DrBunsonHoneyDew

Bigfoot keeps showing up in SE Oklahoma Yard - Gets Shadows on Camera

SWWASAS

We live in a hell of a time as far as legal problems.        Too many people know about his bigfoot problem to shoot and bury at this point.   All it would take is one to take a good look at the face and decide it was more human than ape and tell someone.    

NatFoot
BFF Donor
30 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

My concern was to help the family and to help Mark. Help him better understand these creatures and give him some knowledge of things that I have learned since 2000 and the experience I have gained since then.  I am not here to gain brownie points by anyone nor am I here to prove how much I know about these creatures more then anyone else.  I can care less about all that. It seems that he is doing fine so far and is keeping his cool. 

This creature/creatures seem not to be aggressive. It seems like they are there for the deer and what ever small game might be on his land. If the population of Humans is low in this area then it seems that these creatures seem to be happy in this area on a seasonable  basis . I believe that they do not seem to be pressured like in other areas where the game might not be as great.

Natfoot

You can say what you want about me . I really do not care. If you do not like what I write then you do not need to read what I have to say and complain about it. I am not trying to push anything on anyone and it is their choice to read it. I am just trying to help the best I can. So rather then complain about me just ignore what I have to say. I have no problem with that. It's forum Bro. No bad feelings 

I don't read what you write anymore but saw my name as I was scrolling. It was not me that downvoted you.

13 minutes ago, Photog said:

I just spent the morning with Mark.  This is a valid active sighting.  Mark is a squared-away guy who just has a Sasquatch problem.

Mark and I will be posting some more details and videos which will assist with understanding this activity.

Glad he found someone local to help. Looking forward to the updates. Between this and Madison's ongoings...this is more exciting than most things we've had here in years (my opinion only).

• Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
16 minutes ago, Photog said:

I just spent the morning with Mark.  This is a valid active sighting.  Mark is a squared-away guy who just has a Sasquatch problem.

Mark and I will be posting some more details and videos which will assist with understanding this activity.

That's fantastic!

I am over 12 hours away.  I am so glad that he has someone nearby to assist him with this.

Mark definitely came across as a squared away individual with how he has responded to the activity.  

Eagerly looking forward to any information that you can post.  I assume by your name that you will greatly be able to assist him with his camera set up.  If there is no danger to him or his family, hopefully y'all can get some activity recorded on camera.

• Upvote 1

SWWASAS
55 minutes ago, Photog said:

Struck me as funny.    Most of us here want a Sasquatch problem until we have one.    When we do we sometimes wish it would go away.    I guess we should be careful what we wish for.   

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
14 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Struck me as funny.    Most of us here want a Sasquatch problem until we have one.    When we do we sometimes wish it would go away.    I guess we should be careful what we wish for.   

We have had activity occur when we are out looking for it, which is exciting.

We have had activity happen around our property, which is occasionally cool and exciting.  Usually, not so much when you just want to relax.  

Having strange phenomena occur deep in the forest is one thing.  You can leave the forest and leave the activity.  You can keep a certain level of detachment.  Having it happen at your home...your refuge... especially if it involves your lived ones....is a whole nother kettle of fish.  We have never had anything mess with our doors or look in our windows though.  That has to take the intensity of the situation to the next level.

SWWASAS

My place butts up against a patch of forest so close contact is possible.  ..    While I have heard howls off in the distance,  I have a state Highway and quite a few of rural houses between me and unpopulated forest.     Something messing with the house would be unnerving but I don't think I have to worry about BF.    It is comforting to know that deer hang out in the back and apparently feel safe back there.     The yard critters are bad enough that I avoid wandering around in the dark.   (Cougar, bobcat,  aggressive racoons)  

georgerm
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

You and me both.    I would think it inadvisable to tell someone with zero hunting experience to take on a bigfoot.   Sure he can defend himself or his family if that is needed, but no harm has come to the family yet.  Killing one should be the last resort.     As I have repeatedly said the one you see is not the one that is behind you really to kill you.    From my personal experience they can and will confront armed humans in pairs if there are more than one of them.    A hunting party should consist of more than one human with at least one covering the backs of the hunters.    He has already involved law enforcement who seem sympathetic to his problem.      Let them do any necessary shooting and avoid a ton of personal legal problems.  

SWW your points are well taken. A novice hunting party composed of game chasers with zero bigfoot experience seems foolish.

We don't have a guide book for people living with a bigfoot pest. We have multiple viewpoints being put forward in regards to this matter. A few are recommending killing a specimen. Others want just put up with the situation.  Many are not sure what to do but have some good ideas. My knowledge of weapons is fair, and I don't advocate killing the young bigfoot.  

If I planned on staying there and refused to let bigfoot chase me off my land, I would first put up a 7' chain link fence with motion detector lights. The fence would enclose a 50' by 150' children's back yard play area. Soon, my wife would insist on selling the house......................   problem solved! :yes:

• Downvote 1

Huntster
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, NCBFr said:

.......I thought that is why you live in AK?.........

There are lots of reasons I love Alaska, but shooting a sasquatch isn't one of them (even though one of the best places to try such a feat might be the southernmost Southeast panhandle, below the ABC islands). Moreover, if I did, there would be little chance of smuggling his heavy, stinking carcass out of here and to somebody like Meldrum. It would be much easier to send Meldrum an Alaska Airlines confirmation code and picture and let him take charge upon arrival, but that still leaves me at the mercy of the cops, lawyers, environmental kooks, media, et al. Even with a cross-my-heart promise from Meldrum, The Beast will still stand a great chance of ruining my life. 

.........I am here because of my man-crush on Norse and Huntster.

LOL!

DFC530D9-76A9-4126-A31D-133913DEC52B.jpeg

Huntster
BFF Donor
3 hours ago, Photog said:

.......Mark is a squared-away guy who just has a Sasquatch problem.......

That just struck me as funny........a nuisance sasquatch problem. :lol:  But here in Alaska we do have very liberal DLP (defense of life or property) regulations due to moose and bear problems (not to mention squirrels, porcupines, etc) which would clearly apply to a sasquatch.........at least the first time. So if you shoot him through a bedroom window, you'd at least get a pass from law enforcement if you reported it and turned it over with a DLP form downloaded and filled out. 

Of course, lots of pics would be emailed to Dr. Meldrum before the authorities arrived, and I'd have my neighbor hiding in the woods photographing the Troopers arriving, loading it up, and leaving with it............

BFF Donor

I've been on the no kill argument but if these things are peeking into windows I would be trapping one .

Whats the worse that can happen , it gets out of the trap and gets away so what.

I sure would have some good video of it happening .

Edited by 7.62
  • Downvote 1

NatFoot
BFF Donor
28 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I've been on the no kill argument but if these things are peeking into windows I would be trapping one .

Whats the worse that can happen , it gets out of the trap and gets away so what.

I sure would have some good video of it happening .

Trapping. Seriously?

• Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor
43 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Trapping. Seriously?

Sure. You just wait until the lake freezes over, then go out onto to it and cut a large hole, place a ring of Zagnuts around it. And when the BF walks up to grab one you just run up and kick it in the icehole.

Edited by hiflier
  • Haha 1

Huntster
BFF Donor
53 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Trapping. Seriously?

Yeah, I don't know what kind of trap would work. Alaskans have used bucket snares to trap brown bears even recenrly, and you might imagine how freaked out the environmentalists were over that deal. Gotta' use some serious cable and snare lock, attach it to a big tree or log, and beware of approaching it later to check it, because if there's a bear in it, he's pissed off, and has destroyed the environment all around. 

But a sasquatch has hands and fingers. He can simply unhook himself.

NCBFr
BFF Patron
6 hours ago, Photog said:

Thank you for joining and really appreciate the post.  I am pretty sure the consensus here is that mark is a standup guy.  As the man on the ground, could you outline for us why you think it is BF?  Honestly, the surveillance video showing a shadow is inconclusive and a lot of what I have heard is 3rd or 4th hand so am really interested in what is known from someone on the scene.  There is always the possibility that it is a boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, wanna-be boyfriend, or just some neighbor poacher.