Larry Battson

norseman

I've been watching this since you posted it. One thing that doesn't make sense is he said the one guy in the navy who saw one on the beach ..

He said that he told him that's when he decided he was going to hunt one. He was a hunter , taxidermist etc.

He then says the guy told him when he was out searching one day he watched 3 of them climb a cliff wall for over a half hour.

Why no shot?

14 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

I've been watching this since you posted it. One thing that doesn't make sense is he said the one guy in the navy who saw one on the beach ..

He said that he told him that's when he decided he was going to hunt one. He was a hunter , taxidermist etc.

He then says the guy told him when he was out searching one day he watched 3 of them climb a cliff wall for over a half hour.

Why no shot?

Maybe it was too far away. Didn’t he say is was around Kitimat BC?

Also I was confused. Wrangell St. Elias is way way up north. But there is a Wrangell Is down by Ketchikan.

14 minutes ago, norseman said:

Maybe it was too far away. Didn’t he say is was around Kitimat BC?

Also I was confused. Wrangell St. Elias is way way up north. But there is a Wrangell Is down by Ketchikan.

I'm pretty sure he did say Kitimat BC

Maybe they were too far but that's a long time to watch them . I guess he could have been watching them with binoculars from a distance but it seems it's something that should have been mentioned . Half hour  on a rock wall with 3 targets ...

Or maybe he just had a change of heart seeing the family together . who knows

Edited by 7.62

42 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Maybe they were too far but that's a long time to watch them . I guess he could have been watching them with binoculars from a distance but it seems it's something that should have been mentioned . Half hour  on a rock wall with 3 targets ...

I’m guessing that’s across a canyon with binos. I think it’s plausible that a Sasquatch better know how to rock climb in that country! Holy Moly.

Or maybe he meant hunt them with dental resin and a camera. A lot of that.

5F04ABC6-BBF0-4600-8564-BA8B0175D612.png

BFF Patron
13 hours ago, 7.62 said:

He said Wrangell Narrows, it is in coastal south east  Alaska, southsoutheast of Admiralty Island, here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wrangell+Narrows,+Alaska+99833/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x540f54b92968e033:0x9fd65b4ecc9b4292?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdzan5__vmAhVuUN8KHc7jBxcQ8gEwEHoECA8QBA

Larry did this for USFWS at a conference in West Virginia one year.  He had an accompanying set of posters and other mementoes of this public service on DVD that he used as outreach and a fundraiser for his wildlife rehab and education operation in Indiana.  He apparently had contacts/friends in the USFWS. 

Edited by bipedalist

On 1/11/2020 at 8:50 AM, bipedalist said:

He said Wrangell Narrows, it is in coastal south east  Alaska, southsoutheast of Admiralty Island, here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wrangell+Narrows,+Alaska+99833/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x540f54b92968e033:0x9fd65b4ecc9b4292?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjdzan5__vmAhVuUN8KHc7jBxcQ8gEwEHoECA8QBA

Larry did this for USFWS at a conference in West Virginia one year.  He had an accompanying set of posters and other mementoes of this public service on DVD that he used as outreach and a fundraiser for his wildlife rehab and education operation in Indiana.  He apparently had contacts/friends in the USFWS. 

No. He had a lone sighting while in the Navy at Wrangell narrows. 

• 1 year later...