DrBunsonHoneyDew

Bigfoot keeps showing up in SE Oklahoma Yard - Gets Shadows on Camera

Incorrigible1

I appreciate Photog reaching out in a pm, to give good reason for his postings. My fervent desire is for a peaceful resolution for all parties involved, including non sapiens.

• Upvote 2

Huntster
BFF Donor
7 hours ago, Photog said:

I join BFF 1.0 in 2003 after volunteering in the 90s for 12 field investigations in Washington, Colorado, Oklahoma and Texas........

Were you investigating as a member of BFRO or another organization?

Edited by Huntster

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor

Thanks for the pm, Photog.

I had originally asked Mark to join the BFF so that he could possibly receive some much needed help.  The ultimate goal was for him to gain some insight on the phenomenon for his and his family's sake.  

I believed that real time, unfiltered information about what was going on would aid some of the members in possibly helping Mark evaluate the situation and coming up with a plan to ensure his family's safety.  Without that information, this thread will become nothing but conjecture and attempts to shape the information that is available to further people's personal theories on the nature of the phenomenon.

It sounds like Mark has a good read on this thing's intentions, and has some help in the area now.  Hopefully, he will reach out if he needs anything.

Photog
BFF Donor
29 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Were you investigating as a member of BFRO or another organization?

The "online" BF Community started with dial-up BBs (bulletin boards), though not an official organization like the BFRO, many of us saw ourselves as organized under the banner of the particular BBs or list-servers which we subscribed.  So, no, not a member of the BFRO, and yes, part of an organization.

• Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

Mark came looking for support. He ended up with support that included boots on the ground thanks to Photog. And that's just the way things should work here. Word may get around that there are resources and that's the reputation we should all be striving for.

Overall I think the approach to Mark was positive with a lot of good suggestion for things to try but the best move was when Photog took it upon himself to actually go there. I am duly impressed with that and it sets an example for the kind of support someone seeking answers may be hoping for. Good job, Photog. If something like this happened in my area I would do the same. And I am sure many here think that way and some have stated the same.

NatFoot
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Mark came looking for support. He ended up with support that included boots on the ground thanks to Photog. And that's just the way things should work here. Word may get around that there are resources and that's the reputation we should all be striving for.

Overall I think the approach to Mark was positive with a lot of good suggestion for things to try but the best move was when Photog took it upon himself to actually go there. I am duly impressed with that and it sets an example for the kind of support someone seeking answers may be hoping for. Good job, Photog. If something like this happened in my area I would do the same. And I am sure many here think that way and some have stated the same.

Agreed on all points.

• Upvote 1

ShadowBorn
BFF Patron
7 hours ago, Photog said:

I need to better have better data on my GPS next time to indicate Mark's property line.  I would rather not pop out of a tree line into someone's backyard.

I think they are game trails since I wasn't tripping on anything but I was sure getting hit in the face with limbs.

Photog

Property does sit next to his property line and does his property have posted no trespassing signs as well as no hunting along his property line ? So these game trails have low branches on them along the trails . Were you able to get a good look at these trails and were you able to see any branches broken high up as though some thing large  has been moving through these game trails? Were any game cams placed near these trails to see what is using them. Also did you see any other well worn down game trails any where else that is coming up to the house and where the kids may be playing. 

If they are watching the house then there should be clear spots where they are either squatting  or standing.  Indents in the grounds where they can lay low and not be seen. Round out grass spots along the wood line. Knocked over trees that make good blind spots .Heavy brush with low opening where one can crawl in. My favorite is those heavy thorn brush that is hard to get into. Great hiding spots, tough skin but holes they are. Hope to hear more updates.  

norseman
BFF Donor
2 hours ago, Photog said:

The "online" BF Community started with dial-up BBs (bulletin boards), though not an official organization like the BFRO, many of us saw ourselves as organized under the banner of the particular BBs or list-servers which we subscribed.  So, no, not a member of the BFRO, and yes, part of an organization.

I just want to say “thank you” for your time and energy spent helping Mark.

• Upvote 1

georgerm
BFF Donor

Many of us are glad Photog is there to help. It will be especially good if we are kept informed at least daily. There is another side to this coin. We probably should know what experience Photog has with  'bigfoot infestations in rural residential areas? What other areas of BF research does she or he have?  What is the plan? What about a degree in biology?

It should be made clear, that we of the Bigfoot Forum did not endorse Photog with the task of resolving this 'resident-bigfoot clash' for liability reasons. Many of us are pleased with the volunteer effort.  

If things go badly and the land owner gets shot, or one of the volunteers is torn up by a furious bigfoot then who pays the repair bill?        ouch ........     There is always a down-side ........................ darn-it. Just be careful Photog.

Edited by georgerm
improve

SWWASAS

That shootout on the Florida Freeway shows how things can spiral out of control when multiple people having guns are involved.     With all the innocent civilians stuck on the freeway the police should have stood down.    They also had to know the UPS driver was still in the vehicle.     If the gun that killed the driver turns out to be police,  the family will demand justice.   

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, georgerm said:

Many of us are glad Photog is there to help. It will be especially good if we are kept informed at least daily. There is another side to this coin. We probably should know what experience Photog has with  'bigfoot infestations in rural residential areas? What other areas of BF research does she or he have?  What is the plan? What about a degree in biology?

It should be made clear, that we of the Bigfoot Forum did not endorse Photog with the task of resolving this 'resident-bigfoot clash' for liability reasons. Many of us are pleased with the volunteer effort.  

If things go badly and the land owner gets shot, or one of the volunteers is torn up by a furious bigfoot then who pays the repair bill?        ouch ........     There is always a down-side ........................ darn-it. Just be careful Photog.

So, we want daily updates and to verify credentials, but we disavow any connection with their activities?  

I think that the information posted here is probably going to dry up, ladies and gentlemen.  We only had a peripheral involvement with this incident at best. 

Our best hope was to be able to receive regular updates in fairly real-time.  However, Mark's main focus is and should be getting rid of this thing to ensure the safety of his family.  If we hear anything more, from either Mark or Photog, we should be thankful for what they decide to share with us.  

Until the day when we can field some BFF quick response investigation teams, we have to take what the people who are in the field choose to share.  

On that topic, we need to set up some regional teams... Or is that too ambitious?  :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

georgerm
BFF Donor

Nice work on this project BlackRockBigfoot, and it has been a fun ride. 

The daily updates would be fine but in no-way necessary. You are the point man for this endeavor, and thanks for the excitement. Many of us have stayed glued to our computers to catch the latest update.

So, we want daily updates and to verify credentials, but we disavow any connection with their activities? 

If more Americans openly talk about their 'bigfoot infestation' problem, bigfoot busters/researchers might be a future career?  

Before I step on someones land to do a design job, I have a contract with the owner, a license to show competence, and a bond for risky situations. Bigfoot Busters Inc., at times, the public really needs this service. Don't quit your day job right away!

Edited by georgerm
improve

gigantor
BFF Donor
17 hours ago, Photog said:

I chose to move away from BFF during the transition from 1.0 to 2.0, partially due to the drama of the transition and partially because I became unimpressed by the quality and character of some BFF members.

I'm beginning to see not much has changed.

Think again. I got rid of the riffraff and enforced standards for discourse. You won't find the "flame wars" and other non-sense here.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
12 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Think again. I got rid of the riffraff and enforced standards for discourse. You won't find the "flame wars" and other non-sense here.

As I slowly work my way through the old 1.0 forums, all I can say is...

boy, you ain't kidding!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Huntster
BFF Donor

I consider this the best managed internet forum I've ever been on, and I've been on a bunch. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2