Metallic Sounds with Suspected Sasquatch Activity

Tylo

BFF Patron
35 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I think in 1952 there was a report of an Air Force pilot chasing one and shooting a white hot (pure magnesium26 isotope perhaps?) piece off of it. And I think it was Canada's Wilburt B. Smith that said In an interview one time that Canada had about 300 lbs. of UFO debris.

References on websites please?  I can't imagine alien tech being based on magnesium alone.  But hey, it is a metal and makes noise when struck so I am on topic!  If it was 300 lbs of pure magnesium that is a landfill

Edited by bipedalist

If the topic is alloys and UFO wreckage, then you'll want to research Jacques Vallée on that subject.  It is way too dense for me to follow and I'm not sure how he verified the tested metals were actually from UFOs. You'll also find plenty of criticism of his alloy research results but Vallée is one of the very few credible UFOLogists out there.

I'm looking for the articles. In the mean time, I didn't say 300 lbs. of magnesium. I said 300 lbs. of debris. It was the jet incident where there was a white hot piece of something that was shot off a UFO and when the piece was found on the ground it was supposedly still burning white hot. It's deep in my archives somewhere, just have to find it. As far as magnesium26 goes, Ubatuba UFO crash, Brazill 1957: http://www.cufos.org/pdfs/Ubatuba_Residue.pdf 

It seems that data is harder and harder to find these days, and takes more and more time to research. I found an internet location mentioning the piece that was supposedly shot a two ft. diameter "saucer". I also now remember where I first read about it. First the internet site which has a bunch of links in it that now go to HTTP 500 server errors. Maybe someone with a better browser would have better luck with those: https://roswellproof.homestead.com/smith_papers.html

This references  an interview that was conducted by a man named Fitch of Canada's Wilbert B. Smith: 

"In one interview, e.g., he stated that he had been lent a piece of metal for analysis by a very high level U.S.agency which he wouldn't name, the metal allegedly being shot off of a small flying saucer during overflights of Washington D.C. in July, 1952."

I first read about that incident in this book (my go-to for UFO science):

Eddie_011.thumb.jpg.919d7d2d7e69a525a6ecd512f9bc4c46.jpg

Eddie_009.thumb.jpg.5bf46c70c9c803c9823474a0045c3a4a.jpg

Eddie_010.thumb.jpg.83207220c0bbb5e42789e944d451d486.jpg

Edited by hiflier

Ok, ran across a bit more of that interview. Wilbert B. Smith has always been a rather seductive enigma to me. The man s quite fascinating when it comes to UFO history. Canada had quite a roll in the whole thing, especially with their Avrocar company's VZ-9. And BTW, I was mistaken, it wasn't 300 lbs. of UFO debris, it was 3,000 lbs.!!

http://www.hestories.info/compiled-by-david-rudiak.html?page=22

WILBERT B. SMITH

[Smith was a Canadian radio engineer who interviewed Sarbacher in September, 1950, at which point Sarbacher told him flying saucers and aliens were real. Smith headed the Canadian "Project Magnet" from 1950-54, an attempt to understand and replicate flying saucer performance. He was also a member of the government's Canadian Research Group and "Project Second Story," secretly investigating UFOs. The following is from "Flying Saucers -- Serious Business" by Frank Edwards, portions of which are reprinted in Timothy Good's "Above Top Secret"]

(Speaking before the Illuminating Engineering Society, Ottawa, January 11, 1959 on the subject of UFOs) "Various pieces of 'hardware' are known to exist, but are usually clapped into security and are not available to the general public."
(Taped interview by C.W. Fitch and George Popovitch, November, 1961)
Q: Have you ever handled any of this hardware yourself, sir?"
A: Yes. Quite a bit of it. Our Canadian Research Group recovered one mass of very strange metal . . . it was found within a few days of July 1, 1960. There is about three thousand pounds of it. We have done a tremendous amount of detective work on this metal. We have found out the things that aren't so. We have something that was not brought to this Earth by plane nor by boat nor by any helicopter. We are speculating that what we have is a portion of a very large device which came into this solar system . . . we don't know when . . . but it had been in space a long time before it came to earth; we can tell that by the micrometeorites embedded in the surface. But we don't know whether it was a few years ago -- or a few hundred years ago.
Q: You mean then that you have about a ton and a half of something metallic, of unknown origin.
A: That is correct. We can only speculate about it at this time -- and we have done a great deal of that. We have it but we don't know what it is!
Q: I have been told by a mutual friend that in 1952 you showed [Rear] Admiral [H. B.] Knowles [U.S. Navy, Retired] a piece of a flying saucer. Is that statement correct, sir?

A: Yes. It is correct. I visited with Admiral Knowles and I had with me a piece which had been shot from a small flying saucer near Washington in July of that year -- 1952. I showed it to the Admiral. It was a piece of metal about twice the size of your thumb which had been loaned to me for a very short time by your Air Force.

