Metallic Sounds with Suspected Sasquatch Activity

Tylo

I have heard what sounded like sheet metal being shaken and beaten on deep in the woods.  It was pretty far off.

I think that there are other strange things than Bigfoot in the woods, though.  People go out looking for Bigfoot, then anything odd that they come across gets attributed to Bigfoot.  The strange lights and strange sounds might very well have another source.  

There are other accounts of metallic and mechanical noises deep in the Smokeys here.  One local researcher thinks that the activity is occurring underground.

What I heard was definitely out of the ordinary, but since I couldn't lay eyes on the cause of the noise I can't rule out other people messing around in the woods... although why they would be banging on sheet metal in the middle of nowhere is beyond me.  It definitely wasn't wood or rocks banging together.

Nathan, that is a WOW story and it sounds like the critter had practiced. Joe Beelart has some stories of similar activity at gravel pit(s), I think.

Also, some stuff may be due to mimicry talents. I think Stan had a strange encounter with something that sounded like a lawn mower?

I've been doing audio for some years, and have a folder titled "Weird Clicks", because there were some at one time. I think I posted about it a long time ago, then came across others online mentioning it happening to them.

Edited by JKH

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

I have experienced the metal type sounds during an event,  I have heard what sounds like steel poles being pulled over concrete, I have heard what sounded like a tin car door slamming ( jeep, geo ) in an area with ZERO cars around and I have heard what sounds like a tin can being thrown at a tree.

I will share a fascinating story ( it is long but related to the metal sounds ) I was told by a partner/friend who remains in western WA at this time.  I have spoke with him and the other fellow who was present for the experience several times and each time I think about the event it is just blows my mind. Both of these men are intelligent, aware and knowledgeable on all subjects and I trust them and their interpretation of the events as accurate. I may be missing some details or have a small detail miss placed but I will recall to the best of my knowledge.

I believe this took place in February of 2012 at a research site in Lewis county of Washington state, my friend Kirk and his friend Bill had decided to visit an area that has been long known for activity to stay the night and see what happened.  They went up to an old pit still gravel site to try and escape the onset of weather ( this area has always had activity ), they setup camp and bundled up to fight the cold. This gravel pit is about 65 yards long by 40 yards wide and the camp is in the bottom at a depth of about 12 to 14 feet.   The pit kind of eats into the side of a plateau, the road skirts up and around to the back of the pit and continues on. Bill brought his truck mounted camper and Kirk setup to cramp all of his 6 '1 frame in his little 03 chevy tracker for the night.They stayed up for a while around a fire and the wind was blowing hard with a heavy wind chill, the temp that night was around 24 degrees or so. 

They grew tired of fighting the cold wind and decided to call it a night, they put out the fire and crawled in for the night until around 2 am Kirk woke up to a loud knock.  It was so loud it startled him awake, the wind had died down but he sort of blew it off as something breaking and started to drift back to sleep but suddenly heard another loud bang coming from up on the left side of ledge of the gravel pit just up slope.   He laid there listening for a few minutes and suddenly began hearing what sounded like a tin soup can or coffee tin being tapped on, it was without cadence or timing, just moments of constant tapping.   

The sound was coming from the same location of the second knock, it would go on and then stop for a few moments then continue for 30 seconds then stop for a minute at a time. This went on for several minutes then stopped for another length of time, suddenly the sound started again but this time it had moved about 15 yards closer along the rim of the gravel pit.  The sound then began moving down from the rim to the bottom in camp and started circling the car, at this time Kirk is VERY awake and rather concerned. He told me that the inside of the car had frosted on all the windows do to breathing and the cold temps so he could not see anything, this thing suddenly stopped banging on the can and began touching the car, and then began tapping on the car for just a few moments then it fell quiet for several minutes.  

What Kirk did not know is that this animal left from his car to go over and explore around Bill's camper,   Bill told me he woke up to the camper getting shoved, he is a side sleeper and the rocking was so hard that it rolled him onto his face and he woke up freaked out as his camper was rocking, for a split second he thought the wind was insane but it became clear that this was not the case as the thing stopped and then went around to the other side of the camper. The shaking stopped and the creature left Bill's camper and had now returned to Kirk's car and it began to start tapping on the car and putting weight against the car and moving it. It started going to the back of the car where Kirk had a bag of camping equipment on top of his car ( tent bags, cables, rope, bags, lighter and instant logs ), started grabbing and moving the bag off the top of the car, the sound stopped and then he heard the zipper running back and forth at a high rate of speed for several seconds.  It was quiet for about a minute then the thing began bumping and tapping the car once again and by this time Kirk was completely unnerved and could not take any more so he set of the car lights, the horn and started screaming and pounding on the car to scare it off.

