The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

2 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Okay thanks

I agree man 

His channel is growing everyday

Wow.  I just checked.  105,000 subscribers.  And he releases videos constantly.

That has to be some serious YouTube coin...

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2020 at 2:24 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

You never know who you are going to run into miles away from civilisation... Sasquatch is the least of my worries.

True, that. Like NorthWind said - cougars, bears and tweekers. The Oregon backwoods have some odd and dangerous weirdos.

7 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Wow.  I just checked.  105,000 subscribers.  And he releases videos constantly.

That has to be some serious YouTube coin...

You ain't kidding 

His latest one has been on 22 hours and has over 1,300 comments .

8 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

True, that. Like NorthWind said - cougars, bears and tweekers. The Oregon backwoods have some odd and dangerous weirdos.

And a good dog :thumbsup: he's my warning system and he's never failed me.

I know some folks say leave the dog at home but when I  hike he's with me always .

Edited by 7.62

I suppose it depends on the dog! Mine stays home, for the most part, though he found a sasquatch where we didn't expect, and I don't know if it would have revealed itself if my doggo hadn't smelled him. My old man - he's 12, slowing down,  losing his eyesight and in the past six months he's gone deaf. He's basically a couch potato now. Maybe the next dog will get out more. 

Edited by Madison5716
  • Upvote 1

You're right it does depend on the dog and his health .

My shepherd stuck to me like glue , I spent a long time on training and my job allowed me to have him with me all the time.

He ( my shepherd )trained my Husky . He stays  with me just like my shepherd did. I have never used a leash on him unless it's a vet visit .

lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

You're right it does depend on the dog and his health .

My shepherd stuck to me like glue , I spent a long time on training and my job allowed me to have him with me all the time.

He ( my shepherd )trained my Husky . He stays  with me just like my shepherd did. I have never used a leash on him unless it's a vet visit .

lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg

Wow.

Beautiful dogs...

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

based around the Ketchum study

If you are going to have ketchum, be sure to have mustard with that above mentioned combo.

BFF Patron
On 2/18/2020 at 10:22 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

It might just be that.  I am honestly just basing that off of a gut feeling...and I am the first to admit that I am only familiar with part of the picture.  

My research partner has been in contact with him over social media fairly regularly... Facebook to be exact.  He is fairly active on there from what I understand.

I don't know if you do Facebook or not, but a direct message on there might be the best way to contact him.  I have not interacted with him on there myself, but my partner says that he was fairly responsive.

I finally established contact with Carpenter  via Youtube.   I told him all I know about how to see infrasound on a recording.       Will see if he wants to cooperate.    His recording was on a digital movie camera so depending on its microphones it may or may not have recorded it.   He says there is a crackling on the sound track so that sound hopeful.      The only thing I can hear on my H2 recorder was the contents of my pack buzzing like a cell phone buzzer.     But the graphics trace with Sonic Visualizer shows the infrasound pressure waves if you expand the trace.     It would not take much to make a low tech mechanical device that would convert infrasound into a audible sound we can hear.    Something as simple as a can with a few BB's in it might work like whatever in my pack was vibrating.  

I decided some time ago to share everything I know.  I nearly died two years ago in January of pneumonia.    I spent one night awake because if I fell asleep I would stop breathing.     Would be a shame to lose what I do know.     Too bad some others are not doing the same thing.   Progress in bigfoot research would go a lot faster.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Something as simple as a can with a few BB's in it might work like whatever in my pack was vibrating.  

Fascinating, and a great idea. Is there a way for the layperson to test a setup like this? I don't know a lot about audio, but are ordinary speakers able to generate infrasonic frequencies of an amplitude that would cause the BB's to rattle? Maybe a reed switch as a cheapo detector? What was the amplitude of the infrasound incident you recorded, I wonder? You were fairly close to the source, IIRC.  

37 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I finally established contact with Carpenter  via Youtube.   I told him all I know about how to see infrasound on a recording.       Will see if he wants to cooperate.    His recording was on a digital movie camera so depending on its microphones it may or may not have recorded it.   He says there is a crackling on the sound track so that sound hopeful.      The only thing I can hear on my H2 recorder was the contents of my pack buzzing like a cell phone buzzer.     But the graphics trace with Sonic Visualizer shows the infrasound pressure waves if you expand the trace.     It would not take much to make a low tech mechanical device that would convert infrasound into a audible sound we can hear.    Something as simple as a can with a few BB's in it might work like whatever in my pack was vibrating.  

