The "How To Hunt" Channel and Sasquatch Commentary

WSA

2 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

where did you see or hear that?

he has said it many times in interviews and such.   also his missing 411 book that deals with cases that happen in the city cannot be explained by bigfoot. 

31 minutes ago, trapper said:

he has said it many times in interviews and such.   also his missing 411 book that deals with cases that happen in the city cannot be explained by bigfoot. 

He hasn't said anything at all on possible reasons or non-possible reasons regarding Bigfoot involvement in missing persons cases.  If you come across a particular interview or statement that contradicts that, please post it.  I don't think you will find any but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Not every missing persons case has the same circumstances so geography is not the issue.  If there is something in particular to the NYC case you mention, I'm not getting the connection.  

2 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

He hasn't said anything at all on possible reasons or non-possible reasons regarding Bigfoot involvement in missing persons cases.  If you come across a particular interview or statement that contradicts that, please post it.  I don't think you will find any but I am happy to be proven wrong.

Not every missing persons case has the same circumstances so geography is not the issue.  If there is something in particular to the NYC case you mention, I'm not getting the connection.  

he has absolutely stated that bigfoot cannot be responsible for all of the phenomenon.  he has also written a book about cases that only happen in cities which rules out bigfoot for the whole book and all of the instances in it.

“Missing 411: A Sobering Coincidence” covers disappearances in urban environments, which pretty much removes the possibility of their cause in a Bigfoot-as-an-animal predation.

20 minutes ago, trapper said:

“Missing 411: A Sobering Coincidence” covers disappearances in urban environments, which pretty much removes the possibility of their cause in a Bigfoot-as-an-animal predation.

again, so what? The question is not about urban environments, That's not the focus of Paulides' research and not every missing persons case is in the woods or concerns BF. 

4 hours ago, Arvedis said:

where did you see or hear that?

He's mentioned it at least twice during interviews with George Knapp and at least twice during his presentations.

During one of the Knapp interviews he goes down a list of possible culprits that people often email him about when they think that they have figured it out.  Bigfoot, Dogman, serial killers, etc.  He gives a brief explanation after each one as to why he doesn't believe that it is the cause of the disappearances.  

The Dennis Martin case is the one that people often point to as being caused by Bigfoot. Paulides has even mentioned a few times that there were 'wild men' rumored to be living in the Great Smokey Mountains that were responsible for disappearances.  He made it a point to say that these were humans who lived there who lived off the land and we're basically outside of civilisation on purpose.

As far as the specific interview, he has done so many on C2CAM and those are generally not on YouTube due to copyright restrictions.  But, I can confirm that I have heard him discuss it.

8 hours ago, Arvedis said:

again, so what? The question is not about urban environments, That's not the focus of Paulides' research and not every missing persons case is in the woods or concerns BF. 

he has specifically stated that bigfoot cannot be responsible for all of these disappearances.   He did a whole book that is completely dedicated to the exact same parameters in clusters that takes place in cities.    he has stated specifically that bigfoot is not the answer to the puzzle multiple times in interviews.  

city environments are a part of his research as he has expanded it to include them because the same thing happens in big cities.  this rules out bigfoot.

Edited by trapper

5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

He's mentioned it at least twice during interviews with George Knapp and at least twice during his presentations.

During one of the Knapp interviews he goes down a list of possible culprits that people often email him about when they think that they have figured it out.  Bigfoot, Dogman, serial killers, etc.  He gives a brief explanation after each one as to why he doesn't believe that it is the cause of the disappearances.

That is something specific that can be looked up so I will. I have doubt Paulides used language that would say, "I don't think Bigfoot is involved..." I think everything he says is intentionally vague do he can avoid answering such questions. If he has changed his game, that is big news for his small time operation.

3 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

That is something specific that can be looked up so I will. I have doubt Paulides used language that would say, "I don't think Bigfoot is involved..." I think everything he says is intentionally vague do he can avoid answering such questions. If he has changed his game, that is big news for his small time operation.

Look if you can find one of the middle interviews with Knapp.  Not the first and not the most recent.

Paulides was discussing how people who had not read the books continually email him saying that they knew what was causing the disappearances.  He listed off the most common culprits that people usually come up with.  

If memory serves, it was Bigfoot, Dogman, serial killers, illegal pot farmers, animal attacks, and I seem to remember Lizardman being mentioned in a casual joking manner along with dogman.  He gave a brief synopsis on each one as to why he doesn't believe that to be the main culprit.

