Can't discuss bigfoot with friends, and family.

georgerm

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

There were more reports from Maryland than from Ohio and Maryland had 2/3 as many reports are Oregon. Huh???

John Green had access to reports from gung-ho investigators in Maryland. Mark Opsasnik (Bigfoot Digest) and Bob Chance.

• Upvote 1

"Marc DeWerth, the Ohio curator for BFRO and founder of the Ohio Bigfoot Conference, had heard of Sasquatch since he was a child. His grandfather told him they were real, and he believed. DeWerth began looking for Bigfoot and in 1998, in the Salt Fork region of Ohio, he saw something."     

http://2019.soulofathens.com/sasquatch/

A family member encourages a kid to become a bigfooter.

DeWerth had the same thing happen that others have said. He got separated from a group and saw a BF and his video camera "somehow" failed.......twice. There is a story behind that story that involves another conference organizer but I won't go into it. All I will say is that Marc Dewerth is NOT the founder of the Ohio Bigfoot Conference. He took it over in 2012 from someone else who had founded and organized it for 20 years prior. 

Edited by hiflier

Dr. Mayor says, "Through the years, my family and friends became accustomed to finding enormous bizarre footprints usually in open areas, odd animal odors, and patches of strange thick fur caught in branches through our extensive hikes." 

She is a primate expert and has been influenced by her family and friends that sparked her career. Has your bigfoot research been encouraged or stifled by family and friends? 

On expedition in Madagascar, Mayor co-discovered a rare new species of mouse lemur, believed to be the world’s smallest primate. Her discovery inspired the prime minister of Madagascar to establish a national park to help protect the new species, conserving the 10 percent that remains of the African island nation’s once vast forest. 

https://mireyamayor.com/#biography

I never speak about my belief in Sasquatch or my encounter that I experienced back in 1994 with others. The few times that I did try to talk about it in the past I was met with ridicule and disbelief. When I told my father, he laughed and asked me "what were you smoking?" I didn't even make a BFRO report for 10 years....

On 1/14/2020 at 7:41 AM, DuneBeast said:

I never speak about my belief in Sasquatch or my encounter that I experienced back in 1994 with others. The few times that I did try to talk about it in the past I was met with ridicule and disbelief. When I told my father, he laughed and asked me "what were you smoking?" I didn't even make a BFRO report for 10 years....

That’s harsh. Sorry. :(

• Thanks 1

My immediate family are believers. My husband isn’t, but he only laughs affectionately at my interest. He doesn’t ridicule. I’ve had many bizarre interests throughout our marriage, so this is just another in a long line from his perspective. He used to live in Washington and spent a lot of time alone in the Olympic mountains. He’s had many experiences of that creepy watched feeling. 

• Like 1

Let's face it, we have an interest in Sasquatch that others may be inclined to scoff at.  For those who think what we do is silly, I ask...Do we laugh at you, or make fun of you, when:

1) You think the outcome of the Superbowl, World Series, or NBA championship will affect your life's enjoyment for the next year?

2) Your idea of fun is cooking a piece of meat for 14 hours when inhaling the smoke and eating the grease has to be harmful for you?

3) You think surfing or wading in the ocean is fun when Luca Brasi learned a long time ago that swimming with the fishes can be dangerous to your health?

What we do involves challenging our mind and/or our body.  Searching through details to find the nugget of gold (I happily nominate Redbone for this year's Sherlock Holmes Award) or being alone for days on end waiting for an encounter. We should be proud of what we do because it isn't easy and the road to happiness is paved with stories of being knocked down time and time again. To that end, I say...we get back up time and time again!

Edited by wiiawiwb

On 1/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, Redbone said:

John Green carried the torch before 1995. Once the BFRO database was started, they began including MANY of the same incidents as John Green already noted, but until 2000 JG also started including BFRO reports. At present, there are 358 SSR entries that are in BOTH the John Green and BFRO database. There is an additional 20 SSR entries that are also shared with NAWAC. Only 1/4 of John Green's incidents are into the SSR so far so I expect JG/BFRO number to grow.

There are 5278 BFRO reports in SSR as of today, and 1066 John Green reports.

based on what information? Are you BFRO?

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Lam90 said:

My immediate family are believers. My husband isn’t, but he only laughs affectionately at my interest. He doesn’t ridicule. I’ve had many bizarre interests throughout our marriage, so this is just another in a long line from his perspective. He used to live in Washington and spent a lot of time alone in the Olympic mountains. He’s had many experiences of that creepy watched feeling. 

If he was in the Olympics he probably was watched by Sasquatch.  Spice of life is a series of bizarre interests codified, digested and dispensed of in favor of new subject matter.  The key is to not get too ADD in the process.  I believe it is Sasquatches bizarre interests that give researchers fodder such as elaborate stick formations to peruse.  If you research, and know what to look for they are good as gold, and I am not talking about large deadfalls.

24 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

based on what information? Are you BFRO?

Not sure what you asking about. I'm referring to the John Green database which was active until 2000, the BFRO database, and the Bigfoot Forums SSR Database, which is classifies other databases to make them searchable. I'm suggesting that the BFRO populated their database with older reports from John Green and others. But John Green did the same, adding BFRO reports to his database. It went both ways. In the SSR, there are 363 entries that are in Both the John Green and BFRO databases. (note that that number is up a few since 01/04 when I made the post that you quoted)

I am a BFRO "member" but not an investigator. I don't have access to their non-public data.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Redbone said:

Not sure what you asking about. I'm referring to the John Green database which was active until 2000, the BFRO database, and the Bigfoot Forums SSR Database, which is classifies other databases to make them searchable. I'm suggesting that the BFRO populated their database with older reports from John Green and others. But John Green did the same, adding BFRO reports to his database. It went both ways. In the SSR, there are 363 entries that are in Both the John Green and BFRO databases. (note that that number is up a few since 01/04 when I made the post that you quoted)

I am a BFRO "member" but not an investigator. I don't have access to their non-public data.

Gotcha, thanks

On 1/5/2020 at 6:42 PM, hiflier said:

DeWerth had the same thing happen that others have said. He got separated from a group and saw a BF and his video camera "somehow" failed.......twice. There is a story behind that story that involves another conference organizer but I won't go into it. All I will say is that Marc Dewerth is NOT the founder of the Ohio Bigfoot Conference. He took it over in 2012 from someone else who had founded and organized it for 20 years prior. 

I've had two fail as one of "them" fled, both were fried somehow. This is a thing

3 hours ago, bipedalist said:

If he was in the Olympics he probably was watched by Sasquatch.  Spice of life is a series of bizarre interests codified, digested and dispensed of in favor of new subject matter.  The key is to not get too ADD in the process.  I believe it is Sasquatches bizarre interests that give researchers fodder such as elaborate stick formations to peruse.  If you research, and know what to look for they are good as gold, and I am not talking about large deadfalls.

We’ve discussed it several times and have always concluded it was either a cougar or bear, however, I’ve only recently gotten back into BF stuff so I’ve definitely added BF to the small list of possible watchers. 

4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

Gotcha, thanks

I've had two fail as one of "them" fled, both were fried somehow. This is a thing

Had mine fail