The thing took off crashing up the slope and over the ledge and dropped into a ravine where it let out a loud whoop and it was gone, seconds after that Bill jumped out of the camper in his long johns with his light mounted AR15 and began sweeping the area, Kirk by this time exited the car with his light and they both started looking around the camp to make sure it was not still around.

The noted that the bag had been removed from the roof and set on the ground with about half of the contents removed neatly next to the bag, they went over to the camper as Bill was explaining to Kirk what he heard and they found that the thing had gotten into a tub behind the camper also and opened the contents for examination. Bill did not hear this happen and was not aware until he walked Kirk over to the camper. They stayed awake for several hours talking about the experience with one eye over each shoulder.

This event was one of the most interesting experiences I have heard told in person, in my opinion this thing was using some kind of tin can to try and find out if people where present or awake before coming in and investigating/testing the cars.   That takes a high degree of planning, and tactical execution.This creature knew that people could be a danger so it came up with a plan to test the situation in escalating steps, first the general area and then each car individually with the tapping and rocking.

That is so weird...I have some video from just the other night and I was puzzled by what sounded like the tapping on the bottom of a Coke can..I figured water was dripping off something and the drops of water where making the sound on impact of thin metal...I'm gonna go through my security videos and located it

3 hours ago, NathanFooter said:

...I have heard what sounded like a tin car door slamming ( jeep, geo ) in an area with ZERO cars around and I have heard what sounds like a tin can being thrown at a tree.

Great story NathanFooter.  Encircling something is quintessential predator behavior. Great white sharks immediately come to mind.

Three years ago, while out sasquatching two friends and I heard both of those sounds one weekend. "What the heck was that??!!" It unnerved one of my buddies so badly he will day hike but won't stay overnight in the woods anymore.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Y'all think they swiped camping artifacts for their own pleasure?

I would if I was a Sasquatch.

Eat the campers and take their stuff.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I have heard what sounded like sheet metal being shaken and beaten on deep in the woods.  It was pretty far off.

I think that there are other strange things than Bigfoot in the woods, though.  People go out looking for Bigfoot, then anything odd that they come across gets attributed to Bigfoot.  The strange lights and strange sounds might very well have another source.  

There are other accounts of metallic and mechanical noises deep in the Smokeys here.  One local researcher thinks that the activity is occurring underground.

What I heard was definitely out of the ordinary, but since I couldn't lay eyes on the cause of the noise I can't rule out other people messing around in the woods... although why they would be banging on sheet metal in the middle of nowhere is beyond me.  It definitely wasn't wood or rocks banging together.

Moonshiners.

May not be just for the shine, but to keep the tradition going.

Adding: what an incredible story @NathanFooter. Yikes.

Edited by NatFoot

Thank you for all the interesting replies! So there IS something to it, I was curious about the types of sounds.  Seems like there is a range, faint to very loud.  I am not surprised to find that they scavenge and we do know they mimic. NathanFooter's report was quite something.  A tactic.  I wonder if some of it is for communication or just boredom, too?

BlackRockBigfoot, there are many reports of 'other things' hanging around in the woods and inhabited areas.  I'm quite thankful I've never seen a UFO, orbs, strange lights, an alien or something unidentifiable while wandering around at night. I probably would never leave the basement!  Seriously.  : ) 

Nothing worse than being in a quiet area and hearing something that is disconcerting.  We are all so attuned to our local sounds that we can pick out that one thing that doesn't fit.  If I can't identify a bird call, I become obsessed until I find the correct sample.  

Interesting that there could also be a combination of organic and inorganic sounds.

18 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I think that there are other strange things than Bigfoot in the woods, though.  People go out looking for Bigfoot, then anything odd that they come across gets attributed to Bigfoot.

I'll go with that.   Definitely.    I've seen one other "critter" myself.  