Q: Is this the only piece you have handled which definitely had been part of a UFO, Mr. Smith?
A: No. I've handled several of these pieces of hardware.
Q: In what way, if any, do they differ from materials with which we are familiar?
A: As a general thing they differ only in that they are much harder than our materials.
Q: What about this particular piece from the UFO near Washington . . . did it differ from conventional materials? Was there anything unusual about it?
A: Well, the story behind it is this: The pilot was chasing a glowing disc about two feet in diameter --
Q: Pardon me, sir. But did you say TWO FEET . . .?
A: That is correct. I was informed that the disc was glowing and was about two feet in diameter. A glowing chunk flew off and the pilot saw it glowing all the way to the ground. He radioed his report and a ground party hurried to the scene. The thing was still glowing when they found it an hour later. The entire piece weighed about a pound. The segment that was loaned to me was about one third of that. It had been sawed off.
Q: What did the analysis show?
A: There was iron rust -- the thing was a matrix of magnesium orthosilicate. The matrix had great numbers -- thousands -- of 15-micron spheres scattered through it.
Q: You say that you had to return it -- did you return it to the Air Force?
A: Not the Air Force. Much higher than that.
Q: The Central Intelligence Agency?
A: [Chuckles] I'm sorry, gentlemen, but I don't care to go beyond that point. I can say to you that it went to the hands of a highly classified group. You will have to solve that problem -- their identity -- for yourselves.
(The following is from Canadian researcher Grant Cameron's Web site)

Edited by hiflier

The rabbit trail with UFOs is at least10x deeper than for BF. No metal was shot off a UFO at the DC sighting. This is typical disinformation or researchers manufacturing their own evidence when none exists. Of course the story ends with mysterious men in black confiscating the vital clues.

Edited by Arvedis

45 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

No metal was shot off a UFO at the DC sighting

Yep. It was something I had recalled reading about a number of years and was asked for links. So I provided links :) And you're right, it's a deep, deep multi-layered rabbit hole. Bottomless pit is more like it. For me, there wasn't enough evidence to get to 'yes'. The evidence only ever led to assumptions, so I moved on.

As far as the Bigfoot goes, though, There is a scientific way to actually PROVE or DISPROVE that the creature is out there. But no one wants the answer bad enough to go for it. I've been trying  with just myself but it's not working out that well. I can't apply enough pressure anywhere to get anyone involved. And I'm not referring to the Forum, I'm referring to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, scientific, academic or otherwise. I need help and there is none to be found.

50 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yep. It was something I had recalled reading about a number of years and was asked for links. So I provided links :) And you're right, it's a deep, deep multi-layered rabbit hole. Bottomless pit is more like it. For me, there wasn't enough evidence to get to 'yes'. The evidence only ever led to assumptions, so I moved on.

As far as the Bigfoot goes, though, There is a scientific way to actually PROVE or DISPROVE that the creature is out there. But no one wants the answer bad enough to go for it. I've been trying  with just myself but it's not working out that well. I can't apply enough pressure anywhere to get anyone involved. And I'm not referring to the Forum, I'm referring to ANYONE, ANYWHERE, scientific, academic or otherwise. I need help and there is none to be found.

If you can handle his thick French accent, check out Valee's YouTube presentations. He apparently had access to metal tests that show the isotopes are from metals not from earth. I think that's as far as his claims go though.

No way a clunker fighter jet from the Korean war era took a piece off 😇🤣 (no offense to the airmen who risked life and limb in that era).

What I find intriguing are the witness accounts that have no reasonable explanation. There is a verified account of guy who got too close to one parked on the ground. This was in the 50s I think. He thought it was a government experiment and kind of krept in close. The thing took off suddenly and (apparently not intentionally) blasted him with a substance that burned his clothes off and left burn marks on his body. I know, why wasn't he incinerated? We'll never know but unlikely the guy was hoaxing. He was a family man and his family went poor when he couldn't work and got sick. No MIBs but gov reps did talk to him. He had no answers for what happened.

Edited by Arvedis

Yeah, Vallee seemed credible all the way to the UN, but there were chinks in the armor. But then all of these kinds of guys had to go through looking at things through the military's filters. Vallee, as far as I know, never did any of the metallurgy testing himself. Wilbert, for all his seeming inside expertise and forthcoming information, was part of the entire propaganda Cold War hype regarding the suspicion that the US was going to have, not only advanced materials, but advanced propulsion an weaponry as well. Heck, even Italy, Russia, Germany and the UK had their own brand of "Roswell", so everyone was playing the "UFO game".

The general population was confused and fearful. From there it all evolved into fear of each other nuclear attacks. The perpetrations governments inflicted upon their citizenry goes on to this day. Ah well........ I think Vallee (he's 80 now) even got some kind of resolution to the UN, but it was never adopted by the General Council. I forget what it was. Resolution 426/77? or something like that. I think he worked with the then President of Granada on pushing it. Ah, found it: https://undocs.org/en/A/33/45(SUPP)

"Establishment of an agency or a department of the United Nations for

undertaking, co-ordinating and disseminating the results of research into

unidentified flying objects and related phenomena (item 126)."

Edited by hiflier

FelixTheCat, hope you found information on your friend Lady In Waiting.  I first read a comment under someone's YT video.  I went to her channel and her daughter had uploaded a video with the news.  I'm sorry,, I watched both of your channels.  She had some amazing audio captures.