Metallic Sounds with Suspected Sasquatch Activity

Tylo

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 8:25 PM, Tylo said:

I guess I should add that I find sound recordings really fascinating.  I had gone through Stan Courtney's site and was transfixed.  For some reason the audio recordings profoundly affect me and I don't know why.  

You are not alone. I've always enjoyed audio, it can be therapeutic to listen to wildlife in their natural habitat. I've always felt that it would help locate BF so more effort could be put into certain locations in finding other evidence. I can share this with you. My group has recorded a number of metal banging sounds on various occasions but one stands out to me. It sounded like a pop gun shooting a metal bucket, just like "pop"...…"ding" .  Never found the source of it, but we hear thee things long after the recorder is picked up in most cases.

• Upvote 1

We have heard the metal on metal sounds before deep in the woods.

Obviously it could be campers nearby who are staying nearby, but we have never been able to find them.  Still doesn't rule that possibility out.

One of the areas with activity that we have been going to recently has old homesteads from the late 1800/ early 1900's that were abandoned deep in the woods.  The whole area was encompassed into the national Forest.   There are ample amounts of small metal objects that are mostly rusted away but are still sturdy enough to bash against something.  It's pretty cool when you are way off of the beaten path and following a game trail to come upon the long rusted ruins of an old still.  Or find a stone chimney that is still standing in a sense patch of forest with no other signs of a homestead around it.  

A species that did not have the ability to shape metal, but had opposing thumbs to pick up the objects, could easily find pieces of metal that still were intact enough to smack against something.  

However, just like with any other sounds with an unseen source, it's interesting but not definitive proof of anything.  

Just like wood knocks.  We have heard them a few times, but it could very easily be a group of people who are just out of sight fooling around.  FB has forever put the idea of bashing wood against trees and making calls in the woods deeply into the minds of the casual Bigfoot Hunter.

I will say that the metallic noises are much more unnerving than the wood knocks, especially after dark.  

• Upvote 1

Drink can's thrown from car's, road signs, man hole covers, drain covers, accident debris, campers rubbish, farm machinery parts, there are loads of metallic things that they no doubt pick up.

Then of course there's all the little planes that go down and are never found.

Things taken home for the kids to play with, things they use to amuse the wife and no doubt things they use to communicate with.

The question that id ask relating to the above is has anyone found the type of objects I've listed in the middle of nowhere or somewhere where it really shouldn't of been? 

Put your hands up if you've found a stop sign or a car wing mirror miles from the nearest road.

Edited by Somerset
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 1/24/2020 at 6:38 PM, Arvedis said:

I don't have a complete theory but I am convinced this falls under the category of an auditory hallucination. Something is causing a noise but the way our brain perceives it causes it to sound like something else. The source of the noise is knowingly or not, interacting with the earth's magnetic field. Machinery sounds coming from the earth is a very old phenomena that people have reported since ancient times. This also fits experiences of people hearing different types of noises in the woods that can't be rationally explained based on the geography. Things like hearing people having a conversation that is barely inaudible (not Bigfoot noises) or far away,  furniture being moved across a room,  impacts and crashes, etc.  

The earth creates energy all the time and has varying degrees of electromagnetic resonances that can be excited by other EM discharges (like weather for example). This energy can take the form of sound that travels in unpredictable patterns. Since the earth is a natural conductor and our brain is electricity, we're like an antenna  picking up electromagnetic energy. If the experiment was reproducible, it would be interesting to test what frequencies people hear these noises and when electronic equipment fails. 

I don't think BF is playing with metal. The depths and perceptions of the sounds are likely different with each experience. That soundcloud clip is interesting but like all things BF, doesn't provide enough clues to support a theory.  I think these metal-like auditory experiences are good points of interest to support the possibility along the lines of an EM energy theory that has long been associated with BF.

Stan Courtney implies Sasquatch can imitate a weedeater like a lyre bird, if that is the case, and I believe based on my own sound recording research that they are expert emulators, then I believe what researchers report in this realm.  

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

One of the best metallic sound recordings I've heard is what sounds like a trash can being tossed around or beat upon in a NW Georgia wilderness area recorded by a former BFF member that incorporated River into his id.  He allowed several researchers to share the file on BFF as I remember. As that may have been BFF 1.0,  I am sure the attachments were scrubbed with a server attack.  It would possibly be on one of my old backup drives from years ago but at this late date I would probably have to re-establish contact and get permissions again even if I could find it.  It was such a great file I found myself listening to it for weeks and months at a time. 

1 minute ago, bipedalist said:

Edited by bipedalist

On 4/28/2020 at 6:35 PM, bipedalist said:

Stan Courtney implies Sasquatch can imitate a weedeater like a lyre bird, if that is the case, and I believe based on my own sound recording research that they are expert emulators, then I believe what researchers report in this realm.  

BF is an amazing imitator but in this case, I suspect the machinery noises are earth sounds.  Something unidentified triggers it and my theory is it is EM energy (of an undetermined source, type and location).

Machine noises from the earth have been reported in other parts of the world having nothing to do with cryptids. It's allegedly a geological occurrence but the noises are  inconsistent. Sometimes it is humming. Other times it's a garbage can or heavier things like roters. It gets really weird and it is in world mythology in addition to scientific papers.

It showed up at skinwalker ranch as well.

Edited by Arvedis

BFF Patron
19 hours ago, Arvedis said:

BF is an amazing imitator but in this case, I suspect the machinery noises are earth sounds.  Something unidentified triggers it and my theory is it is EM energy (of an undetermined source, type and location).

Machine noises from the earth have been reported in other parts of the world having nothing to do with cryptids. It's allegedly a geological occurrence but the noises are  inconsistent. Sometimes it is humming. Other times it's a garbage can or heavier things like roters. It gets really weird and it is in world mythology in addition to scientific papers.

It showed up at skinwalker ranch as well.

Sorry, I have the earth sound market cornered in conjunction with my experience and research--and experience it often in my prime research area and at home, Rivers sound recording was not earth sounds.  

BFF Patron

In my area I would pin machine sounds on the many gravel pit operations in the area.   There are at least a dozen within 25 miles.     Rock strata is a very good conductor of infrasound.     If huge scoop machinery is scraping across the ground that potentially could travel miles.    A crusher is about 3 miles from me and during early morning hours, when there is temperature inversion I can plaining hear the thing running because the sound is kept inside the inversion and travels great distances.  

There are some interesting things going on at SKywalker Ranch in Utah on the TV series playing now.      Strong gama radiation coming down from a point one mile in the sky.   Machine sounds from deep in the ground.     Some large object detected by instrumentation deep in the ground.    They had a UFO sighting when they fired rockets up at the source of the gamma radiation.      For those of you who don't know,   gamma radiation is typically the result of nuclear devices or processes.    Not something you normally encounter in high levels unless you are messing with nukes.      

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Sorry, I have the earth sound market cornered in conjunction with my experience and research--and experience it often in my prime research area and at home, Rivers sound recording was not earth sounds.  

What is this Rivers sound recording that you mentioned here?  Is it in this thread?

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

Hard to tell from audio recordings since nothing replaces the actual experience. This phenomena is far from decided so plenty of room for further analysis.

53 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Machine sounds from deep in the ground.     Some large object detected by instrumentation deep in the ground.    They had a UFO sighting when they fired rockets up at the source of the gamma radiation.      For those of you who don't know,   gamma radiation is typically the result of nuclear devices or processes.    Not something you normally encounter in high levels unless you are messing with nukes.      

The machine noises are pretty consistent at skinwalker.  I don't know how far along the testing is. Would be interesting if it can be traced.

Gamma radiation at high levels is lethal. At low levels it is harmful too so the fact that we are not seeing mutations from groundwater being effected and people getting really sick from it is a real mystery.

Gamma radiation also does not have to come from nukes. It can be within the earth as a result of comet and meteor strikes from ages past.

BFF Patron

Gamma rays are pretty much tied to origins off planet or atomic power.  .      Decaying radioactive material that could only have originated in distant stars but the most common source is cosmic rays hitting the nuclei of normal earth elements.   The other source would be nuclear or thermonuclear devices and their byproducts.   The source they were detecting over Skin Walker ranch was at a dangerous level.    They had a fairly good image of the UFO overhead and it looked very much like one of the top shaped  Nimitz UFO in that it seemed to be surrounded by an undulating zone where light was being distorted.     Only a few things distort light.   Heat, intense magnetism,   and gravity.    Any or all of these is pretty scary to me.   I don't know what is going on at that ranch but much of it seems dangerous to me.  

I'd love to be able to easily search the Missing 411 cases to see how many of them reported a metallic sound.  Much to my surprise, as I mentioned in another thread, when I did a search of our SSR, there were only 3 cases, of over 7,200, that reported blood. I wouldn't be surprised to find that more than a few of the Missing 411 cases reported a metallic sound.

On 5/2/2020 at 5:46 AM, wiiawiwb said:

I'd love to be able to easily search the Missing 411 cases to see how many of them reported a metallic sound.  Much to my surprise, as I mentioned in another thread, when I did a search of our SSR, there were only 3 cases, of over 7,200, that reported blood. I wouldn't be surprised to find that more than a few of the Missing 411 cases reported a metallic sound.

How? Most witnesses are "missing".

• Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

It goes without saying that persons who've gone missing, and are never found, cannot report such a sound.

It is another member(s) of the party that heard it and have reported such a sound. That is exactly what occurred in the Tom Messick case I alluded to earlier in this thread. The classic point- of-separation issue rearing its ugly head.

On 5/1/2020 at 3:21 PM, SWWASAS said:

Gamma rays are pretty much tied to origins of the Hulk (off planet or atomic power.).  Decaying radioactive material that could only have originated in distant stars but the most common source is cosmic rays hitting the nuclei of normal earth elements.   The other source would be nuclear or thermonuclear devices and their byproducts.   The source they were detecting over Skin Walker ranch was at a dangerous level.    They had a fairly good image of the UFO overhead and it looked very much like one of the top shaped  Nimitz UFO in that it seemed to be surrounded by an undulating zone where light was being distorted.     Only a few things distort light.   Heat, intense magnetism,   and gravity.    Any or all of these is pretty scary to me.   I don't know what is going on at that ranch but much of it seems dangerous to me.  

Which skinwalker report was this? There are so many reports and the site has been known for a while. I know George Knapp has a pretty good book on it which was originally a multi part newspaper series. 

I can't imagine trying to identify and confirm the size, shape, attributes of UFO sightings. It seems every one is unique which to me is a big clue they are contrived. How this is done goes beyond this thread because one thing we do know from humans that have gotten too close is that UFOs are radioactive. What kinds of radioactivity will have to be left to the medical investigations.

From many BF reports, it seems BF just might be radioactive as well. Though a relationship with UFOs is much harder to establish. Lots of intriguing clues though.