The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

1 hour ago, BobbyO said:

I recently listened to a recording of the December Radio show with him in it (3 hours worth) and am pretty sure he said he thinks they're human female mixed with unidentified something, or words to that effect anyway.

In other words, Ketchum.

MIB

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BobbyO said:

I recently listened to a recording of the December Radio show with him in it (3 hours worth) and am pretty sure he said he thinks they're human female mixed with unidentified something, or words to that effect anyway.

I do drift off on many radio shows, especially Sasquatch ones and especially when they're 3 hours long, but that's what he said.

There's more questions than answers where that's concerned though of course.

That is right in line with the Sasquatch Genome Project, which both Carpenter and Paulides were a part of...

• Like 1

Didn't Zana's decendants' DNA show that she was 100% African Human, or only a type of sub-Human hominid? The impression I got was that she was 100% West African Human. Was a test for the nuDNA paternal line ever done? Maybe that doesn't work for descendants of a Zana mother and a Human father.

Edited by hiflier

23 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Didn't Zana's decendants' DNA show that she was 100% African Human, or only a type of sub-Human hominid? The impression I got was that she was 100% West African Human. Was a test for the nuDNA paternal line ever done? Maybe that doesn't work for descendants of a Zana mother and a Human father.

Correct.    Her mtDNA shows she is 100% normal human, but from a group that left Africa earlier than the current paradigm says occurred.   However, that paradigm is shifting very rapidly.    I think a lot of sacred cows are being torpedoed right now.    Seems the best way to be wrong is to be sure of anything. 

I don't know about workup of her nuDNA.   If it happened, most likely it would have been done by/for Sykes.   I think he was going to write a book specifically on her DNA / findings.   Maybe he did, maybe I have it, beats me, the pile of to-read stuff is getting pretty overwhelming.

MIB

2 minutes ago, MIB said:

Correct.    Her mtDNA shows she is 100% normal human, but from a group that left Africa earlier than the current paradigm says occurred.   However, that paradigm is shifting very rapidly.    I think a lot of sacred cows are being torpedoed right now.    Seems the best way to be wrong is to be sure of anything. 

I don't know about workup of her nuDNA.   If it happened, most likely it would have been done by/for Sykes.   I think he was going to write a book specifically on her DNA / findings.   Maybe he did, maybe I have it, beats me, the pile of to-read stuff is getting pretty overwhelming.

MIB

Lol.  Same here.  Had to put a moratorium on getting new books until the stack I already have ready to read gets worked down a bit.

42 minutes ago, MIB said:

Maybe he did, maybe I have it, beats me, the pile of to-read stuff is getting pretty overwhelming.

:D Same here, but I just ordered his book anyway. It's title is The Nature of the Beast. And then there's Bigfoot, Yeti, and the Last Neanderthal which I may get as an eBook.

Edited by hiflier

@hiflier

Just a heads up for you.  The Nature of the Beast is the British title of Bigfoot, Yeti, and the last Neanderthal.  They are the same book with (iirc) different covers and forwards.  

Thanks. I needed that, LOL. I cancelled the Nature of the Beast order and will just order the eBook with the alternate title. The Nature of the Beast is in hardcover which I prefer because I can most times request signatures if I send the books to their authors. But for this I'll just get the eBook. I appreciate the heads up :) 

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Thanks. I needed that, LOL. I cancelled the Nature of the Beast order and will just order the eBook with the alternate title. The Nature of the Beast is in hardcover which I prefer because I can most times request signatures if I send the books to their authors. But for this I'll just get the eBook. I appreciate the heads up :) 

I almost made the same mistake and purchased both myself.  Figured that I would pass it along....

• 4 weeks later...

I was reading with some interest about Sasquatch's ability to detect trail cameras. One explanation that seems to be missed is the make up of modern plastics. A recent problem that has cropped up is the growing problem of rodents attacking the electrical components of newer cars. The problem appears to be that many plastics and electrical insulation is soy based to help environmental decomposition over time. Do you think it's possible they are smelling soy beans like the rodents?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DeWalt said:

I was reading with some interest about Sasquatch's ability to detect trail cameras. One explanation that seems to be missed is the make up of modern plastics. A recent problem that has cropped up is the growing problem of rodents attacking the electrical components of newer cars. The problem appears to be that many plastics and electrical insulation is soy based to help environmental decomposition over time. Do you think it's possible they are smelling soy beans like the rodents?

Hmmm..

That is certainly possible and not something that I have heard of before.  I have heard about them smelling the batteries in electronics, but not the soy angle.

Now, how do they detect the field of view on cameras?  We have all heard those accounts.  Mark in the Oklahoma thread was pretty certain that these things were marking off the areas that he had covered with his cameras. 

I can't remember if this particular video has already been posted on this forum.  If so, then I apologise in advance.

@Huntster

@Redbone

@7.62

If I recall correctly, Redbone and 7.62 have both mentioned their hunting experience in the past.  Hunster obviously has a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

What are your thoughts on the eye shine in this video?  While it certainly comes across as eerie, I don't see anything that couldn't be explained away by a small herd of deer just at the edge of the IR.

Do any of you see anything in this video that would lead you to think that something out of the ordinary occurred here?  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot