DrBunsonHoneyDew

Bigfoot keeps showing up in SE Oklahoma Yard - Gets Shadows on Camera

BlackRockBigfoot
4 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

He has also done it the right way to protect himself as well. There is a documented police report and visit to his property.

Yeah, he is pretty much firing on all cylinders with this thing.  

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Perfect.

Absolutely perfect.

He already has some ideas on how to draw one in even further if his family is hassled any further, however he is not going off alone or without a plan.  People are telling him that where you see one, there are usually at least two more. He is pretty much like "well, then I will kill them too if they come near my family".   He can't move,so he is pretty much painted into a corner.  

BlackRockBigfoot

I disagree with not shooting at them in this case.

If these things are just an undiscovered primate, then that means that they are wild animals.  Wild animals with opposable thumbs that have an idea what a door knob is.  I don't want giant wild animals that have a reputation of being man-eaters near my wife and children.

If these things have any degree of human-like intelligence and they are just extremely reclusive?  Then why are they in the window looking at his kids?  That doesn't sound like reclusive behavior to me.  It's not like they want to make friends with his kids.  It sounds like the behavior of an opportunistic predator who recognizes a potentially safe meal.  

These things have returned even after he popped a few rounds off.  It is obvious that they are not skittish and not timid.  It sounds more like a fox that is patiently waiting to get into the henhouse.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

Franco

I would try a 16g blast into the air...... that should get them moving away.... If i were him would not shoot directly them... unless there is no choice Family comes first... If he does get into it with I hope he has a safe place for the Family. Were they can go until help arrives

BlackRockBigfoot
3 minutes ago, Franco said:

I would try a 16g blast into the air...... that should get them moving away.... If i were him would not shoot directly them... unless there is no choice Family comes first... If he does get into it with I hope he has a safe place for the Family. Were they can go until help arrives

He has already let at least 4 rounds go from his AR.  Hasn't deterred the creature at all from the sound of it.  

I understand the idea of not escalating things, especially if you are alone or in a small group in the backcountry.  However, he is at home.  These things aren't unstoppable killing machines.  If they were, then when the first Europeans arrived here they would have found a continent full of Sasquatch with piles of Native American bones scattered about.

I am sure that they are much stronger and faster than us.  So is a tiger...a grizzly...etc.  Man kills them all the time.  

These creature's greatest strength is stealth, and probably an unbelievable ability to live in proximity to man without forcing direct competition.  If they keep coming on to this guy's property, they will lose the advantage of stealth.  And they will then be in competition/conflict with him, probably to their own peril.

gigantor

Get us a type specimen!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

JKH
21 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If these things are just an undiscovered primate, then that means that they are wild animals.  Wild animals with opposable thumbs that have an idea what a door knob is.  I don't want giant wild animals that have a reputation of being man-eaters near my wife and children.

If these things have any degree of human-like intelligence and they are just extremely reclusive?  Then why are they in the window looking at his kids?  That doesn't sound like reclusive behavior to me.  It's not like they want to make friends with his kids.  It sounds like the behavior of an opportunistic predator who recognizes a potentially safe meal.  

These things have returned even after he popped a few rounds off.  It is obvious that they are not skittish and not timid.  It sounds more like a fox that is patiently waiting to get into the henhouse.

They're not reclusive, they're evasive. They're not timid, but they don't want to be discovered. Rural folks sometimes have this activity, some get used to it, some don't. For the latter, I'd advise relocation despite the hardship. The BFs aren't going anywhere, to quote Branco.

The BFRO states, "A bright flashlight or spotlight seems to be the most effective way to make one or more sasquatches back off and leave an area. Even warning shots are apparently not as effective as bright spotlights, especially when carried by groups of people searching a wooded area after dark. This latter response by humans tends to quickly and permanently halt any recurring harassment behavior or theft of small livestock from rural properties."

Airdale

Here are some Google Earth photos showing what I believe must be the property based on the description that it is in the center of the photo supplied by the Reddit poster. The first is an overview showing that it is on the eastern fringe of the Ouachita Mountains, the second is a closer shot with a line from the property to the Darwin Church (which was the search parameter I used) 0.47 miles NNE, the third shows a pond near the property. Note that there are two power line corridors, one just north of the property and one about 0.5 miles south. The two Street View photos show a view from the Hwy. 3 down Holaday Road that leads to the property and a shot roughly in the opposite direction, note the grazing cattle.

