Just read "Tracking the Stone Man: West Virginia's Bigfoot" in one sitting

NatFoot

Someone mentioned this here and I purchased it off Amazon.

Very interesting read and obviously it peaked my interest because of WV.

He listed a couple reports and this one might be one of my favorite I've ever read:

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12959

The howling and bellowing is weird as it goes against these guys staying hidden/silent.

Multiple creatures, multiple witnesses and communication between two BFs.

Pretty cool. I think I would've shit my pants though.

1 minute ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Such as?

Nothing striking just the way he says he's familiar with the area. He humps his stand in the dark 2 or 3 miles then says he clears out a spot.

Still in the dark not really knowing exactly if there's any obstructions once you haul or maybe in his case use a climber getting up the tree.

Then he climbs back down and walks around for 20 minutes to wake up after the sun comes up knowing that's the prime time to at least 

make your self stay awake in your stand.  Maybe I'm just nit- picking :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Nothing striking just the way he says he's familiar with the area. He humps his stand in the dark 2 or 3 miles then says he clears out a spot.

Still in the dark not really knowing exactly if there's any obstructions once you haul or maybe in his case use a climber getting up the tree.

Then he climbs back down and walks around for 20 minutes to wake up after the sun comes up knowing that's the prime time to at least 

make your self stay awake in your stand.  Maybe I'm just nit- picking :D

Got it.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Got it.

Thanks!

Like I said nothing striking but I can see if every year he used the same spot or in many cases you end up using the same tree even.

But he set up in the dark and put his climber or used steps and a hang on in a spot he never set up before by the fact he didn't know there was a old wooden stand some other hunter built there years ago. I'm not going to say I'm doubting his report  but you don't do that stuff in the dark unless you already know the spot you are putting your stand in.

Edited by 7.62

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Someone mentioned this here and I purchased it off Amazon.

Very interesting read and obviously it peaked my interest because of WV.

He listed a couple reports and this one might be one of my favorite I've ever read:

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12959

The howling and bellowing is weird as it goes against these guys staying hidden/silent.

Multiple creatures, multiple witnesses and communication between two BFs.

Pretty cool. I think I would've shit my pants though.

My honest opinion, the report you linked seems way to well written and seems to pointed to be true.  I don't know if that makes sense.   Coming from a book and having a report like this, its either an author telling a tale or a tale of reality told by an author, not sure which. 

I am only commenting on this particular tale and not the book as a whole.  

BFF Patron

It sounds like at least a partly true conglomeration of an account that could have occurred.  Whether witnessed by the deer-hunters proper I can't say.  I do know it is possible these things were curious of the pre-dawn racket.  I have heard the chatter and it is described accurately.  I even had a close nocturnal encounter where the language intonations were just as this gentleman described, it sounded like one bigfoot was chastising or henpecking another one for doing something stupid or forbidden all in human-like prosody that sounded like a language that could have been like hearing a record playing backward.  I am surprised the food items were picked up especially the citrus.  I have not heard of many sightings where a BF does citrus.  Apples sure.  

West Virginia is a hotspot and if they were truly 8 to 12 miles into woods and several by foot among them I could see where they would be in appropriate habitat.  I have not heard much in the way of BF howls, only whoops, whistles, samurai chatter, knocks, pops and clicks.  However it is apparent they have a variety of sounds and an 8-9 ft BF can pretty much make any sounds it wants whenever and wherever  it wants, especially if they can move as fast as described.  I have had two possible encounters with speed involved and they were barely seen as more than a black blurr, not possible by black bear or anything else I know of.  Sounds like the young one was springing off like a deer. 

Thanks for pointing that one out to me I do not ever remember reading that particular report.  Sounds like a decent book.  How many stars would you give it?  Have you rated it or reviewed it? 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing. A cool story. 7.62 brings up some very good points. I like the detailed report. 

Of course I didn't believe a word of it. :popcorn:

This was a well written account, but BFRO didn't send out and investigator to see if the witness seems truthful. 

The chatter part is also reported and recorded by deer hunters in the Sierra Mountains east of Redding, CA.

I would suspect that one of the bigfoots would pick up a human smell quickly depending on the air movement. Usually there is little to no air movement in the early morning hours. 

2 hours ago, georgerm said:

This was a well written account, but BFRO didn't send out and investigator to see if the witness seems truthful. 

The chatter part is also reported and recorded by deer hunters in the Sierra Mountains east of Redding, CA.

I would suspect that one of the bigfoots would pick up a human smell quickly depending on the air movement. Usually there is little to no air movement in the early morning hours. 

Or not. Read the entire report.

I think there's something else going on with this response and your entire thread about talking with family. There are notes from the investigation at the bottom of the report.

@bipedalist I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars, but I've not read all of the BF literature out there. The WV angle specifically interested me. I do most of my reading online...mostly here.

• Upvote 1

^^^^^This story I have doubts about.  We are to believe an 8’ tall, enraged BF couldn’t catch a 5’6” tall boy over 3/4 of a mile, and only got close enough for it tear his shirt off and then give up? What are we to make of an account like that?