I don't think that he plays up his Bigfoot connections because he doesn't believe that it is the main cause of disappearances, in addition to the fact that he has received far more mainstream attention and acceptance for his Missing 411 work than he ever did for his work in Bigfoot research.  When he gives the backstory on how he became involved with the Missing 411 cases he always says that he was in a national park doing research on an peripheral subject...and he usually doesn't mention Bigfoot unless directly asked.  

Bigfoot sightings and research are often the objects of scorn and derision with much of the public.  Missing 411 seems to appeal to many people who are not interested in cryptozoology.  If you ever attend one of his presentations, you will find a large percentage of people who are not interested in Bigfoot and are unaware of his involvement in the field.  I know that it is still on his website, but many people are still unaware.

30 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Look if you can find one of the middle interviews with Knapp.  Not the first and not the most recent.

Paulides was discussing how people who had not read the books continually email him saying that they knew what was causing the disappearances.  He listed off the most common culprits that people usually come up with.  

If memory serves, it was Bigfoot, Dogman, serial killers, illegal pot farmers, animal attacks, and I seem to remember Lizardman being mentioned in a casual joking manner along with dogman.  He gave a brief synopsis on each one as to why he doesn't believe that to be the main culprit.

I don't think that he plays up his Bigfoot connections because he doesn't believe that it is the main cause of disappearances, in addition to the fact that he has received far more mainstream attention and acceptance for his Missing 411 work than he ever did for his work in Bigfoot research.  When he gives the backstory on how he became involved with the Missing 411 cases he always says that he was in a national park doing research on an peripheral subject...and he usually doesn't mention Bigfoot unless directly asked.  

Bigfoot sightings and research are often the objects of scorn and derision with much of the public.  Missing 411 seems to appeal to many people who are not interested in cryptozoology.  If you ever attend one of his presentations, you will find a large percentage of people who are not interested in Bigfoot and are unaware of his involvement in the field.  I know that it is still on his website, but many people are still unaware.

Oh no, what did I get myself into? Now I have to sift through C2C episodes. 😉  I'll check it out. By now we are way off topic and this is a rehash of what is in other threads. Paulides has been adamantly neutral for years on theories for subjects he is promoting (missing persons). But when pressed for an opinion he will say he just doesn't know, which is what I would expect him to say this instance. Or maybe his perspective has changed now that he has had so many lengthy monologues on his YouTube to think about what he really believes.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

Oh no, what did I get myself into? Now I have to sift through C2C episodes. 😉  I'll check it out. By now we are way off topic and this is a rehash of what is in other threads. Paulides has been adamantly neutral for years on theories for subjects he is promoting (missing persons). But when pressed for an opinion he will say he just doesn't know, which is what I would expect him to say this instance. Or maybe his perspective has changed now that he has had so many lengthy monologues on his YouTube to think about what he really believes.

Good luck with finding that C2CAM interview.  They are persistent in getting bootlegged audio off of YouTube.  

If I come across the interview in question, I will message you the link so that this thread can remain on topic.  I want to listen to it now just to double check my memory of the conversation.

SSR Team
7 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The Dennis Martin case is the one that people often point to as being caused by Bigfoot. Paulides has even mentioned a few times that there were 'wild men' rumored to be living in the Great Smokey Mountains that were responsible for disappearances.  He made it a point to say that these were humans who lived there who lived off the land and we're basically outside of civilisation on purpose.

As far as the specific interview, he has done so many on C2CAM and those are generally not on YouTube due to copyright restrictions.  But, I can confirm that I have heard him discuss it.

For what it's worth, I have 100% heard him say this also and I too am sure it was on a C2C interview.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

i don't think its that his perspective has changed. he still will not say what it is but he will say what it is not.  i am pretty sure I heard him say this more recently on his missingcanam youtube channel.  i dont think I have ever heard him on c2c.  i have heard him say it more than once though.    if you can find an interview about his newest work about clusters in cities you might get lucky and heaer him address it there.   if i fun across him saying it again ill send you a link too.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Acolyte said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQhzAf3u85o 

I haven't seen this posted yet.Another guy supporting Isdahl's claims. It seems like all of the people in the Paulides circle believe this theory

That's Scott Carpenter.  He has been mentioned a few times on this thread (I think) as well as the YouTube thread.

Thanks for posting the link.  Yeah, it seems like Paulides, Carpenter, Davis, and Isdahl have joined ranks.  I thought that Wes Germer and the Sasquatch Chronicles legions would kind of gravitate towards them as well, but he is thick with Bob Gimlin and seems to be getting over his dislike for the BFRO lately seeing as how he has had a few FB people in recently. 

He has been suspiciously quiet on the subject as far as I know.  Maybe the lure of the sheer number of people that Isdahl and crew command is too tempting for him to ignore.