The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

22 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I can't remember if this particular video has already been posted on this forum.  If so, then I apologise in advance.

@Huntster

@Redbone

@7.62

If I recall correctly, Redbone and 7.62 have both mentioned their hunting experience in the past.  Hunster obviously has a wealth of knowledge on the subject.

What are your thoughts on the eye shine in this video?  While it certainly comes across as eerie, I don't see anything that couldn't be explained away by a small herd of deer just at the edge of the IR.

Do any of you see anything in this video that would lead you to think that something out of the ordinary occurred here?  

First off... what video and eye-shine are you referring to? I have not been following this thread, so maybe I'm just oblivious.

Secondly... Hunters (not Hunster, lol) are my people and I purchase a hunting license every year, but any experiences I've relayed here are from squatching, not hunting. I don't actually hunt wild game for the simple reason that I don't want to cook and eat it. I even catch and release when I fish.

So with all that said, as a daytime bigfoot witness and a night time eye shine witness, all of this kind of stuff is ordinary to me. I've also been hit by a 'bullseye' rock (about the size of a dime) in near pitch darkness, but that discussion is in another thread. I'm lucky that as I stomp around in the woods of Iowa and Nebraska, I don't really need to worry about moose, wolves, bears, cougars, and rattlesnakes. Deer, raccoons, owls, and even coyotes don't scare me much.

30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The video that Zimmer embedded in the post above yours?

6 minutes ago, Redbone said:

First off... what video and eye-shine are you referring to? I have not been following this thread, so maybe I'm just oblivious.

Secondly... Hunters (not Hunster, lol) are my people and I purchase a hunting license every year, but any experiences I've relayed here are from squatching, not hunting. I don't actually hunt wild game for the simple reason that I don't want to cook and eat it. I even catch and release when I fish.

So with all that said, as a daytime bigfoot witness and a night time eye shine witness, all of this kind of stuff is ordinary to me. I've also been hit by a 'bullseye' rock (about the size of a dime) in near pitch darkness, but that discussion is in another thread. I'm lucky that as I stomp around in the woods of Iowa and Nebraska, I don't really need to worry about moose, wolves, bears, cougars, and rattlesnakes. Deer, raccoons, owls, and even coyotes don't scare me much.

Sorry.  My phone doesn't have the best connection right now.  My video link was not copied over.  

I have added the video from the howtohunt channel into my post and here as well.

Honestly  it looks like it could be any type of animal giving off eyes shine at first and the more I look at it the less it looks like eye shine .

The middle lights seem to pulsate for a few seconds . I've never seen my trail cams pulsate like that when it caught eye shine of whitetails or yotes .

I have watched the above video several times.  Not much observation time is presented. Where did they come from and where did they disappear to?  Looks like the IR reflectance from insect wings as in moths.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text

21 minutes ago, Catmandoo said:

I have watched the above video several times.  Not much observation time is presented. Where did they come from and where did they disappear to?  Looks like the IR reflectance from insect wings as in moths.

That's a good point 

I've had moths give off some weird reflections on some videos at night.

14 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Really?

Yup. None of the bright things in the video had two eyeballs shining that I could see.

The only wolf I ever shot I got by shooting between a pair of shiny eyeballs. I'd never do that again, BTW.........

Maybe I'm simple, but I see at least one pair of two eyes. I see what I assume to be small heads (due to the eyes) peaking around the trees nervously.

I didn't see that nice hunk of a buck the first time around.

Would love to hear your wolf story at some point too.

30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Yup. None of the bright things in the video had two eyeballs shining that I could see.

The only wolf I ever shot I got by shooting between a pair of shiny eyeballs. I'd never do that again, BTW.........

That was my issue with it.  I didn't see any hint of side by side eye shine.  

Now, we constantly hear of Sasquatch peeking around trees, so I guess that could be a possible explanation.  

But, looking at that video, as strange as it seemed, I didn't get the impression that I was looking at a multitude of Sasquatch.  

I’d agree with something along the lines of moths or other mundane answer.   I’d wager it less than likely to be coons.  I’d suppose it even less to be BF.   

Hey, I am agreeing with Natfoot that they are racoons. I have seen these creatures eye shine on video and have seen how far a part their eyes are and how big they are. Their eye's are gulf ball size eye's and these eye's on this video are way to small.  Besides they are way too close together to be Bigfoot.  Kudo's to you Natfoot for put up that video of those racoons. That is what help me confirm to me at least what they could be. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

I'll play devil's advocate. We're watching cell phone video made off of a computer monitor which might explain flickering. If it is moths, they are repeating virtually identical flight paths. Has anyone seen an example of a group of raccoons hanging on to the backside of a group of trees and peaking at a trail cam, sometimes switching from one side to the other? Not saying it couldn't happen but if it were at all common there should be other videos. If it is indeed a group of small animals then both eyes should be visible at least some of the time, while a larger creature could get one eye around without exposing the other.

Also note that Steve is not claiming anything about the video other than it is not humans, which should be obvious from the comparison photo with him standing back to one of the trees. The light furthest back is over the top of his head and the ground drops away several feet between the tree he is leaning against and the tree the light is appearing from. Finally, I don't believe he cares what anyone's opinion is; the basis of his pushback on this subject assumes existance and that this internicine back and forth is wasted effort. He is aiming at anyone and everyone responsible for keeping the existance of these beings (his word) hidden from general knowledge.

I'm not arguing for abandoning the often fascinating discussions on the BFF, simply suggesting that they are irrelevant in the context of understanding Steve Isdahl's motives and methods in his, for want of a better word, crusade. Personally, I find him to be a breath of fresh air and am very interested in where this leads. 

Edited by Airdale
Correct misspelled word