DrBunsonHoneyDew

Bigfoot keeps showing up in SE Oklahoma Yard - Gets Shadows on Camera

Twist

I'm curious, you have found them to be hanging around and observing but that does not make you more nervous?   I'm not judging, just curious why their non interaction for a short time puts you at ease?   They were just a short while ago approaching the house, no ?

BFF Donor
3 hours ago, ExTrumpet said:

You left your kids alone to play hide and seek in the yard knowing you have bigfoots watching them?  Or, you assumed they were watching?  (Seems that way since you turned on the surveillance).

Also, what footage do you have that you zoomed in on?  Just how close were they

What's he going to do really . There's only two solutions here , live with them visiting his property or kill them.

The cameras and lights might deter them for a minute but for what ever reason only known to them they keep coming back.

So what do you do? He said he won't leave the children unattended or go out in the woods by themselves .My self I already said what I would do but I'm not a complicated man.  I'm simple minded  so if you come   and kill what I have for a guardian a protector and a friend

I would be pursuing another route , but's that's me .

NCBFr
BFF Patron
6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

What's he going to do really . There's only two solutions here , live with them visiting his property or kill them.

I said the same thing 50 pages ago.  You can make the living with them a little safer but in the end those are the only 2 choices.

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

So what do you do? He said he won't leave the children unattended or go out in the woods by themselves .My self I already said what I would do but I'm not a complicated man.  I'm simple minded  so if you come   and kill what I have for a guardian a protector and a friend

I would be pursuing another route , but's that's me .

You may be a simple man (great LS song BTW) but your sentence structure is a tad complicated.  Do you kill em all?   

BFF Donor
2 hours ago, NCBFr said:

Do you kill em all?

This isn't really the conversation or help Mark came to Bigfoot forums for I don't think  . I'm not qualified or in Marks shoes to advice 

him on something that could be a life or death  event . I can only say what I would do. Once I made the determination to kill these things I would move my family out of the home during that time. Then I would make plans to bait  them in . All the cameras and alarm systems would be turned off on the property . 

Someone said that they probably killed the dog because he was the loudest and boldest barker .I think Mark also said the dog missing was the one who always warned him first of all the dogs he had. If you look at any of my posting history I have always been against shooting one of these things but once they decide to make my property  and my animals their personal hunting ground , I will hunt them .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

I think there is a third solution. Drive them from your property.

Without question, that's what the owner has been trying to do, and with steadfast determination, but fate hasn't found the right combination of deterrents to accomplish that.  Every living creature has it limits and once reached it will decide to move on. I don't profess to know what they in this case.

BFF Donor

That's why he came here for help . He doesn't want to shoot them and the round he fired he said was out of frustration not to really harm one.

Imdyinbitch
13 hours ago, ExTrumpet said:

You left your kids alone to play hide and seek in the yard knowing you have bigfoots watching them?  Or, you assumed they were watching?  (Seems that way since you turned on the surveillance).

Also, what footage do you have that you zoomed in on?  Just how close were they?

My mother and my sister and my brother-in-law were there that day with the kids..

• Upvote 1

BFF Donor

I just want to explain my thoughts on this . I get it that some folks have dogs that are tools and property. I have a very close friend  that owns a dairy farm that has barn dogs. I get all that and there's nothing wrong with that way of thinking . I'm only speaking for my self .

My dogs live in my home , they are part of my family . Everyone has a line you don't cross ,

If a family of bigfoots decide to invade my home and property and kill one of my protectors and friend I then don't care why they are there .

I'm not going to rack my brain and try to understand them . By them doing this they have shown me they are dangerous the same as if a pack of coyotes decide to make my property their home and kill one of my dogs. I would exterminate them 

20181211_124939.jpg

• Upvote 2

Madison5716
BFF Donor

My first experiences were with presumed bigfoot watching and hunting on the edges of a children's summer camp in 2012. I firmly believe that they bring their older juveniles in close to humans to help them learn about human behavior by observation. Children - and those tending them - are the least likely to be violent or hunters. There are many historical and current anecdotes of bigfoots watching children. Plus, some anecdotes of bad bigfoots snatching children. Just like us, I think they have bad and good personalities, either natural or acquired traits. I still wouldn't trust them.

Remove all food sources, up your livestock defenses (put GPS teackers on your livestock?), talk to your neighbors. Eliminate their easy meals and maybe their curiosity will subside. As hunter-gatherers, the need for a full belly will eventually win out over curiosity. 

I'm still sad about the dog, but rock throwing and house slapping are commonly reported behavior and don't seem to usually be threatening. 

Thank you for taking us along. I hope we've helped some, and it's been interesting!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

ExTrumpet
1 hour ago, Imdyinbitch said:

My mother and my sister and my brother-in-law were there that day with the kids..

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Your previous post stated that you zoomed in on the video footage...anything of note?

hiflier
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

My dogs live in my home , they are part of my family .

Pretty sure Mark's dogs go in as well. Seems to me he firmed that up fairly early in the thread?

Edited by hiflier

JustCurious

I agree with Mark's assessment of his situation. 

There are plenty of deer in the woods surrounding his property as seen in the feeding plot video.  I'd imagine there is plenty for the creatures to eat out there without resorting to animal feed.  Getting at animal feed exposes them to detection, which I think they avoid.

None of the actions so far are aggressive.  We don't know what happened to the dogs.  I'd suspect coyotes before bigfoot, but in the absence of remains nothing can be said for sure about what happened.

The kids had been out playing in the yard before Mark even knew about the bigfoot and nothing adverse happened then or since.  He can't keep his kids locked in the house, so allowing them out to play under diligent supervision is acceptable.  I think the odds of them being bitten by one of those poisonous snakes is more likely than a bigfoot kidnapping.  The kids themselves seem to run inside at the sight of the bigfoot, so I think co-existence is possible here.

hiflier
BFF Donor
5 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

We don't know what happened to the dogs.

Just one dog, JustCurious. If folks read your message and then think it was more than one then they might get a heightened impression of the situation that wouldn't be accurate. So just the one dog went missing. But it also happened to be the one that would be the first one to go into the woods when there was a disturbance or some kind of noise.

Huntster
BFF Donor
9 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

......I think the odds of them being bitten by one of those poisonous snakes is more likely than a bigfoot kidnapping........

This. Oklahoma has no shortage of snakes, either, although this time of year is the least dangerous.

But he doesn't have snakes slithering around on his security cameras. The potential threat right now is possibly a sasquatch kidnapping a child.

At my home the potential threat are bears. Remarkably, I've never had bear problems there in 29 years, despite having sheep, goats, and fowl much if that time, not to mention a garbage trailer and several bee hives. It's a virtual bear smorgasbord. Moreover, the neighbor has shown me pics of a BIG boar grizzly in his yard passing through. Other reports confirm they are around. But so far, no problem. But all it would take is one bear raid or dead family dog for war to be declared, all legal, and full-on serious. No hard feelings, but I simply cannot tolerate a problem bear at my home.

• Upvote 1

BlackRockBigfoot
BFF Donor
16 hours ago, Imdyinbitch said:

I do have a certain amount of comfort with what seems to be a family unit. Looking at When the videos were shot of them observing my kids, we had company and my sisters grandkids were here also. They were playing hide and go seek. the kids were scattered in different parts of the yard. I was not here, my wife and I were gone Christmas shopping. I had turned on the Arlo system because we were going to be gone most of the day. Usually I do not have it recorded during the daytime. Later on I was reviewing the footage, and noticed the horses moving away from that corner and I zoomed in.. I'd actually had this footage on my phone several days before noticing them...

Them being this close while the kids we're separated from each other, and me being gone does make me feel a little bit more easy about this .. but nothing will ever be the same, I will never let my guard all the way down, our kids will never be alone outside or go picking berries, etc

As much as I think that these things cannot be trusted, at the end of the day you are the one dealing with this situation.  I think that they are opportunistic predators, but that predation occurs in the wilderness and isolation.  

The dog going missing would up the ante for me, but given the lack of physical evidence there is a chance that it just got spooked and ran off.  Dogs go missing all the time, so maybe the timing was just coincidental.  I can't say that I would risk that, but that's just me.

I don't think that these things are friendly...if they are intelligent then they are indifferent and cautious of mankind or outright fearful and hostile. If they are animals...well, then they are wild animals...with all the dangers that would go along with a beast of that size and physicality.  I know that they seem to be kept at bay right now by the camera barrier, but I would constantly worry about equipment failure and they possiblity that they would get through.  

Like I have shared with you via pm, I have had similar but FAR lesser activity around my place.  If I had kids I don't know if I would be able to relax with these things around.  

Hopefully, these things will mosey on down the road and you can get some peace and quiet.

• Like 1