I decided some time ago to share everything I know.  I nearly died two years ago in January of pneumonia.    I spent one night awake because if I fell asleep I would stop breathing.     Would be a shame to lose what I do know.     Too bad some others are not doing the same thing.   Progress in bigfoot research would go a lot faster.  

Sonic Visualizer is the program that you use to get a visual representation of the sound waves?

Is that a user friendly program?  

I would like to think that I am fairly well rounded in my skill set, but I readily admit that acoustics and sound are a weakness.

BFF Patron

The problem is generation of infrasound.    Most audio gear like amplifiers  and speakers will not work down in that frequency range.   Some very large speakers like 15 inch ones, can likely do it, but no amplifiers will drive down to frequencies that low.    If you look at how it was generated for the military and university studies it was done mostly with mechanical methods and huge room size speakers.    One used a small moving truck like a Uhaul as an air chamber and ran a sort fan like thing at a discharge opening.       A loose object suspended against a tight membrane with springs would work to detect it.    A tambourine with a weight held barely against it with springs would work.       I have a theory if you can figure out how to generate it in the field,   bigfoot would sense it,   probably in its chest,  and come take a look.      I have thought about taking a large diameter PVC pipe,   4 inches or so, figure out an optimum length for resonance,  and with a variable speed electric motor,  move a piston back and forth in the pipe at infrasound frequency.    That should create the pressure waves similar to what I detected when I was zapped.      I have a detector that I bought that was about $400.   But it is not exactly portable in that it was designed to detect earthquakes.    

When I got the software to look at infrasound on a recording,     on the same recording where I was zapped,   about 5 minutes after I was zapped,   with multiple pressure waves at infrasound frequency,    I noticed a single pressure wave.      That got me wondering if bigfoot uses pressure waves as some some of long distance signal like they do tree knocking.     Send out single pings like a submarine sonar.      

1 minute ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Sonic Visualizer is the program that you use to get a visual representation of the sound waves?

Is that a user friendly program?  

I would like to think that I am fairly well rounded in my skill set, but I readily admit that acoustics and sound are a weakness.

The software is fairly complicated when you get to messing with the capabilities to expand the x and y traces.     But it is learnable    Sonic Visualizer is used by the Olympic Project.    I think it is shareware and downloadable from the developer.     I think it is less that $50.      If you record in the field and want to avoid having to listen to hours of recordings,   the visual trace lets you zero in on interesting things without having to listen in real time.   You can quickly discern spoken words, and bird calls from the graphics trace of the sound.  I use it to make field notes.    Just talk to myself in the field.      Then again,   be ready for hearing  things that you might not have heard with your ears.  

In THEORY (mine!!) there is a way to detect infrasound with normal equipment indirectly.    Most mics / recorders won't record it directly.   However, waves are additive.   In theory if you can generate a fairly high pitched tone of constant pitch and volume, if infrasound is added, instead of appearing as a straight line on a graph, that should-be-constant tone should instead rise and fall in a long wave pattern .. a sort of warble in what is supposed to be a constant tone.   This should be visible on Audacity or Sonic Visualizer running in spectrograph mode.   

Should.  In theory.

MIB

AVS Forum https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/3109276-looking-infrasonic-amplifier.html addresses infrasound amps and related gear, recommends the unit linked here as an amp: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crown-DC-300a-Series-Two-Power-Amplifier/254518476286?hash=item3b427bbdfe:g:C-8AAOSwKFNeR2Cc

Infrasound frequency generator available here as either plans or complete unit: https://www.amazing1.com/vlf-elf.html

Wondering what the frequency is that is generated by the fluctuating pressure that happens when you drive a car at high speed with one window cracked open? Not sure, but it is unbearable to most people when you hit the “sweet” spot. Not just your eardrum oscillating but a true, deep in the gut fluttery feeling that must mimic infrasound at least.