Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

3 hours ago, bipedalist said:

Incidentally it seems the 101 book may be written by the guy Monongahela

Monongahela's stuff is epic. He does good work! This is the first time I'm hearing of this book! I want it!

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

The driving force is fear. Scientists may know better than anyone else why the subject of Bigfoot can't be researched. I try not to think about it.

Oh, now THAT is an intriguing thought. I agree.

Edited by Madison5716

7 hours ago, hiflier said:

My apologies to the BFF as well for being so combative over the last couple of years. It just seems the closer I get to the truth the more evident it becomes.

Hiflier

It's called frustration. You cannot get around it. I am very sorry to hear about your dog. They are a family member who understand you , who are always there for you.  When I lost my dog Jacob it hit me hard since he was my team mate out in the field. We understood each other with out speaking. He was a part of our family and his lost is greatly missed.

7 hours ago, hiflier said:

The driving force is fear. Scientists may know better than anyone else why the subject of Bigfoot can't be researched. I try not to think about it.

What do you mean by this ? Fear should not play a factor for them unless they already have the answers.  

16 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

What do you mean by this ? Fear should not play a factor for them unless they already have the answers.

The world of science and it's scientists is enormous. The breakdown for the number of biologists and/or zoologists is a figure unknown to me. And then there are anthropologists on top of that with overlaps into other fields such as paleontology. Add to that all the genetic scientists and lab personnel. It would be ignorant of me to think that Sasquatch as a subject is completely unknown to everyone of them no matter how old, or young scientists may be.

Also, rumors get around the scientific community just like any other community of people. The substances within policies, mandates, and memorandums that we don't even know about probably get around as well. So with all of that, is Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum the ONLY one? It would make no sense to think such a thing. And yet we discuss how science, IN ITS ENTIRETY, avoids the subject of Sasquatch. I have seen it first hand in my outreach with my own attempts to correspond with academia along with F&W. After a while one sees a pattern that seems anything but normal. Communication simply stops. And I mean not even an email that says, "I'm sorry but there is no such creature. Thank you for your inquiry." Or "I understand you interest. Maybe I could ask around and see if anyone has looked into it."

Of course, I never expected such answers as above. But I also didn't expect to have anyone that I contacted just disappear and leave me with a wall of complete silence either. Something that was too obviously consistent for me to simply dismiss. I stopped emailing because something wasn't right and seemed really off and out of balance. The pattern was the same no matter who it was. I got the impression it was more than people not being interested. The one-by-one same kind of shutdown occurred everywhere I went. No one will touch the subject even to humor or help diffuse someone's inquiry. The dialogue just abruptly quits. I have never had anyone send me a follow up.

So I think there is real fear in the scientific community. It's hard to believe no one beyond our normally known go-to PhD's will look at this Sasquatch thing. Or even say it's a waste of their time. Odd. 

28 minutes ago, hiflier said:

........So I think there is real fear in the scientific community........

I think the fear is first based within government, and then government and the media causes fear within the scoentific community.

6 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Monongahela's stuff is epic. He does good work! This is the first time I'm hearing of this book! I want it!

The book is available in Kindle format on Amazon for $3.99 or free to read if you subscribe to Kindle Unlimited. Paperback version is $12.99. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/SQUATCHIN-101-Start-Bigfoot-Research-ebook/dp/B07NSNJLNC/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=bigfoot+101&qid=1576455214&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

23 hours ago, Huntster said:

I don't know if I've even done that despite camping in tents and RVs all over Alaska, western Canada, and the western U.S. I don't know which places are squatchy and which ones are not.

Why do you not know which places are squatchy and ones not?  Squatchy places can change I assume since bigfoot clans can move out of the area and resettle 20 miles away taking the squatch interactions with them. The Oregon Fish and Wildlife service estimates 25,000 Black Bears in Oregon and my guess is the Sasquatch numbers are less. I've lived in Oregon for 72 years and have seen about 4 bears and 1 bigfoot. 

When RV camping all usually have a great time out in nature. Camping as a family with a RV is one of the great benefits the search for bigfoots brings. As I said before,  some families including mine are not bigfoot aware. Should I try to bring them to realize there are huge hairy beings in the forest that hide and watch us? If a person understands this, are they more likely to survive a close encounter with sasquatch? 

Edited by georgerm

3 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Why do you not know which places are squachy and ones not?.........

I have plenty of theories, but those aren't worth squat. In a long lifetime of more outdoor activities than most people, I have found footprints once and only once. No sighting, no howls, and only one time hearing wood knocking which I thought at the time was a bull moose whacking his antlers on a tree (although I'd never heard a bull do that before or since), and I read about that location a few years later as being the haunts of sasquatches according to a local Alaska native village.

The only places I can say are "squatchy" are based upon report densities.

36 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I have plenty of theories, but those aren't worth squat. In a long lifetime of more outdoor activities than most people, I have found footprints once and only once. No sighting, no howls, and only one time hearing wood knocking which I thought at the time was a bull moose whacking his antlers on a tree (although I'd never heard a bull do that before or since), and I read about that location a few years later as being the haunts of sasquatches according to a local Alaska native village.

The only places I can say are "squatchy" are based upon report densities.

My theory is bigfoots avoid humans like the plague. They know we are dangerous and deadly with our weapons, so they stay hidden and try to keep miles away from us. The Alaska villagers know about where they are so this is a good area to camp in and eventually bigfoot will show,  if you really want to see one. They are smart and know that being seen can bring in more humans looking around the area for them. They live in very dense forest and steep rocky areas where humans don't go. Each year we have a low number of humans that venture into the woods hunting or doing something else, and a very low percentage ever see a bigfoot. They know if someone sees them, others may venture into this area searching for them. They move out and go to a remote area and build other nest and develop new hunting grounds. They hunt at night so humans are not an issue with them. If we can teach our family and friends this, they may understand why bigfoot is really not seen that often and it doesn't mean they are nonexistant. This is my theory and may someday be proven to be a fact by those of BFF. 

Edited by georgerm
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 5:03 PM, georgerm said:

My theory is bigfoots avoid humans like the plague. They know we are dangerous and deadly with our weapons, so they stay hidden and try to keep miles away from us

I cannot get with that theory. I think it's  a regional thing, because everything I've found, except for stuff at the Meadow,  has been within 10 miles of small towns. Maybe it's also a species/variety thing. 

And, yes, I know you're here in Oregon, too. I don't know why you're not seeing sign. There's plenty of reports from all over the state.

I'm telling you all, if you have seasonally drained reservoirs, go explore there! It's the main reason NorthWind and i are having such success.

I have a theory that BF were destroyed just like the Native Americans by the genocidal Europeans who took over the continent. Maybe it's cultural memory plus genetic traits to avoid us. And i think, based on all the juvie prints that we find, that they are on the rebound. Possibly our habitats are colliding as humans expand around my area. After all, in the PNW, it's been around 150 years only that we've been here in numbers.

Edited by Madison5716

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

I cannot get with that theory.

Agreed.   

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

And, yes, I know you're here in Oregon, too. I don't know why you're not seeing sign.

That, too.

You know what?   A lot of people pass by bigfoot sign every day without seeing it for what it is.    It doesn't come circled in red like the pix.   You have to know what to look for, have to know what is subtly out of place, and that "difference" has to register on your consciousness that it is indeed somehow "off" before you will stop, truly examine, and remember that you saw it.

MIB 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

It doesn't come circled in red like the pix.

But if I don't see a red circle out in the wild I just move on. Looks like I've been going about this all wrong ;) 

• Haha 1

On 12/17/2019 at 7:24 AM, Madison5716 said:

I cannot get with that theory. I think it's  a regional thing, because everything I've found, except for stuff at the Meadow,  has been within 10 miles of small towns. Maybe it's also a species/variety thing. 

22 hours ago, MIB said:

Agreed.   

That, too.

You know what?   A lot of people pass by bigfoot sign every day without seeing it for what it is.    It doesn't come circled in red like the pix.   You have to know what to look for, have to know what is subtly out of place, and that "difference" has to register on your consciousness that it is indeed somehow "off" before you will stop, truly examine, and remember that you saw it.

MIB 

I had major surgery last month and I haven't been getting out.

And, yes, I know you're here in Oregon, too. I don't know why you're not seeing sign. There's plenty of reports from all over the state.

I'm telling you all, if you have seasonally drained reservoirs, go explore there! It's the main reason NorthWind and i are having such success.

I have a theory that BF were destroyed just like the Native Americans by the genocidal Europeans who took over the continent. Maybe it's cultural memory plus genetic traits to avoid us. And i think, based on all the juvie prints that we find, that they are on the rebound. Possibly our habitats are colliding as humans expand around my area. After all, in the PNW, it's been around 150 years only that we've been here in numbers.

We run across possible BF sign on many occasions. Near South Slough Estuary, a lady was followed on the trail for fifteen minutes and had no idea that bigfoot follows people off to the side of trails where they make lot of noise. The noise scares people out of the woods. This happened to my wife years earlier but she can't imagine it was bigfoot that followed for twenty minutes. In this same area, there are usually wood knocks when I hike into the woods. I don't get too excited unless there are foot prints too. Many times the ground is too hard for prints.

On Quosantana creek road along the Rogue river,  there were rough cobble rocks stacked three high. Same thing was seen along the Applegate River near Flumet Flat Campground. Again the work of bigfoot or a human? The dense forest area I want to return to near Coquille, something whistled about 5 times at two minute intervals one pitch black evening.  Prior weeks I put apples in this area. My wife said it was kids but it was pitch black, and there were no homes near by. She won't budge an inch and admit there may be bigfoots around. It is more fun when you have family and friends to hike and camp with while looking for bigfoot sign.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, georgerm said:

On Quosantana creek road along the Rogue river,  there were rough cobble rocks stacked three high. Same thing was seen along the Applegate River near Flumet Flat Campground. Again the work of bigfoot or a human?

Cant say about those specific instances but it is definitely common human behavior.   You will see this many places where people hang out by rivers / streams.   I've watched the rafters along the Rogue and tubers along the Applegate do this when their groups stop for lunch.     To me, it seems a form of graffiti, a message "you were NOT here first", a kind of gloating disrespect for subsequent users / visitors, so I kick them over whenever I find them. 

Where were they on Quosantana Creek?  Between the river and the "highway", or on upstream above the bridge?

Flumet Flat is one of the places I go to fly fish for steelhead.

MIB

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, MIB said:

Cant say about those specific instances but it is definitely common human behavior.   You will see this many places where people hang out by rivers / streams.   I've watched the rafters along the Rogue and tubers along the Applegate do this when their groups stop for lunch.     To me, it seems a form of graffiti, a message "you were NOT here first", a kind of gloating disrespect for subsequent users / visitors, so I kick them over whenever I find them.........

I tried to plus this, but I'm already out of brownies for the day, and it's only 7:30 am!