DrBunsonHoneyDew

Bigfoot keeps showing up in SE Oklahoma Yard - Gets Shadows on Camera

JustCurious
44 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Just one dog, JustCurious. If folks read your message and then think it was more than one then they might get a heightened impression of the situation that wouldn't be accurate. So just the one dog went missing. But it also happened to be the one that would be the first one to go into the woods when there was a disturbance or some kind of noise.

In the past he had a border collie come up missing, now he had a black lab disappear.

hiflier
BFF Donor
22 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

In the past he had a border collie come up missing, now he had a black lab disappear.

Yes, but only the lab hasn't come back. And just an FYI for everyone, I went back through the thread and saw that the dogs have a doggie door that they use in the back door of the parent's house. They can go in or out at will (unless it is secured at night?) and so are not outside 24/7. When Mark went outside the night he took a shot it didn't look like the dogs were with him.

Twist

I’ve always had dogs, cats or other livestock and never had an issue with predators.   Never really gave it much thought other than chickens in regards to coyotes and fox but I only consider them  a nuisance more than a real predator.

All that being said in the last few weeks my buddy has captured a pretty big black bear on his game cam and this past weekend he got a pic of a decent sized bobcat.    

bipedalist
BFF Patron
1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Yes, but only the lab hasn't come back. And just an FYI for everyone, I went back through the thread and saw that the dogs have a doggie door that they use in the back door of the parent's house. They can go in or out at will (unless it is secured at night?) and so are not outside 24/7. When Mark went outside the night he took a shot it didn't look like the dogs were with him.

Those doggie doors can be problematic, all variety of four-legged wildlife will find them and two-legged scoundrels can too.  Good way to have uninvited guests.  Would have to be a slim shadow BF to get in one though. 

hiflier
BFF Donor
6 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Would have to be a slim shadow BF to get in one though.

Yes, indeed. And you are right about other critters. Raccoons LOVE the things which is why many come with a slip-in panel for night security. When the mother said she heard something at the fence by the corner of her house she stated that it wasn't the dogs because they were inside. She also didn't say that they ran outside or, IIRC, even barked.

okieman
20 hours ago, hiflier said:

Years ago NAWAC shot at one over around Honobia. The shot was deflected by a branch and it got away. But I think there was blood left behind. So, worst case scenario? The same creature now has a juvenile and is visiting Mark.

IF that's at all a possibility, unlikely as it would seem, then would that constitute trying to reach out to Humans a second time? Humans with juveniles of their own? I'm really shooting in the dark here, folks, trying to look at all angles. Following this line of thinking maybe the BF adult doesn't WANT to live around Honobia any more. Left a long time ago. Remembered Humans have pea patches and so is trying to get Mark's family's attention for handouts, maybe to plant some peas. How does one interpret throwing a few rocks at the house? Or hanging around at night? Dunno. Only looking for food for a hungry juvenile?

Yep, wacky thinking, but since we don't know these creatures' ways of thinking then how do we approach what's been going on. Could their thinking be that simplistic? At least there is a history around Honobia and gunfire. Heck, I wouldn't want to stay in Honobia either if I was one of the BF's that was around there during that incident. I don't think Mark really wants to kill anything. He wants peace and safety.

The incident you're referring to didn't happen near Honobia but was several miles from there.  It's referred to as the Echo Incident on the NAWAC website http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/204-the-echo-incident here. It is possible it could have been the same wood ape as these creatures can travel a number of miles.

• Thanks 1

BFF Donor
38 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yes, indeed. And you are right about other critters. Raccoons LOVE the things which is why many come with a slip-in panel for night security. When the mother said she heard something at the fence by the corner of her house she stated that it wasn't the dogs because they were inside. She also didn't say that they ran outside or, IIRC, even barked.

I haven't had a problem (knock on wood) with other critters getting in through my dog door :D

I always leave it open but I installed a few hundred feet of 7 foot chain link fencing  attached to my home to keep the dogs safe from coyotes or other critters. 

• Upvote 2

Huntster
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.........they are indifferent and cautious of mankind or outright fearful and hostile.......

Well, after thinking on that for a moment, I realized that I couldn't hold that agin' 'em. I feel the same way.

Imdyinbitch
5 hours ago, ExTrumpet said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

Your previous post stated that you zoomed in on the video footage...anything of note?

If you didn't notice this earlier in this thread. I'm not into answering repetitious questions

Edited by Imdyinbitch
  • Upvote 1

BFF Donor
20 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Well, after thinking on that for a moment, I realized that I couldn't hold that agin' 'em. I feel the same way.

After being alive for more than half a century I agree :D

I'm out of likes but here's  a smile 

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

Huntster
BFF Donor

Smile accepted and treasured!

ExTrumpet
11 minutes ago, Imdyinbitch said:

If you didn't notice this earlier in this thread. I'm not into answering repetitious questions

Correct, I did not notice your answer earlier in the thread.  I'm not into hashing through 50+ pages to find out, either.

Carry on...

gigantor
BFF Donor

So I think this thread has run its course and I don't want it to go downhill.

I'm going to close it for now, if there are any updates, @Imdyinbitch please send me a PM and I will reopen it.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

BFF Donor

This thread was reopened ? 

Did Mark have another sighting ?

• Upvote 1

Twist

I’d guess that enough ppl did not agree with the closure.   There was minimal contention and ongoing activity on the site being reported.   

• Upvote 1