cover up - who has been personally threatened?

MIB

7 hours ago, Arvedis said:

You don't need to reveal anything more because you already have revealed enough.  You have figured out anyone outside the BF community will think you are legitimately nuts if you try and discuss BF in any other context than humor. Don't try to play it down either because this sounds like a mistake. If you are seeing Abe Lincoln and other weird stuff, hearing voices and having dreams as you say you are then take the logical next step because it's only going to more serious.  

Other people would grow a ponytail with whatever hair they have left and go with it. Doesn't seem like you are going to go that route so fix this while you can.

This is your MO.

Abe and "Hey" were nearly 20 years apart with nothing in between besides an interesting shooting star. The dream was pure fantasy to make a point, sorry that went over your head.

Im here because I don't believe all of the people who have seen BF are nuts.

If all of that makes me insane, some of the people here are bat shit crazy.

Not judging, of course.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I had a ranger get unexplainably hostile with me on Thanksgiving day.  He made mention that he had seen my vehicle recently and made mention of my equipment.  For a split second I thought that here was my first brush with the cover-up!!! 

But, then I realized that this was just some guy upset that he was working on a holiday.  Probably wanted to be home with his family.

I expect that the only time true intimidation tactics get rolled out is when someone has or is close to having legitimate solid proof.  The rest of the time ridicule and the casting of aspersions do the job well enough to invalidate evidence or people's experiences.

Friend had a similar experience with the Forestry Service. As for myself, offline, no. Online, absolutely, from within the so called community.

22 minutes ago, starchunk said:

Friend had a similar experience with the Forestry Service. As for myself, offline, no. Online, absolutely, from within the so called community.

Yup.  I think that we do a pretty good job of threatening and intimidating each other in this community.  The powers that be probably just sit back, watch, and laugh.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, NatFoot said:

This is your MO.

Abe and "Hey" were nearly 20 years apart with nothing in between besides an interesting shooting star. The dream was pure fantasy to make a point, sorry that went over your head.

Im here because I don't believe all of the people who have seen BF are nuts.

If all of that makes me insane, some of the people here are bat shit crazy.

Not judging, of course.

I often wonder if those we define as crazy have a better grasp of things than the rest of us.    Most of what we are made of is atoms that are 90 some percent empty space.  The space is created by their electrons spinning around in their orbits acting like both particles and waves.  What we see is light from our sun 93 million miles away reflecting off of atoms.     It has been stated that there is no real reason why someone could not simply walk through a wall if the atoms are all spaced right.    Of course the odds of that happening is millions to one.      Maybe those that are seem to be talking to themselves are actually talking to someone.   Who knows?   If any of us could really sense what is around us, we might come mentally unglued too.  

21 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I had a ranger get unexplainably hostile with me on Thanksgiving day.  He made mention that he had seen my vehicle recently and made mention of my equipment.  For a split second I thought that here was my first brush with the cover-up!!! 

But, then I realized that this was just some guy upset that he was working on a holiday.  Probably wanted to be home with his family.

I expect that the only time true intimidation tactics get rolled out is when someone has or is close to having legitimate solid proof.  The rest of the time ridicule and the casting of aspersions do the job well enough to invalidate evidence or people's experiences.

What his interest likely was the professional quality of your gear.  He mentioned your gear.     If you are engaged in professional activity in the woods, you need federal permits to do so.    From what I hear, such permits are difficult to get and take months.    I think you may have to file environmental impact statements with your application.   Movie companies seek out private lands to dodge all the paperwork and delays.    I have heard stories about wedding photographers getting fined for taking wedding pictures in the woods without a permit.  

Edited by SWWASAS

8 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I often wonder if those we define as crazy have a better grasp of things than the rest of us.    Most of what we are made of is atoms that are 90 some percent empty space.  The space is created by their electrons spinning around in their orbits acting like both particles and waves.  What we see is light from our sun 93 million miles away reflecting off of atoms.     It has been stated that there is no real reason why someone could not simply walk through a wall if the atoms are all spaced right.    Of course the odds of that happening is millions to one.      Maybe those that are seem to be talking to themselves are actually talking to someone.   Who knows?   If any of us could really sense what is around us, we might come mentally unglued too.  

What his interest likely was the professional quality of your gear.  He mentioned your gear.     If you are engaged in professional activity in the woods, you need federal permits to do so.    From what I hear, such permits are difficult to get and take months.    I think you may have to file environmental impact statements with your application.   Movie companies seek out private lands to dodge all the paperwork and delays.    

I don't know.... possibly.

I have a go pro mounted on a chest rig, along with a Flir case attached to the exterior of my pack and a small digital camcorder tucked into one of the exterior mesh pouches.  I carry some other items in my pack when I am solo, but I am limited to what I can carry on my back for miles in the mountains. 

Seems like if that was the case, he would have interrogated me a bit more.  He grumbled and walked away when I asked if there was a problem.  Just seemed like a guy who didn't want to be at work that day.

Who knows?  Maybe I am on a list now and a DNR wet work team is fixing to take me out.  :lol:

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I don't know.... possibly.

I have a go pro mounted on a chest rig, along with a Flir case attached to the exterior of my pack and a small digital camcorder tucked into one of the exterior mesh pouches.  I carry some other items in my pack when I am solo, but I am limited to what I can carry on my back for miles in the mountains. 

Seems like if that was the case, he would have interrogated me a bit more.  He grumbled and walked away when I asked if there was a problem.  Just seemed like a guy who didn't want to be at work that day.

Who knows?  Maybe I am on a list now and a DNR wet work team is fixing to take me out.  :lol:

tenor.gif

You are a citizen on public property. He can go spit.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron

They want to write tickets and get money.   The state of Oregon just lost a lawsuit with several of their counties.     The state is supposed to allow logging and give the proceeds to the counties involved.   But they have catered to the no logging crowd and not allowed much logging.     The counties sued and were just awarded several billion dollars in court.     You should hear the state cry.    The state allows only a fraction of the sustainable logging to be done.    They would rather let it burn than log it.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

You are a citizen on public property. He can go spit.

My thoughts exactly. Hence my response of *Is there a problem here?". 

I will say that we are getting an influx of city dwellers moving here though recently.  They come here and immediately seem to get lost in the mountains on their first hike.  I don't think that my image screams "millennial urbanite lumbersexual", but maybe he was just thinking "Here's another one that we will be looking for after dark!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

BFF Patron

I try to hide my gear as much as possible.    I know BF is camera shy and do not want to advertise that I am carrying a couple of grand of camera gear to bad human actors.  Only camera in sight is a GoPro mounted on my hiking pole.    I may loose the golden shot but in most cases BF would be gone before I can get a good camera running anyway.  

BFF Patron

That movie also makes the Chinese Communist government get crazy ideas.    The West Coast US population density is very attractive.  

35 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

The West Coast US population density is very attractive.

Always been more of a midwest gal or maybe southern bell type vs. a typical valley girl but that's just me.   :whistle:

6 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

..........What his interest likely was the professional quality of your gear.  He mentioned your gear.     If you are engaged in professional activity in the woods, you need federal permits to do so.    From what I hear, such permits are difficult to get and take months.    I think you may have to file environmental impact statements with your application.   Movie companies seek out private lands to dodge all the paperwork and delays.    I have heard stories about wedding photographers getting fined for taking wedding pictures in the woods without a permit.  

A hunting license and wild pig tag is golden. It pretty much opens all public lands outside of national parks to foot travel with a rifle and open carry sidearm, all year round, and the "rangers" can't do much about it but whine. Dutto the police while in your dar, as log as both weapons are carried in the vehicle IAW state law (the worse appears to be unloaded, in a hard sided case, and in the trunk). This would include all manner of optics and outdoor gear. Wild pig tags are about the cheapest big game tag available, and it's usually open year round.

41 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

That movie also makes the Chinese Communist government get crazy ideas.    The West Coast US population density is very attractive.  

China has never been an expeditionary force. I don't think they even have a clue how to do it.

I've been openly talking about Sasquatch for over 3 years on fb, another forum, and in person.  I also constantly watch BiGFo0T movies on netflix and amazon.

i havent  been threatened or anything

Yes, there is very likely a government cover up to suppress evidence and discourage discovery

but heres the thing

they dont care if you talk about it, go to conferences, or anything. or EVEN if you have seen one

they only give a crap when you kill one or have tangible evidence (like a head, hand, etc.)

Edited by RedHawk454

If government or state wildlife people/rangers/game wardens know when one gets taken down by a private individual, whenever and wherever it happens, then IMHO knowledge of existence would be the easiest part.