Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

Sharing bigfoot information with those around you can be frustrating when the topic changes to bigfoot. Many self proclaimed experts deny the existence of bigfoot.  The uninformed don’t realize in recent times, over 100 individuals wandering the forest of Oregon are eye witnesses. So far, my family group of seven, ridicule any suggestion of Sasquatch and my enjoyment of discussing this topic goes cold.  

Same problem?

Any suggestions?

Give them a 10 page bigfoot basic 101 book?

Edited by georgerm

Funny enough - there is a Sasquatch 101 book out by Charles Kimbrough. Only $4 on Amazon Kindle. (I'm reading for free because I have Kindle Unlimited)

https://www.amazon.com/SQUATCHIN-101-Start-Bigfoot-Research/dp/1796831662

1730963303_Squatchin101cover.thumb.jpg.e69092eadb39abefa6ce53b169b2fb29.jpg

I'm only 1/3 through and I can't say there is anything so far that surprises me, but I could see this as a good place for a newby to start.

I have no problem convincing my family. My son has had sightings and my daughter got a rock thrown to her (not at her) on her very first outing. They believe me...

Just the opposite . My family members believe in the mythical beast. I am the skeptic who doubts their existence. 

No specimen means .No existence. No book,film,foot prints or eyewitnesses holds up  to scrutiny. 

• Upvote 1

I have multiple close friends that have also had encounters so around them there’s no ridicule.   I talk about it at work sometimes and while some raise eyebrows or make jokes no one really cares about my interest.   I had one co worker bring in some hair in a baggie he thought could be BF.   It was very interesting hair that to this day I’m not sure of the source.   

I have mentioned my interest in sasquatch to all of my friends and family.  Two friends (out of ~30) don't believe and don't talk about it.  One other friend laughed when I brought it up but I calmly walked him through why, the experiences I have had, and the general areas things have occurred. He knows those general areas and now is always asking me if I've seen or heard anything. My family all are interested and buy me BF teeshirts, mugs, air fresheners, and other items. My sister treated me to a visit to a sasquatch museum in northwest Georgia when I visited her two years ago. 

I've never felt any ridicule and have found that people are almost always interested once I explain what I, and other people they know, have seen or heard.  I'll walk them through a specific incident, such as a wood knock incident I had. I'll describe what happened and what I did to eliminate all possible explanations. Then I ask them what I missed an welcome an open dialogue with them.

I find that inviting their input and engaging them in the discussion really helps to stimulate their curiosity and open their minds to the subject.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 1

I assumed that there were many others in a family group or had lots of friends that ridiculed those who spoke of bigfoot.  It's a huge topic since it will put zoology on it's head when one is brought in on a streacher. With all of our technology and know-how it's amazing that we can't trap or dart one to bring into the primate zoo for study.  

Edited by georgerm

Give them time and be patient.  It takes awhile for some to get used to the idea of Bigfoot as a serious subject.  Don't push, remain consistent, and try not to take it personally.  They may never come around.  Just do what you do.  With mutual respect comes understanding.  I have gone through this before and it can be rough.  Hang in there!

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, georgerm said:

Sharing bigfoot information with those around you can be frustrating when the topic changes to bigfoot. Many self proclaimed experts deny the existence of bigfoot.  The uninformed don’t realize in recent times, over 100 individuals wandering the forest of Oregon are eye witnesses. So far, my family group of seven, ridicule any suggestion of Sasquatch and my enjoyment of discussing this topic goes cold.  

Same problem?

Any suggestions?

Give them a 10 page bigfoot basic 101 book?

Take em in the field. They may become believers in a split second...

22 minutes ago, Hammer102492 said:

Give them time and be patient.  It takes awhile for some to get used to the idea of Bigfoot as a serious subject.  Don't push, remain consistent, and try not to take it personally.  They may never come around.  Just do what you do.  With mutual respect comes understanding.  I have gone through this before and it can be rough.  Hang in there!

Hippy-Dippy arsed beyotch! Where ya been? Now I've gotta throw on some Terrapin Station.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

My family all are interested and buy me BF teeshirts, mugs, air fresheners

Especially the air fresheners...

Are they for the noxious Bigfoot odor that some experience, the wet dog/decaying rodent smell?

Seriously, that’s cool, Wiiawiwb, that family and friends are supportive.

I wanted to mention that the well-stocked public library system that includes my town, Natick, Mass., has its (small number of) Bigfoot and cryptic books in the CHILDREN’S section. None in the adult section. I’m going to suggest the Squatchin’ 101 book!

Seems like it's every other topic under the sun that I can't talk about with family and friends. With sasquatchery, they don't know squat. Everything else? They're know-it-alls.

• Upvote 1

I'm finding that i can't care what people think too much. Most who dismiss it are clueless and know only pop culture references to the topic. Since i used to be that person, too, I understand where they are coming from. It's frightening/infuriating/bewildering to consider that some of the things you believe are truth, just aren't so.

4 hours ago, hiflier said:

Very cool to hear from you Hammy :) 

Thanks hilifer for the warm greeting!  It's been awhile!

4 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Hippy-Dippy arsed beyotch! Where ya been? Now I've gotta throw on some Terrapin Station.

Yeah, just popped in for a visit.  I should hang out here more often.  I miss it!  Yes, now go get your Terrapin on lol

15 hours ago, Redbone said:

Funny enough - there is a Sasquatch 101 book out by Charles Kimbrough. Only $4 on Amazon Kindle. (I'm reading for free because I have Kindle Unlimited)

https://www.amazon.com/SQUATCHIN-101-Start-Bigfoot-Research/dp/1796831662

1730963303_Squatchin101cover.thumb.jpg.e69092eadb39abefa6ce53b169b2fb29.jpg

I'm only 1/3 through and I can't say there is anything so far that surprises me, but I could see this as a good place for a newby to start.

I have no problem convincing my family. My son has had sightings and my daughter got a rock thrown to her (not at her) on her very first outing. They believe me...

Excellent book!

I've brought friends on an overnight backpack to different areas I go sasquatching . When they see the vastness of the forest, knowing they're miles from civilization, and how "spooky" it is in the black of night, each one, without fail, has admitted the surroundings could accommodate a sasquatch. 

At night, I'll get the proverbial, "What the hell was that??!!", when they hear noises all around.  One time, on an overnight with a friend I brought, we experienced a rock throw and branch break.  Nowadays, he"ll hike in with me during the day to poke around but he won't stay overnight in the backcountry where we go. HaHa!

Take your skeptical family or friends into the deep recesses of the forest. They'll enter the woods a skeptic and leave the next morning open to its existence.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1