Is this a practical sidearm in case of an up close Bigfoot encounter?

langfordbc

On 1/11/2020 at 10:28 PM, beerhunter said:

How about a .30-06 semi-automatic rifle?

I like it 

I have a AR10  SASS .308 which is my midrange  precision semi with a US  optics ER 5 -25 

It's heavy to lug around but the BN36 has a carbine version of only 7 pounds 

20200113_162355.jpg

20 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I like it 

I have a AR10  SASS .308 which is my midrange  precision semi with a US  optics ER 5 -25 

It's heavy to lug around but the BN36 has a carbine version of only 7 pounds 

20200113_162355.jpg

What do you think of the POF revolution?

1 hour ago, norseman said:

What do you think of the POF revolution?

I don't have any first hand experience firing the revolution but I do own a POF in 5.56

Recoil is said to be very low for a 7 pound  AR10  pattern rifle.

I like gas piston AR's just in general 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I don't have any first hand experience firing the revolution but I do own a POF in 5.56

Recoil is said to be very low for a 7 pound  AR10  pattern rifle.

I like gas piston AR's just in general 

It’s an AR 15 though.

Not sure how to feel about that. Is the 308 round gonna break it?

1 minute ago, norseman said:

It’s an AR 15 though.

Not sure how to feel about that. Is the 308 round gonna break it?

Hard to say 

I really haven't dived deep in researching the rifle using AR 15 parts but they are a good company and they have some good RD ..so ??

If I owned one I would be able to give a better opinion on it because I would put it through the test with a high round count .

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Hard to say 

I really haven't dived deep in researching the rifle using AR 15 parts but they are a good company and they have some good RD ..so ??

If I owned one I would be able to give a better opinion on it because I would put it through the test with a high round count .

Here is the owner talking about it.

• Upvote 1

I haven't heard of anyone with any real high round count Revolutions.  Not to say that they are not out there...I just haven't heard of any.  

Maybe POF has their metallurgy on point with these things and the AR sized parts can handle those .308 rounds.  

I have been tempted to build a .308 AR when Palmetto State Armory runs their uppers and lowers on sale.  Give my FAL some company.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I haven't heard of anyone with any real high round count Revolutions.  Not to say that they are not out there...I just haven't heard of any.  

Maybe POF has their metallurgy on point with these things and the AR sized parts can handle those .308 rounds.  

I have been tempted to build a .308 AR when Palmetto State Armory runs their uppers and lowers on sale.  Give my FAL some company.

I think if I was to go with a AR10  now I would go with the 6.5 creedmoor  .

I need another caliber to load like I need another hole in my head but I really like the round . 

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I’m currently building a 80% AR 10.

Nice

After a while building AR's becomes an addition :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, 7.62 said:

After watching Big Legend again on amazon prime my new side arm is my Model 29 . 44 mag

:hunter:

Exactly what I carried for several years when prospecting in bear country. In fact, the RCMP Firearms Officer who approved my permit told me that he would not have approved anything smaller.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BC witness said:

Exactly what I carried for several years when prospecting in bear country. In fact, the RCMP Firearms Officer who approved my permit told me that he would not have approved anything smaller.

I haven't fired it in a while  and have been carrying one of my semiautos but nothing gives comfort like a heavy piece of steel on your side in bear country .

On 1/21/2020 at 2:18 AM, 7.62 said:

After watching Big Legend again on amazon prime my new side arm is my Model 29 . 44 mag

:hunter:

I love that freaking movie.  

I really hope that they make the sequel that is mentioned at the end of the first film.

31 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I love that freaking movie.  

I really hope that they make the sequel that is mentioned at the end of the first film.

It's one of the best bigfoot movies I've watched and I think I've watched them all.

I really wish the old guy had made it , he was the best thing in the movie.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic