Metallic Sounds with Suspected Sasquatch Activity

Tylo

22 hours ago, MIB said:

I find about as much bigfoot evidence when I'm out chasing the source of those weird things than I do when I'm actually looking for bigfoot.    The locations are ... bigfooty.   I don't attribute this to bigfoot.   It might be a result of something else trying to study bigfoot but that is just a guess.   Who/what .. I do not know.   'tis vaguely possible whoever, whatever it is, is also whoever, whatever is responsible for a good number of the Missing 411 cases.

When you're out there, keeping your eyes open, look up once in a while, not just ground level.  

MIB

One valuable lesson I've learned from Paulides about safety while in the woods was that there was no Missing 411 case he could find where the person had both a firearm and a transducer (aka PLB). Oddly enough, one such event did occur last month but it's the only one I know of. 

I always carry both because I go alone most of the time and it's prudent to have a personal locator beacon in case of an unexpected problem. It's the most important piece of equipment you own when you're in areas where there are no cell service, which is the case where I go. It is your lifeline.

• Upvote 1

My experience with a  equipment malfunction  while out searching an area was my camcorder.

To this day I have no explanation for it. We found a set of tracks that were very clear and were no older than a day. Could even have been the same day just hours old.I had my camcorder on the whole time while I was out so it was never turned off except hours later when we stopped for lunch and rest a bit I installed a new battery pack. Seconds before we find the tracks I am filming and taking to my friend who's with me. 

I then say hey look at these and we spend  a half hour or so in the spot filming the prints and talking about them.

When I get home i pull out the SD card to watch the video . I like to watch the whole thing because I'm always scanning the camcorder in case it films something in the forest I miss to see. Well seconds before it gets to the part in the film when we found the tracks and 

I say Hey look at these the picture goes black . You can hear us talking about the tracks but there's no picture . Then when we are leaving 

the picture on the SD card goes back to filming  as I'm watching it on my lap top . I have no explanation for it.

Edited by 7.62
  • Upvote 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:17 PM, Tylo said:

Interesting description you just gave NorthWind.  We had a bizarre sound event January 2019. Around 1 AM, I was at the computer reading, my senior mother was asleep.  I had the window cracked even though it was brutally cold.  Truly out of nowhere came an extremely loud, HUGE sound at the southeast corner of our house.  It sounded like a piece of heavy farm equipment like a disc harrow had been lifted fifty feet into the sky, dropped, dragged and crumbled in my driveway.  !!!  It was so loud that it woke my mother and I froze in place.  There was no wind, a crystal clear brutally cold night. 

It took me a couple of minutes before I could move, was deciding whether I should look out the window without the flood lights on. I finally checked on my Mom ("What was that?  I was sleeping.) and turned on the front floodlights.  I did not want to go outside but I took my flashlight and looked around that area in our driveway.  Nothing.

Next day I walked around our property and my neighbor's property to see if I could find anything out of place.  I'm surrounded by old and new corrugated metal buildings and farm equipment.  Not one thing out of place. 

However, the very strange part of it and I heard it quite clearly because it seemed like it was very close to the window where I was on the computer, I thought I heard a slight organic sound to it.  Something was a bit off toward the very end of the noise. My mother and I discussed it for quite a few days.  It was loud but seemed to be contained in my driveway if you can understand that, was not in the distance.

I have no idea what it was.

Do you have a culvert in your driveway?  And did you look in it to see if maybe it cracked or something?

On 1/6/2020 at 2:59 PM, Tylo said:

I'd love to know what your site is! 

I'm at YouTube at Lane County Bigfooters.  And here! In the "In the Field" sub-forum :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGcgtibIWESmOAtVZM-K88A

NorthWind has his own channel, though we collaborate all the time. 

On 1/7/2020 at 6:08 AM, wiiawiwb said:

it's prudent to have a personal locator beacon in case of an unexpected problem. It's the most important piece of equipment you own when you're in areas where there are no cell service, which is the case where I go. It is your lifeline.

Next on my list!

Edited by Madison5716

JustCurious, yes, we have a culvert at the edge of the driveway.  However, the sound was east of that area.  Nothing out of place the next day.  Sasquatch related, no.  Outstandingly strange, though.  No prior sound before or after, you know how you hear a train, car, plane approaching.  Certainly was not an engine noise.  : )  Big metal twisting, crumpling, scraping with a strange change toward the end of it.  Extremely loud, concentrated.  Never had such weirdness before, quite memorable.  Thought to throw it out there in case anyone else has heard such a thing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 7:22 AM, MIB said:

I've had some real weird equipment malfunctions.    One day both my compass and my gps failed simultaneously.   Neither has failed before or since.   Another time, early AM on top of a very exposed bare ridge, my electrical equipment .. cell phone, audio recorder, camera, and gps all power cycled "by themselves", one after the other.   In neither instance was there a natural or man made source for EMF.   I've been to both locations several times since with no issues with the electronics.   Someone else might try to ignore it away.  I can't.   Something happened and I want to know what.

My old research partner had metallic sounds on one research trip.    While there was sheet metal nearby, the research crew was unable to replicate the sounds they recorded.   Couldn't achieve the volume nor quite the timbre.    They worked pretty hard at it.    Remains a puzzle to me.

On 1/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

We have had 2 different GPS units, cellphones, and cameras all malfunction at the same time in an area where we found signs of Sasquatch.  

We've seen strange lights in the woods, and one day I found myself staring at what looked like one of those distortions that people refer to as being like the Predator... again in areas with Sasquatch activity.  

On 1/4/2020 at 5:53 PM, Redbone said:

I don't think I have shared this at BFF. It was recorded deep in the woods on the Omaha Reservation in Northeast Nebraska.

I cant say for certain it is sasquatch related, but for sure this is not a sound that would be normal to this place. This recorder was maybe 200-300 yards from where I had my 2018 sighting. This happened at 1:09 am on May 10th, 2019.

On 1/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, Sasfooty said:

I've heard howls and barks that had a metallic sound, that were mixed with obvious BF howls. 

Also, the most confusing ones, sounded like someone was ripping sheets of metal from a building & throwing them on a concrete floor. The sounds went on from just after dark until just before daylight for about 3 nights. I thought it was coming from across the railroad to the southwest, but there was nothing in that direction that it could have been. Finally, I went outside, to try to be sure of the direction. Turned out that it was coming from the little patch of woods about a hundred yards behind the house. No metal anywhere near there.

On 1/5/2020 at 10:39 AM, NathanFooter said:

I have experienced the metal type sounds during an event,  I have heard what sounds like steel poles being pulled over concrete, I have heard what sounded like a tin car door slamming ( jeep, geo ) in an area with ZERO cars around and I have heard what sounds like a tin can being thrown at a tree.

The noted that the bag had been removed from the roof and set on the ground with about half of the contents removed neatly next to the bag, they went over to the camper as Bill was explaining to Kirk what he heard and they found that the thing had gotten into a tub behind the camper also and opened the contents for examination. Bill did not hear this happen and was not aware until he walked Kirk over to the camper. They stayed awake for several hours talking about the experience with one eye over each shoulder.

This event was one of the most interesting experiences I have heard told in person, in my opinion this thing was using some kind of tin can to try and find out if people where present or awake before coming in and investigating/testing the cars.   That takes a high degree of planning, and tactical execution.This creature knew that people could be a danger so it came up with a plan to test the situation in escalating steps, first the general area and then each car individually with the tapping and rocking.

I don't have a complete theory but I am convinced this falls under the category of an auditory hallucination. Something is causing a noise but the way our brain perceives it causes it to sound like something else. The source of the noise is knowingly or not, interacting with the earth's magnetic field. Machinery sounds coming from the earth is a very old phenomena that people have reported since ancient times. This also fits experiences of people hearing different types of noises in the woods that can't be rationally explained based on the geography. Things like hearing people having a conversation that is barely inaudible (not Bigfoot noises) or far away,  furniture being moved across a room,  impacts and crashes, etc.  

The earth creates energy all the time and has varying degrees of electromagnetic resonances that can be excited by other EM discharges (like weather for example). This energy can take the form of sound that travels in unpredictable patterns. Since the earth is a natural conductor and our brain is electricity, we're like an antenna  picking up electromagnetic energy. If the experiment was reproducible, it would be interesting to test what frequencies people hear these noises and when electronic equipment fails. 

I don't think BF is playing with metal. The depths and perceptions of the sounds are likely different with each experience. That soundcloud clip is interesting but like all things BF, doesn't provide enough clues to support a theory.  I think these metal-like auditory experiences are good points of interest to support the possibility along the lines of an EM energy theory that has long been associated with BF.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I don't have a complete theory but I am convinced this falls under the category of an auditory hallucination. Something is causing a noise but the way our brain perceives it causes it to sound like something else.

So .. how do you account for the audio recordings that match what the person heard reproducing it days later, years later?   Do audio recorders hallucinate?   Does this "something" somehow get recorded?  

MIB

1 minute ago, MIB said:

So .. how do you account for the audio recordings that match what the person heard reproducing it days later, years later?   Do audio recorders hallucinate?   Does this "something" somehow get recorded?  

MIB

well if you followed what I said, all kinds of noises are possible. Whether that matches what was experienced or recalled or believed to have been experienced is up to the interpreter - but probably not accurate. I don't believe you have any such perfectly aligned evidence nor did you try to understand what an auditory hallucination is.  Sometimes a 5 second web search to confirm your tired attempt at baiting will work wonders before responding.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

I followed what you said.   I'll ask again .. how do you account for audio recordings of metallic sounds?   

MIB

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, MIB said:

I followed what you said.   I'll ask again .. how do you account for audio recordings of metallic sounds?   

MIB

Why would I be responsible for answering an unanswerable question?  I posed a theory on earth noises and EM energy that is admittedly incomplete. You choose to be obscurantist and divert the thread.  Are you upset that you did not get a Beachfoot invite while I did?

Or could it be that you do not know what a hallucination is?  It is an actual experience but interpretation is not decipherable to our senses. But go ahead and post the recordings that you do not have along with telemetry of your instruments from your awesome field work anyway.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Downvote 3

Madison5716, I forgot to mention that in addition to Stan Courtney's site there is a great YouTube channel by Lady In Waiting, her channel is bigfootresearch.  She has a lot of videos of her recordings.  Unfortunately, I just read that she passed away in December.  She was gutsy and had some really bizarre recordings.  If any of you like to hear audio, it's a great channel.  I'm very sad that she passed away.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tylo said:

Madison5716, I forgot to mention that in addition to Stan Courtney's site there is a great YouTube channel by Lady In Waiting, her channel is bigfootresearch.  She has a lot of videos of her recordings.  Unfortunately, I just read that she passed away in December.  She was gutsy and had some really bizarre recordings.  If any of you like to hear audio, it's a great channel.  I'm very sad that she passed away.

Please tell me where you read that she passed away,  she was my friend, and I didn't even know she was sick.