Bigfoot Reality Site

NatFoot

I guess that I need to go through that site a little more closely.

What are those facial representations based on?  Average descriptions of reports from a particular area?

Why did they choose the name Jersey Devil?  There are different descriptions of the Jersey Devil in accounts over the years...but, I have never heard of that term being interchangeable with Bigfoot.

Neat site, though.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

12 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I guess that I need to go through that site a little more closely.

What are those facial representations based on?  Average descriptions of reports from a particular area?

Why did they choose the name Jersey Devil?  There are different descriptions of the Jersey Devil in accounts over the years...but, I have never heard of that term being interchangeable with Bigfoot.

Neat site, though.

I think those on the main page are digital renderings based off of other drawings and depictions. 

They also have a completely different sections where they are all hand drawn and based on specific eye witness accounts, working with the witness. Some are considered WIP and others Complete.

Thanks for sharing NatFoot. Looking at the biome map, it seems to me there should be an area in the Southeast US for Wood Booger or Booger, which seems to be a very common name going back at least several generations and possibly the progenitor of the "Boogey Man". It would also aid pinpointing locale overlap if national and state/commonwealth/province borders were added.

I see this as another step in mainstreaming the subject; the app may appeal particularly to Millennials (a possibly dubious distinction, no insult to present company intended). It will be interesting to follow the site's progress.

I would agree with your points. I grew up hearing about the Wooly Boogers (or at least, I remember hearing of them).

That was WV.

Edited to add: I have no affiliation with the site and just noticed it may seem to be linked with the BFRO.

Edited by NatFoot
Added commentary.

16 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I would agree with your points. I grew up hearing about the Wooly Boogers (or at least, I remember hearing of them).

That was WV.

Edited to add: I have no affiliation with the site and just noticed it may seem to be linked with the BFRO.

Wooly Booger is still in use in Western North Carolina up through Virginia.  It is definitely an Appalachian term...right there along with 'haint'.  

I have heard that on several occasions, but I can honestly say that I have never heard someone in this area use the term 'booger' in real life.  It's always been wooly booger from the people who live in the mountains and rural areas, although I have heard them referred to as monkeys and devils before as well.  The only time I hear booger used is online or the Bigfoot Outlaws podcast. 

• 3 weeks later...

It’s pretty neat but half of them look too human in the face

also

The rugaru is a werewolf like entity 

wendingo is something else 

ive never heard of reports of the jersey devil being BiGFo0T like 

although most cryptids are misidentified Sasquatch anyway

Edited by RedHawk454

I wish the facial sketches were dated by when the sighting occurred.  I noticed some of the first ones look very much like apes, whereas the last ones look a little more like recent Halloween masks and movie depictions.  In spite of that, the similarities in all of them are remarkable.  That's what made me first think Sasquatch might be a real creature. 

It's funny, I just ran across the paintedcave link in my bookmarks a couple days ago.

I think the whole biome thing is science fiction.  Kind of like the ghost hunting apps you can download to your phone.