In Search of the Port Chatham Hairy Man

Huntster, we did not get to go back on the same vessel. While the Puk Uk was very nice...it was also very expensive and the second time we went back, it was doing a WW2 tour of the Aleutians.

We spent 2 days there and almost spent a third. The reason we did not stay longer is the reason everything boils down to in the end...money. It cost a lot to rent that boat and every day there was a couple grand. We were lucky we had the time we did.

I'm very proud of the movie however, I realize it is not perfect. The director/editor is not a "Bigfoot person" and he did a great job but did not necessarily insert some of the things that bigfooters would be interested in. There was a lot of discussion and potential evidence that only got a fraction of a second of screen time or ended up not making it in at all.

It is pretty frustrating...from where I sit right now, typing this, I'm only about 40 air miles away from Port Chatham, but it is very difficult to get anyone to take me there. Any trip there requires a lot of logistics and money.

Edited by BeansBaxter78
Fat Fingers
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

I was all for it...and it may hopefully, happen in the future. We did have permission to be there, and have permission to go back. We went back last year and filmed something for the upcoming show Alaska Triangle. I understand it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but where else can you get the footage of that area like we got? In my opinion, it's worth the cost of a viewing just for the scenery alone.

You seemed like the only one who took it serious . If you guys do go out there again take some people like minded as you . Even if you don't see anything just having a good team with you 

makes the trip enjoyable .

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BeansBaxter78 said:

.......the second time we went back, it was doing a WW2 tour of the Aleutians.......

Now THAT would be an incredible trip. Indeed, any trip to the peninsula and Aleutian chain is the adventure of a lifetime. But a WWII tour would be the ultimate. It's the Land That Time Forgot. I worked a few tasks on an official Army operation just before retirement that included recovery work on Attu and some archeological stuff. I didn't get to go out there, but talked with several who did. The work included human remains recovery. The descriptions of abandoned military equipment alone was incredible.

.......It is pretty frustrating...from where I sit right now, typing this, I'm only about 40 air miles away from Port Chatham, but it is very difficult to get anyone to take me there. Any trip there requires a lot of logistics and money.

Nobody can understand your words like another Alaskan. Even the Army knows, as the Attu cleanup some half century after the battle shows. The place is simply harsh, rugged beyond belief, and unforgiving. Even basic tours are expeditions.

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Now THAT would be an incredible trip. Indeed, any trip to the peninsula and Aleutian chain is the adventure of a lifetime. But a WWII tour would be the ultimate. It's the Land That Time Forgot. I worked a few tasks on an official Army operation just before retirement that included recovery work on Attu and some archeological stuff. I didn't get to go out there, but talked with several who did. The work included human remains recovery. The descriptions of abandoned military equipment alone was incredible.

Nobody can understand your words like another Alaskan. Even the Army knows, as the Attu cleanup some half century after the battle shows. The place is simply harsh, rugged beyond belief, and unforgiving. Even basic tours are expeditions.

Yeah, I'm not much of a WW2 nerd, but I'd enjoy that tour. I've never been to the Aleutians, I spent three years on St. Paul Island and that was an experience unto itself.

You've never been alone until you've been alone in Alaska.

• 11 months later...

The folks behind this film started a podcast, "Bigfoot Today."  It's pretty good.

"Bigfoot, bigfoot roaming through the land

Bigfoot, Bigfoot, a hairy ape-like man..." 🎶

https://spokanetalksmedia.com/bigfoot-today-episode-1
https://spokanetalksmedia.com/bigfoot-today-episode-2 <-- Port Chatham episode
https://spokanetalksmedia.com/bigfoot-today-episode-3-bigfoot-of-stevens-county

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1