Edited by gigantor
removed pictures for privacy reasons

Catmandoo

This story bothers me.  The dogs in the initial video did not react to anything. The second dog emerged from the same direction as 'Mr. Shadow'.

Animals without opposing thumbs rattle doorknobs. A house cat can open doors.

Any farm animals disappearing?

I have a suggestion for anyone who is in contact with the person in Oklahoma.  Suggest that he change all of his outdoor light bulbs to 'yellow bug lights'.  The change would not be a huge amount of money.

BlackRockBigfoot
1 minute ago, JKH said:

They're not reclusive, they're evasive. They're not timid, but they don't want to be discovered. Rural folks sometimes have this activity, some get used to it, some don't. For the latter, I'd advise relocation despite the hardship. The BFs aren't going anywhere, to quote Branco.

The BFRO states, "A bright flashlight or spotlight seems to be the most effective way to make one or more sasquatches back off and leave an area. Even warning shots are apparently not as effective as bright spotlights, especially when carried by groups of people searching a wooded area after dark. This latter response by humans tends to quickly and permanently halt any recurring harassment behavior or theft of small livestock from rural properties."

If he begins dropping them, they'll go somewhere.  If (non)human wave attacks were their usual M.O., then we would have bodies galore already.  They will run out of Sasquatch before he runs out of bullets.  

He is supposedly stringing up additional cameras today. He will probably add extra lights.  However, he is not approaching this like a researcher or even someone interested in the various mythologies that have sprung up over time about these creatures.  He is approaching this like a man who lives in a fairly remote area who feels that his family might be in danger.  He already has a few ideas, and according to him he has a few friends arriving to help.  If all of this is how he describes it, then he is going to probably take direct action sooner rather than later. 

ShadowBorn
45 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

There are things here that do not make sense about what is being said here. If this is a creature then why is it just bothering this house if there are other houses in this same area. Do you not think that there would be more police reports of peeping toms peeping in windows in that general area. Why not seek it out during the day if it is bothering them every night . I am sure if it is a bigfoot it surely must be hanging around that general area during the day as well.  

What is in bold is just an assumption . We have no idea if that is what it wants. After all he has been out there with his rifle with out knowing that this creature could easy take him out any time that it wants. If it wanted to enter his house it could have no problem do so with out using the door handle .  If this creature wanted his kids or wife it would choose it's most opportune moment and do it. It would not matter whether it was night or day. As it stands right now al he has is a shadow on film and no clear prints. No clear trail going into and leading out from the house. There are no tree breaks that shows that this creatures is moving through this area where on can track.

What I see is some one who might end up in jail that might shoot a person in a panic. Believing that what ever might be visiting his place is a bigfoot.  There is just no clear evidence suggesting that this is a bigfoot. 

• Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot

I honestly don't know.  Maybe he is the only one in the area with children.  Maybe that is what is attracting them to the property.  A lot of these smaller rural areas have an older population.  All of the younger folks have moved to the city.  

Who knows? Maybe it is a human up to no good?  His dogs are running off whimpering on video for no apparent reason, so maybe it's something more.  Between what his wife and kids have reported seeing, it would appear to an outside observer that he is dealing with a Sasquatch.

hiflier
4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

He has already let at least 4 rounds go from his AR.  Hasn't deterred the creature at all from the sound of it.  

If the are shots touched off only in an attempt to dissuade then it may be having an opposite effect? Shots get fired, shots are interpreted as nothing to be fearful of beyond noise since there is no bodily harm. It would appear that whatever or whomever it is, the intruder has already shown themselves to be persistently bold even in the face of gunfire. So, IDK. A rogue? And therefore dangerous? If it's a Human they are taking a huge risk!

Edited by hiflier

Huntster
6 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.......He is getting deluged with messages from 'experts' who are telling him that he needs to not hurt it, or that he needs to leave it alone so it stays and he can gather more evidence........

To Hell with that. If he has his face in my window, I'll blow it off with the 12 gauge. He's already had the cops over. If they find it dead under my blown out window, they'll have a tough time prosecuting me for a crime.

• Upvote 3

NatFoot
6 minutes ago, Huntster said:

To Hell with that. If he has his face in my window, I'll blow it off with the 12 gauge. He's already had the cops over. If they find it dead under my blown out window, they'll have a tough time prosecuting me for a crime.

Correct.

Also...do we know if he's had anything else happen since shots fired? I didn't read it that way.