The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

If this has been discussed before, Moderators please feel free to merge or delete it, but I've lately been watching this series of Sasquatch commentaries,  a tangent subject for this gentleman who makes his living as a hunting guide in British Columbia.  Apparently, to hear him tell it, he's stepped on some toes with his blunt approach to this subject. You be the judge if his campaign makes sense, especially to our resident "Knowers".  He drops an occasional  "F" here, so please be advised, but nothing gratuitous, only for emphasis.  Hope this passes muster with our Forum Minders...who we all love and appreciate. :D 

Quite honestly, I love his channel.

Not only has he stepped on the toes of those who think that the Bigfoot community is their own personal fiefdom, he has been willing to weather a great deal of abuse from the hunting community as well.  This has to have hurt his credibility in the hunting world, but he seems to be the sort of guy who doesn't shy away from conflict.  

It's kind of early to tell, but if he sticks to his stated purpose of trying to give a voice to those who have kind of felt put off by prominent figures in Bigfoot research...he is ok by me.

One of the things that bother me about this field is the self aggrandizement that takes over.  The focus becomes on those who take part in the subject, as opposed to the subject itself.  

The weird little Bigfoot cults of personality that crop up weird me out.  If he is going to start slaughtering some sacred cows... I'm all for it.  

We have been debating the finer points of Bigfoot trivia ad nauseum for decades.  If arguing over what color shirt John Green wore on case #43758 was going to solve this mystery, it would have happened years ago.  Let's flip the table over and reset the game board.  

I think that Steve is going to do that to a small degree.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I do agree BlackRock. What the so-called BF community has lost in the years since the PGF was made is the confidence to say, and to keep saying, "This is This (Stanley)" .  I'd like to have Steve's quote on a coffee mug: Tracks are Facts. 

Our stake in our own personal credibility is an insidious thing.  It has kept many people from speaking their minds to family, friends and co-workers. I agree with him when he says that stigma is loosening and giving way, but I've been anticipating way too long that society will have the same collective tipping point that I experienced personally 20 years ago. Sometimes it takes somebody to just jump on the table and scream until they are heard..THIS IS THIS!!!! 

I'm not sure what to think of this guy. He's sure long winded. He's like a super talkative Clayton Mack, but with the Canadian accent instead of the Native American accent. Maybe I'm ADD, but I can't sit and watch somebody talk very long anymore. 

I love his actual hunting videos, though. 

Just now, Huntster said:

I'm not sure what to think of this guy. He's sure long winded. He's like a super talkative Clayton Mack, but with the Canadian accent instead of the Native American accent. Maybe I'm ADD, but I can't sit and watch somebody talk very long anymore. 

I love his actual hunting videos, though. 

He is brevity personified compared to a lot of other channels and podcasts.

We may need to up your Ritalin dosage, Hunster.  :lol:

• Haha 1

Tend to agree, I love the pace of his delivery and how straight-forward  he is in making his case. Given his chosen occupation, you know he is a patient man. What I see in these videos is a patient man who has had enough and who has now run out of all patience.  We've heard a plenty from the faction of the research community (and  I am here to admit I've participated in lots of that too) that loves to debate the minutiae of the field.  If you want more of that, he is definitely not your guy. OTOH, if you proceed from the standpoint the Sasquatch was discovered and confirmed a long, long time ago, and want to move on to the question of "Well, what is it then?", he is your guy.  

All good points, folks. As far as patience goes I'm with him. I've been reaching breaking points more often lately than is probably wise but I want this enigma seriously solved and soon. Coming up with ways and means is what I'm all about right from the get go. But it will take a community working in the same direction to even get close. Truth be known, I've never understood why it hasn't been solidly soved already.

Edited by hiflier

I am kind of on the fence. He has a lot of charisma and is a great storyteller for sure. I've enjoyed what I've watched. But I would like to see evidence rather than just staring at his face for twenty minutes. Get out there, Steve. Start looking. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing that i think isn't spoken of enough about bigfootery is the creep factor. I haven't seen one yet, and im cautiously anticipating it, but if he's relating real stories, the original experiencers must feel huge amounts of validation and relief at knowing they are not alone and not crazy. I give him serious kudos for that. I like his no BS style, too.

This guy is so much not the guy you'll want to watch if you hanker for more and better evidence. He's done with that. For this, I give him a lot of credit. He's moved on from that. He's seen them. He has had people he knows see them. He's heard accounts from people he  has no reason to doubt about seeing them. He's seen the tracks. He's seen the PGF. He's good.  Done. In that sense, he speaks for a whole lot of people. 

What he is asking is why has there been no governmental acknowledgment of all of this?  If we had that, he says, we'd be much further along in figuring out what this is, aside from the obvious thing, you know, large hairy bipeds that live in the woods of NA. I don't see that as being much of a topic for debate, really. 

21 minutes ago, NorthWind said:

I am kind of on the fence. He has a lot of charisma and is a great storyteller for sure. I've enjoyed what I've watched. But I would like to see evidence rather than just staring at his face for twenty minutes. Get out there, Steve. Start looking. 

This.

He pokes alot of fun at people with no evidence..... speaking of evidence?

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

.........We may need to up your Ritalin dosage, Hunster.  :lol:

More Fireball might work.........

8 minutes ago, WSA said:

......What he is asking is why has there been no governmental acknowledgment of all of this?.........

Can you link the particular video where he discusses this? I'd certainly watch that one from start to finish.

Not sure where he covers that Hunster, and it might be more than once. His message was, "Why aren't we being told about what, very obviously, is going on". There aren't too many of these videos from him and I would really recommend you view as many as you can. After I did I came away just thinking, "Well that pretty much sums up where we are, yup".

Norseman...I'd be interested to see where he stands on the kill/no kill debate. As much bush time as this guy spends while gunned it is not an irrelevant point.

22 minutes ago, norseman said:

This.

He pokes alot of fun at people with no evidence..... speaking of evidence?

Yeah.  Like I said it's kind of early to tell, but I like where I THINK that he is heading.  As he evolves we'll find out.

He is alluding to upcoming stuff, we'll see if there is substance or just smoke and mirrors.

Of course, knowing my luck...I like his channel, so he will probably end up being Tom Biscardi 2.0..:lol:

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot

12 minutes ago, WSA said:

Not sure where he covers that Hunster, and it might be more than once. His message was, "Why aren't we being told about what, very obviously, is going on". There aren't too many of these videos from him and I would really recommend you view as many as you can. After I did I came away just thinking, "Well that pretty much sums up where we are, yup".

Norseman...I'd be interested to see where he stands on the kill/no kill debate. As much bush time as this guy spends while gunned it is not an irrelevant point.

He could be near perfect. He is in arguably the best real estate and armed to boot.

Dont get me wrong, I wanna like the guy.

But just talking about Bigfoot with the Cascades as a back drop? Meh.

• Upvote 1