Beyond "critters", there may be tech involved, and not ours.

I've had some real weird equipment malfunctions.    One day both my compass and my gps failed simultaneously.   Neither has failed before or since.   Another time, early AM on top of a very exposed bare ridge, my electrical equipment .. cell phone, audio recorder, camera, and gps all power cycled "by themselves", one after the other.   In neither instance was there a natural or man made source for EMF.   I've been to both locations several times since with no issues with the electronics.   Someone else might try to ignore it away.  I can't.   Something happened and I want to know what.

I find about as much bigfoot evidence when I'm out chasing the source of those weird things than I do when I'm actually looking for bigfoot.    The locations are ... bigfooty.   I don't attribute this to bigfoot.   It might be a result of something else trying to study bigfoot but that is just a guess.   Who/what .. I do not know.   'tis vaguely possible whoever, whatever it is, is also whoever, whatever is responsible for a good number of the Missing 411 cases.

When you're out there, keeping your eyes open, look up once in a while, not just ground level.  

MIB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

I'll go with that.   Definitely.    I've seen one other "critter" myself.  

Beyond "critters", there may be tech involved, and not ours.

I've had some real weird equipment malfunctions.    One day both my compass and my gps failed simultaneously.   Neither has failed before or since.   Another time, early AM on top of a very exposed bare ridge, my electrical equipment .. cell phone, audio recorder, camera, and gps all power cycled "by themselves", one after the other.   In neither instance was there a natural or man made source for EMF.   I've been to both locations several times since with no issues with the electronics.   Someone else might try to ignore it away.  I can't.   Something happened and I want to know what.

I find about as much bigfoot evidence when I'm out chasing the source of those weird things than I do when I'm actually looking for bigfoot.    The locations are ... bigfooty.   I don't attribute this to bigfoot.   It might be a result of something else trying to study bigfoot but that is just a guess.   Who/what .. I do not know.   'tis vaguely possible whoever, whatever it is, is also whoever, whatever is responsible for a good number of the Missing 411 cases.

When you're out there, keeping your eyes open, look up once in a while, not just ground level.  

MIB

We have had 2 different GPS units, cellphones, and cameras all malfunction at the same time in an area where we found signs of Sasquatch.  

We've seen strange lights in the woods, and one day I found myself staring at what looked like one of those distortions that people refer to as being like the Predator... again in areas with Sasquatch activity.  

I am kind of uncomfortable discussing it, because it kind of challenges my previous worldview...but, it happened.  However, whether it is related to Sasquatch or is caused by other concurrent activity that is unrelated to Sasquatch but is drawn to the same type of locations..I just don't know.  I just know that the Appalachians are a weird weird place.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:25 PM, Tylo said:

guess I should add that I find sound recordings really fascinating.  I had gone through Stan Courtney's site and was transfixed.  For some reason the audio recordings profoundly affect me and I don't know why

Hi Tylo! My favorite audio recording of his is the one where something BIG, no hooves or claws, on four feet, is hauling butt over the bridge. That gives me chills every time! Welcome to the forum. 

I've had my ghost meter go off, on camera, in the middle of a field, essentially. It's one of my first videos on my site. Neither my kid nor myself was anywhere near it. Kinda weird.

It works well. Scared the daylights out of NorthWind and myself one time when it went OFF as we passed under a powerline corridor and we weren't expecting it, lol. I need to remember to take it with us more often!

Edited by Madison5716

2 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

Hi Tylo! My favorite audio recording of his is the one where something BIG, no hooves or claws, on four feet, is hauling butt over the bridge. That gives me chills every time! Welcome to the forum. 

I've had my ghost meter go off, on camera, in the middle of a field, essentially. It's one of my first videos on my site. Neither my kid nor myself was anywhere near it. Kinda weird.

It works well. Scared the daylights out of NorthWind and myself one time when it went OFF as we passed under a powerline corridor and we weren't expecting it, lol. I need to remember to take it with us more often!

And that sound we just recorded a couple of weeks ago - I THINK  we got it recorded - when we were in the area with the baby crying audio you played. That sound sounded to me like a big metal tractor bucket being dragged across gravel from quite a distance off. I will have to go back to the audio recorder and see if I can pick it up. I did have the audio running at the time, IIRC. I had forgotten about it.

