I know this is probably funny coming from me given my username :) but I'm curious.   We've all heard about people being threatened if they spoke up about bigfoot.    Everybody "knows a guy", but who here has personally been threatened, and by whom?    If possible, could you share your story? 

MIB

WOW! you rarely start a thread. Your intelligent comments on the BFF are always good to see though. I'll wade right in here. I have done quite a bit of hard digging in the last year especially- both academically as well as agencies. I always have wondered in those pursuits if I would ever attract a visit or a phone call or any other sign of "someone" being interested in my activities. I have to say, there has been nothing to report on that front. It does make me wonder how hard I could push before anything would happen. Something tells me I could push pretty hard and still nothing would happen. There is an official truth about Bigfoot. So far I'm encourage that finding out that truth isn't fraught with danger. At least for the level of out-reach I have been involved in so far. I would push harder but I don't quite know how to or what that would even mean or entail.

• Upvote 1

I had a ranger get unexplainably hostile with me on Thanksgiving day.  He made mention that he had seen my vehicle recently and made mention of my equipment.  For a split second I thought that here was my first brush with the cover-up!!! 

But, then I realized that this was just some guy upset that he was working on a holiday.  Probably wanted to be home with his family.

I expect that the only time true intimidation tactics get rolled out is when someone has or is close to having legitimate solid proof.  The rest of the time ridicule and the casting of aspersions do the job well enough to invalidate evidence or people's experiences.

Asked a Ranger (Land Management) one time if he was allowed to talk about Sasquatch. He didn't hesitate with his response: :"There ain't none!" We both chuckled a bit but I did walk away thinking: He didn't answer my direct question.....um.....directly, which was "Are you ALLOWED to talk about Sasquatch?"

I guess, "There ain't none!" was an answer of sorts?

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

I was with a female companion who comes off as naive who innocently asked a District Forest Ranger in South Central Oregon what area would be best to go to look for bigfoot.     It was not so innocent because I put her up to it.   Surprisingly she was told about an area nearby that had sighting reports fairly recently.       We checked out the area and with a river and heavy timber it would be as good as any to look.   We were not in the area long enough to expect results but the fact that the Ranger responded was interesting.  

I would expect those who have had personal contacts,   would never admit it. 

^^ So not threatening? If anything it sounded helpful. So what about the OP's thoughts about not so good experiences? Anyone have trouble or feel threatened out there.  

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I had a ranger get unexplainably hostile with me on Thanksgiving day.  He made mention that he had seen my vehicle recently and made mention of my equipment.  For a split second I thought that here was my first brush with the cover-up!!! 

But, then I realized that this was just some guy upset that he was working on a holiday.  Probably wanted to be home with his family.

I expect that the only time true intimidation tactics get rolled out is when someone has or is close to having legitimate solid proof.  The rest of the time ridicule and the casting of aspersions do the job well enough to invalidate evidence or people's experiences.

Did you drop the B word on him ............................... and ask about bigfoot? What about your equipment that created curosity?

My son-in-law, a sheriff of rural and forested areas of population, claims BF is only a myth and none asks about the animal. They have had no recent calls about BF probably due to their anti BF attitude.

21 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Did you drop the B word on him ............................... and ask about bigfoot? What about your equipment that created curosity?

My son-in-law, a sheriff of rural and forested areas of population, claims BF is only a myth and none asks about the animal. They have had no recent calls about BF probably due to their anti BF attitude.

I wear an action cam on my chest rig, as well as having a Flir and night vision camera strapped to my pack.  You can tell at a glance that I ain't just hiking.  He asked what I was planning on doing with the cameras.  I told him that I shoot hiking and nature videos for YouTube. When I asked him what the problem was, he grumbled about not getting lost off trail and walked off.  I chalked it up to someone who didn't want to be at work that day.

I don't ever mention Bigfoot or any anomalous activity to any ranger or warden during my brief and infrequent interactions with them.  That being said, my partner is good friends with a former cop who hosts a police and military themed talk show on a local radio station.  He wants her to come on the show one day and take calls from police concerning strange calls and encounters that they have experienced. He says that every cop has got at least one weird story to tell.  You just need to get them to open up.  He wanted to have her on over Halloween (naturally), but we couldn't get our schedules coordinated.  

According to him, a lot of the cops in this area are believers, if they have not had actual experiences themselves. I guess like anyone else, police officers run the risk of ridicule and censure if they talk about strange things that they have seen or heard. 

I hope that we are able to eventually do the show.  What a source of reports and even leads that we might never normally hear about.

• Upvote 1

I started to reveal a bit about myself and my career but I ended up deleting it all.

I will just say, it is not smart to reveal to others, in corporate America, that you have seen anything "strange" (BF, ghosts, UFOs) to anyone you work with that hasn't had the same, "hrm" experience.

I'm sure the same goes for local/state police forces.

Edited by NatFoot
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Hope that happens, BRB :) 

Yeah.  It probably won't happen until Halloween rolls around again if at all...but you never know.  

MIB - Interesting topic.  I firmly believe the Feds are aware and protect BF for some inexplicable reason.  However, in all of my research I have never heard anyone claim to be intimidated by a fed for speaking about BF.  There  are many cases where feds clean up BF evidence and encounters.  Quite  a different story in the UFO world as you probably understand based on your username.

I think that it is easier for the powers that be to sow discord and (with a little persuasion) make people out to be crazy than to actually show up with threats in order to convince researchers to be silent.  I think that the more physical route is reserved for the ones who are very, very close.