Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

9 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Just curious, as a retiree hiflier, what have you actually done, besides publish a book, RV across the nation in the guise of BF research, engage in an email campaign to politicize BF  and engage in forum banter ad infinitum to wrangle people into your camp?  It is not cool to propagate the conditions under which a member is accepted and chooses to participates here!  Moods do not count!  Pro=kill is just what is sounds like.--the end of the line for a cognizant being.  It is more than a gorilla, have you asked Jane Goodall to support your efforts, why just F&G? 

I've done nothing but camp, in the safety of my 23' travel trailer, in squatchy places. Can I have an opinion and participate here?

I'm actually sort of floored this is coming from you. If I read your message incorrectly, I apologize.

• Downvote 1

bipedalist, I've actually done a bit more than the activities that you listed. I have attempted contact with Dr. Goodall, yes. I think you know me well enough. I have stated in the past about those attempts as well. Specifically I addressed the shoulder width of Patty so it was  a while back. Never got a response. So you're right, nothing lately. Pretty much everything I've done I have brought here but there are also things I have done that I haven't. A couple of years ago I got a lot of flak here about emails so I backed off. Shouldn't have, but I did.

F&G have biologists that do e-DNA field testing. So yes, they are a focus of mine and I'm trying to figure a way to get more inside on that. And why not. As far as RVing goes, I go. BF research is a secondary thing because my spouse is pretty sensitive to the subject. It's not like I can tell Mrs. hiflier that I'm going to do research and then just take off with the RV. It doesn't, and can't work that way. If we were both of the same mind then sure, we'd be in it with both feet. But that's not the case.

Would she let me fly out to the PacNW on my own and 'do my thing'? Of course she would. But if I have a truck and a camper then why would I fly then rent a car? 12 years ago I had a triple bypass. I would worry her to be on the road by myself and drive 7,000 miles round trip at 70 years old. So I chose to work in other directions and not worry her. But work in other directions I do. Sometimes I get impatient here because I feel limited. Sorry about that. Walk in my shoes. Know what I know, and some of you may act the same way.

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

@hiflier

What's your drink of choice tonight? I can tell you're in one of your "moods"!

:ph34r: :D

Best question of the evening! The usual. Caffeine. Might have overindulged, though. Probably shouldn't drive ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I've done nothing but camp, in the safety of my 23' travel trailer, in squatchy places.........

I don't know if I've even done that despite camping in tents and RVs all over Alaska, western Canada, and the western U.S. I don't know which places are squatchy and which ones are not.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
26 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I've done nothing but camp, in the safety of my 23' travel trailer, in squatchy places. Can I have an opinion and participate here?

I'm actually sort of floored this is coming from you. If I read your message incorrectly, I apologize.

Shouldn't be floored I have been exposed to several years of hiflier posts that you have probably not yet read.  That said, I am always up for a reminder of how others react to others on this forum and that is the gist of my post.  I do not appreciate others hardlining their positions so to speak.  My past history of ten or more years on this forum predate the post and have solidified my reactions.  My post was directed at hiflier not you, if that at all matters. 

Edited by bipedalist

1 minute ago, Huntster said:

I don't know which places are squatchy and which ones are not

Nor do I. Lots of places LOOK Squatchy, whatever THAT means. My decision to stick to trails is part of me now. Bushwhacked up until about three years ago. 30 lb. pack and all. Got a 16' ft trailer in the Summer of 2017 so things are different now. Using my brain better and more electronics now. But I also know that places I go coincide with reports. I took a route through Tulsa to have 2 hr. lunch with a BF friend. I'm sad and kind of anxious these days because my dog of 12 1/2 years, a true friend, is dying. Melanoma. He's may got a month. He's posted here in the thermal image thread I started. My spouse an I have camped with him and then traveled with him since he was a pup. Needless to say he won't be with us on our next trip. We have a friend in Port Angeles and we're going this Summer.....without him.

So I'm a little out of sorts these days. Anything else anyone wants to know?  

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

Shouldn't be floored I have been exposed to several years of hiflier posts that you have probably not yet read.  That said, I am always up for a reminder of how others react to others on this forum and that is the gist of my post.  I do not appreciate others hardlining their positions so to speak.  My past history of ten or more years on this forum predate the post and have solidified my reactions.  My post was directed at hiflier not you, if that at all matters. 

@hiflier knows what I think about some of his ideas and how he presents them. I've also read part of his novel. I think he's a good guy with some good ideas who gets frustrated for good reasons (most of the time).

Let's not get off on a tangent with my use of the word squatchy. I meant I camped in national forests and areas that have had a history of sightings.

I guess I also have the family sighting...but that's it.

• Thanks 1

Admin

Hiflier, so sorry to hear about your furry family member, which they are. We lost one of our rescues back in early October. Gut wrenching is all I can say about it. We only had her for about 6 1/2 years. All you can do is try to make them as comfortable as possible and cherish every moment you have left with them.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Nor do I. Lots of places LOOK Squatchy, whatever THAT means. My decision to stick to trails is part of me now. Bushwhacked up until about three years ago. 30 lb. pack and all. Got a 16' ft trailer in the Summer of 2017 so things are different now. Using my brain better and more electronics now. But I also know that places I go coincide with reports. I took a route through Tulsa to have 2 hr. lunch with a BF friend. I'm sad and kind of anxious these days because my dog of 12 1/2 years, a true friend, is dying. Melanoma. He's may got a month. He's posted here in the thermal image thread I started. My spouse an I have camped with him and then traveled with him since he was a pup. Needless to say he won't be with us on our next trip. We have a friend in Port Angeles and we're going this Summer.....without him.

Thoughts for you and the pup. I made one terrible decision regarding a dog that I'll never forget/live down.

Thank you all, my heart goes out to all those who have lost those so unbelievably dedicated creatures. He brings my slippers........for a goodie of course.

Sorry for my disposition. But here's the way it shakes out for me. Once I say this I'll let things go. Sasquatch is a real creature. Of that I have no doubt. There is a cover up of that fact. I am in no doubt of that either. And greed runs the whole show. Again, no doubt. It pisses me off. Breaking through that somehow is my goal, and seriously has been for the last two years. All I do is figure out ways and ideas for accomplishing the task. Period. Those things are behind every serious post I submit. I am 100% "Solve For Bigfoot". And I'm convinced that it has to happen and soon.  

Okay, I'm done. Said what I needed to say.  

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 3

I am out of upvotes and thank yous. Basically because I like dishing them out more these days :)Tomorrow you'll get both. My only regret? Can't do it in the same post. Ah well.....

Of course, if I could, there are some posts where I would definitely burn up my whole cache in one shot, LOL.  So it's probably better this way.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Going to squachy places with a rv and family is the the ultimate adventure and great for family harmony. If my wife is not into bigfooting, she really likes the adventures associated with camping. It's great to combine discovering outdoor camp areas with a family affair that includes my wife and our nine year old dog. Our dog Ewee barks when something is wandering around out side our home or camp. 

Hiflier, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. Our other dog, Teddy, of fourteen years was just put down about a half year ago. She had a respiratory ailment, and I took her to the vet. He shot her up with a terminal potient. I feel horrible since watching her go into a terminal state, and can I forgive my self? She was not big into to squatching but was a real fine camp dog. People laugh at Pomerianians,  but they are a great early warning system especially if bigfoot comes around the home or the RV.   

9 hours ago, hiflier said:

I wholly wish things would slow down, stop, or get put into reverse but it just isn't happening

Eh, just wait until the next Carrington Event. Or, the future upcoming Cascadia Earthquake.  Those will slow things down, though the first will most likely be an ELE. 

I kinda hope things just carry on the way they are, but with more protection of National and State Parks and other designated lands.  Don't see that happening right now, but one can hope. I don't think they're all that rare, however. Maybe it's just where i live, though.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 12/12/2019 at 8:23 PM, Wolfjewel said:

Especially the air fresheners...

Are they for the noxious Bigfoot odor that some experience, the wet dog/decaying rodent smell?

Seriously, that’s cool, Wiiawiwb, that family and friends are supportive.

I wanted to mention that the well-stocked public library system that includes my town, Natick, Mass., has its (small number of) Bigfoot and cryptic books in the CHILDREN’S section. None in the adult section. I’m going to suggest the Squatchin’ 101 book!

First, @hiflier  please accept my apologies for my off-topic post directed at you last evening.  

Also, sorry to hear of your aging pets condition, I have been there before and it has been painful but part of signing on to a dedicated relationship with them.  I still miss the last dog I owned and it has been years. 

Second (on topic post) @Wolfjewel

Good suggestion on library which reminds me that I have picked up two ex-library Apes Among Us originals by John Green because of the tepid response of the subject  through the years. (It is possible they were replaced with new ones) but these were not in terrible shape even though one has a page or two missing  which gives you some idea of people identifying with parts of at least some of the sightings or info.  I would imagine authors donating copies to their local reading rooms would be a sweet idea as a reception to the subject.  So hey authors what have you done in this respect to lighten the tension about the subject ?  

My own response has been mostly indifference from friends and I have a neighbor who is supportive but not swayed.  Some have said there is no way they would allow one of their children to go out looking for something such as Sasquatch (particularly after listening to some of my experiences).  Some people are afraid of them and not just disbelieving. They historically probably have more than enough reason to be fearful of them.  Incidentally it seems the 101 book may be written by the guy Monongahela who went anonymous by that name and did considerable sound research with the Sonic Visualiser platform and still does  I believe he has done alot of BFRO work and work on long-term recording set-ups.  He was on Facebook the last I was active on that platform. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Thanks 1

My apologies to as well, bipedalist. Your own personal encounter backs up my fervor for exposing the truth as well as those who would hide it. Something tells me I have rough and risky road ahead which I have to say worries me a bit. There are scientific techniques out there that can be used in the quest. Those techniques are not at my fingertips but they are at someone's. My aim is to try and connect to those people. My apologies to the BFF as well for being so combative over the last couple of years. It just seems the closer I get to the truth the more evident it becomes. Often times I wish I could just let the whole thing go.

I saw it written recently that science is designed to protect itself from scientists. Namely those who would twist it to their own personal agendas. If that's the case then it becomes glaring when science won't lift a finger WRT Sasquatch. The difference is I don't think it's from an agenda beyond preserving their careers. The driving force is fear. Scientists may know better than anyone else why the subject of Bigfoot can't be researched. I try not to think about it.

• Upvote 1