Edited by NorthWind
addition

One thing I can confirm from years of bushwhacking in remote areas, especially in the SE...there is A LOT of debris that gets picked up in tornadoes and dropped in the back country where you least expect it. I've come across corrugated and 5-V crimp steel and aluminum siding. During severe weather this stuff gets stripped off and lofted up from houses, trailers, sheds and barns and blown for miles.  (I have a friend in N.AL who witnessed pieces of houses and roofs raining down for minutes out of a clear sky and into Wheeler Lake/TN river after one particularly violent series of storms swept the state a few years back) Yep, it is fun to bang on with a stick and I expect it makes a nice convenient drum for the local BF.

Okay, now. That is some freaky stuff MIB!  All gadgets started cycling simultaneously?  I really do hope someone can finally fit more puzzle pieces together.  I do believe the only way that can be done is if people share everything they experience. I've spent years reading, listening, viewing.  A lot of consistency throughout. I don't discount the probability that other beings live around us.  It's a shame that so many people are ridiculed, some of the 'fringe' topics are far more serious than people realize.

Yes! Madison5716, the bridge recordings are incredibly spooky!  I understand how people will claim much of it is imagination but I think most people have enough common sense to  know what is not 'usual' and that is were the creepiness comes in. His site is one of the first sites I visited when I started looking into this.  I'd love to know what your site is! 

Interesting description you just gave NorthWind.  We had a bizarre sound event January 2019. Around 1 AM, I was at the computer reading, my senior mother was asleep.  I had the window cracked even though it was brutally cold.  Truly out of nowhere came an extremely loud, HUGE sound at the southeast corner of our house.  It sounded like a piece of heavy farm equipment like a disc harrow had been lifted fifty feet into the sky, dropped, dragged and crumbled in my driveway.  !!!  It was so loud that it woke my mother and I froze in place.  There was no wind, a crystal clear brutally cold night. 

It took me a couple of minutes before I could move, was deciding whether I should look out the window without the flood lights on. I finally checked on my Mom ("What was that?  I was sleeping.) and turned on the front floodlights.  I did not want to go outside but I took my flashlight and looked around that area in our driveway.  Nothing.

Next day I walked around our property and my neighbor's property to see if I could find anything out of place.  I'm surrounded by old and new corrugated metal buildings and farm equipment.  Not one thing out of place. 

However, the very strange part of it and I heard it quite clearly because it seemed like it was very close to the window where I was on the computer, I thought I heard a slight organic sound to it.  Something was a bit off toward the very end of the noise. My mother and I discussed it for quite a few days.  It was loud but seemed to be contained in my driveway if you can understand that, was not in the distance.

I have no idea what it was.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tylo said:

Interesting description you just gave NorthWind.  We had a bizarre sound event January 2019. Around 1 AM, I was at the computer reading, my senior mother was asleep.  I had the window cracked even though it was brutally cold.  Truly out of nowhere came an extremely loud, HUGE sound at the southeast corner of our house.  It sounded like a piece of heavy farm equipment like a disc harrow had been lifted fifty feet into the sky, dropped, dragged and crumbled in my driveway.  !!!  It was so loud that it woke my mother and I froze in place.  There was no wind, a crystal clear brutally cold night. 

It took me a couple of minutes before I could move, was deciding whether I should look out the window without the flood lights on. I finally checked on my Mom ("What was that?  I was sleeping.) and turned on the front floodlights.  I did not want to go outside but I took my flashlight and looked around that area in our driveway.  Nothing.

Next day I walked around our property and my neighbor's property to see if I could find anything out of place.  I'm surrounded by old and new corrugated metal buildings and farm equipment.  Not one thing out of place. 

However, the very strange part of it and I heard it quite clearly because it seemed like it was very close to the window where I was on the computer, I thought I heard a slight organic sound to it.  Something was a bit off toward the very end of the noise. My mother and I discussed it for quite a few days.  It was loud but seemed to be contained in my driveway if you can understand that, was not in the distance.

I have no idea what it was.

Very interesting. 

Madison and I have posted some stuff here, though we don't have any audio files uploaded at this time.  https://bigfootforums.com/forum/173-lane-county-bigfooters/

I have to search for that audio file and get it posted.Maybe later tonight. It sounded metallic to my ears.