AreaX

norseman

Thank you so much for this, Norse. My only critique? The don't need the music. I was enthralled enough without it. I now have all 7 videos fired up and ready to watch.

• Thanks 1

Watching something like that it almost makes you feel like there's no point in trying what we do.

If these guys cant prove it when they spend 120 days out and have been for years .

What chance does a casual researcher like my self have or any have.

I believe that it was in this documentary that Kathy Strain made a comment about seeing two of these things and how they effortlessly moved up a hill. She said that it was like a bungee cord that was under tension and suddenly snapped free.  

She said something to the effect of that they were so outclassed by these creatures physically that it was beyond belief.

21 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

If these guys cant prove it when they spend 120 days out and have been for years .

Well, rather than focus on proving, you can focus on understanding, so that when someone does prove existence, you can answer the followup questions like how, why, when, what. 

MIB

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Seems like a promo video for some folks looking to get on TV.

He saw eyes, conical head and nose...but didn't shoot.

They were involved with On The Trail Of Bigfoot and that Rob Lowe paranormal show both.  I thought the same thing...that they were gearing up for their own version of Finding/Killing Bigfoot.

25 minutes ago, MIB said:

Well, rather than focus on proving, you can focus on understanding, so that when someone does prove existence, you can answer the followup questions like how, why, when, what. 

MIB

Good point

BFF Patron
29 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Seems like a promo video for some folks looking to get on TV.

He saw eyes, conical head and nose...but didn't shoot.

Indeed hard to understand how for over a decade one can more or less have a scheduled playdate with a quarry and you've got nothing.....but a TV show.

wasn't this sereis about killing one, I believe I watched and they without a doubt stated they had a tracking device on one. So If you have a tracking device on one and your trying to get a specimen.  well then not to hard to figure out from there. I thought they had some good comments, but overall the same old same old. That much activity you would thgink you would pictures Video, Scat something more than here sey.....

This is my problem with stuff like this..... Hype.... 

Edited by Franco

1 hour ago, 7.62 said:

Watching something like that it almost makes you feel like there's no point in trying what we do.

What chance does a casual researcher like my self have or any have.

Some people play the lottery weekly. And some people just play it once.

Ultimately do what you enjoy.

7 minutes ago, Franco said:

wasn't this sereis about killing one, I believe I watched and they without a doubt stated they had a tracking device on one. So If you have a tracking device on one and your trying to get a specimen.  well then not to hard to figure out from there. I thought they had some good comments, but overall the same old same old. That much activity you would thgink you would pictures Video, Scat something more than here sey.....

This is my problem with stuff like this..... Hype.... 

Have you ever used a Yagi antenna? I had one when I had hounds. It’s more of a broadsword than a scalpel. The new GPS collars are pinpoint, but don’t have long range capabilities.

The yagi's are bout getting in to the Vicinity, Directional.  They have been use for years to track and find animals. I think guys with 120 days in the field. They just making the research look bad.  I dont doubt they have had some encounters. But i think they have gotten to the point where every sound, every branch break is a BF..... 

If I remember right I thought the leader of that group.. was a little bit of a attention getter. I watch alot of these types of shows, gets to the point where if you are getting this much activity you at a min. have something to show for it. and after 120 days. Man o man

Hope your hoildays were Good.

11 minutes ago, Franco said:

The yagi's are bout getting in to the Vicinity, Directional.  They have been use for years to track and find animals. I think guys with 120 days in the field. They just making the research look bad.  I dont doubt they have had some encounters. But i think they have gotten to the point where every sound, every branch break is a BF..... 

If I remember right I thought the leader of that group.. was a little bit of a attention getter. I watch alot of these types of shows, gets to the point where if you are getting this much activity you at a min. have something to show for it. and after 120 days. Man o man

Hope your hoildays were Good.

Their leader Brian once owned this forum! Just a bit of trivia!

I love Kathy. She still helps run this forum as the SC chair. 

I wish em the best of luck. But I prefer to stay here in the PacNW.

I’m guessing areaX resides somewhere in that untouched game reserve.

Its fairly close to Honobia. And Antlers where recently Mark has been having problems on his property.

First pic is zoomed in and a ruler pulled for distance reference.

The second is zoomed out to show the outlying towns.

52F78BBA-5F4E-42E8-9457-B388A1E88D9C.png

F32194CF-3B0F-4D75-9697-07D9CED91732.png

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, norseman said:

Their leader Brian once owned this forum! Just a bit of trivia!

I love Kathy. She still helps run this forum as the SC chair. 

I wish em the best of luck. But I prefer to stay here in the PacNW.

I’m guessing areaX resides somewhere in that untouched game reserve.

Its fairly close to Honobia. And Antlers where recently Mark has been having problems on his property.

First pic is zoomed in and a ruler pulled for distance reference.

The second is zoomed out to show the outlying towns.

52F78BBA-5F4E-42E8-9457-B388A1E88D9C.png

F32194CF-3B0F-4D75-9697-07D9CED91732.png

Hmmm...

Didn't know that Kathy Strain was involved with this forum.  Good to know.  I have enjoyed her work and contributions to the field over the years.