Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

3 hours ago, DugasCajun said:

A lady in the next building who is head of the FWS here sent out a Request for Funding.  To study potential bigfoot habitat in Big Thicket NP, Texas, and it didn't go well.  And our office was perfectally set up to do this work and my supervisors just laughed at it.......It was funding.....FUNDING, food on the table and they still turned it down.

If the creature is known about. then why would they laugh? Don't they realize that if the public is told that the creature is real that public pressure to get the necessary funding would save the day? Think of the publishing that could be done just on that creature. AND it would easily fall under all categories like climate change, conservation, habitat creation, habitat monitoring, and a myriad other department supervisor purviews. There would be so much mileage that could be had just because of the nature and needs of such an animal.

16 minutes ago, norseman said:

Does the government know about it?

And there it is. Bottom line, nail on the head, The very thing I've been pushing to find out....from academia....from F&W. That answer has NOTHING to do with funding, habitat preservation, climate change, monitoring, OR publishing. All of those tie-ins would come later once the public is informed. So I will reiterate Norseman's question: Does government know about it?

Because most, if not all of us, don't see how the government WOULDN'T know.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, DugasCajun said:

Sadly it is tied to funding and other protocols.

If one is discovered in a state park, the state will take control.  

If it even touches federal land FWS takes over unless it is a waterway and the COE takes over.

I have worked for the USGS for 22 years, unless this ....and I am a believer...is found within a ecological area, no action. 

Why?  Funding, publishing.  I am willing to push this issue within the agency, but what cred do I have....sigh...

All of you taking the gov route take a break, its not that easy.  

What would be the steps to get the Fish and Wildlife Service to launch a study of bigfoot ? You say one motivation is to publish. You are probably talking about a bigfoot study for state or federal land and in the end, the report is published. I suppose the published report goes out to the important wildlife biologist that focus on large predators. This study would also focus on the health, safety, and welfare of the public which is a basic duty.  Bigfoot is a large predator and is most likely a danger to the public. The DOI should get the facts on bigfoot and inform the public about this predator that kills deer and probably humans.

Do the DOI biologist think bigfoot is a myth?  

Dugascajin said, "Ok, let me imagine a perfect scene.   Bigfoot was confirmed to have come from an ecological sensitive area after some sort of natural disaster, flood, oil spill, hurricane..ect.  $$$$$$$$$$"  What about a 500 acre ecological sensitive area with a 5 acre landslide?  

We are discussing what traits bigfoot has that enables it to evade researchers that want hours of video or hunters that want to shoot one. This is the basis of the thread.  What's your opinion? 

1 hour ago, Incorrigible1 said:

.........Bigfoot corpus delicti, a corpse on a table, changes the whole equation.

I would agree with that, but when and how it would change the equation is almost unpredictable. Believe it or not, I can already hear them say that said corpse is a freak, and another would be required.........no, don't laugh, because that very line was used when the first Homo floresiensis skeleton was extracted. 

58 minutes ago, hiflier said:

.......Does government know about it?

Because most, if not all of us, don't see how the government WOULDN'T know.

They have to know, and at least five national governments have to be complicit.The question should be:

Why are they hiding these creatures? 

There is only one credible answer:

Because they are simultaneously protecting the last dying hominid race from homo sapien contamination and abuse, and protecting themselves from the responsibility of managing relations with this dying race.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Because they are simultaneously protecting the last dying hominid race from homo sapien contamination and abuse, and protecting themselves from the responsibility of managing relations with this dying race.

I would add that they are protecting trillions of dollars in revenue from the many ways that the habitat gets used and abused as well as the billions in revenue generated from the Bigfoot biz- which includes the upsurge of the public/researchers/hunters buying more powerful guns and high tech gear. One needs the clarity of the entire picture of the Bigfoot scene if one wants to understand the lack of government accountability in discovering this creature at the public level 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DugasCajun said:

Interesting comment.........As in back off? Because I don't think there is an "All of you". In fact, I don't know of anyone "taking the gov route" outside of myself.

Speaking of which, where did he/she go?

Edited by hiflier

2 hours ago, DugasCajun said:

Sadly it is tied to funding and other protocols.

If one is discovered in a state park, the state will take control.  

If it even touches federal land FWS takes over unless it is a waterway and the COE takes over.

I have worked for the USGS for 22 years, unless this ....and I am a believer...is found within a ecological area, no action. 

Why?  Funding, publishing.  I am willing to push this issue within the agency, but what cred do I have....sigh...

It really does not matter about the funding . How much does it cost for a bullet to place one of these creatures on a slab and have it sorry butt carried out off the forest in a helo  by the gov. I am sorry but I am not going to listen to your bs on how these science freaks work.  A little woody wood pecker means nothing to some thing as large as what we are about talking that has high value to the military like darpa. But again I have to keep to my silence.  You are the gov. route is not easy so why should we trust you. There is so much conspiracy that it is hard to trust anyone.

Like you said if we shoot one federal land the  gov takes possession of the body. We shoot one on state land  the state land takes over .  If we shoot one on private land the county will then take possession of it which well then go to the state which will then go to the feds. Either way the creature gets shot the feds are going to get their hands on it . Science will not have control over it since the corpse will belong to the feds. Either way there will not be no funds in research since it will be buried in secrecy. If you want to keep pushing the issue you may due so but be prepared to be laughed at like you have .  This is normal to stop the issue .They already have done the research and have the specimen/specimens. My question is what is it that brought you here ?   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, DugasCajun said:

A lady in the next building who is head of the FWS here sent out a Request for Funding.  To study potential bigfoot habitat in Big Thicket NP, Texas, and it didn't go well.  And our office was perfectally set up to do this work and my supervisors just laughed at it.......It was funding.....FUNDING, food on the table and they still turned it down.

Can you tell us more about this attempt?  

I know Sasquatchs are out there and some Fish and Wildlife people have seen them too along with many others including me. My report is on file on our forum. By failing to study and prove there is a bigfoot, the DOI is failing to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public. This is their number one job. There are many reports describing Sasquatch as being aggressive. The American public pays lots of money to be protected from aggressive large forest mammals. Failing to tell the public that Sasquatch is real or withholding this fact, leaves people vulnerable and unaware of a dangerous animal comparable to aggressive Black Bears.

16 minutes ago, georgerm said:

......... By failing to study and prove there is a bigfoot, the DOI is failing to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the public.........

But by pursuing discovery, they risk a significant increase in their own responsibilities, not to mention the same for other federal, state, and foreign agencies and governments. 

Moreover, the struggle and competition for funding might be quite a bit more aggressive than you realize, even among those in the same office, not to mention an entire agency.

17 hours ago, georgerm said:

What would be the steps to get the Fish and Wildlife Service to launch a study of bigfoot ? You say one motivation is to publish. You are probably talking about a bigfoot study for state or federal land and in the end, the report is published. I suppose the published report goes out to the important wildlife biologist that focus on large predators. This study would also focus on the health, safety, and welfare of the public which is a basic duty.  Bigfoot is a large predator and is most likely a danger to the public. The DOI should get the facts on bigfoot and inform the public about this predator that kills deer and probably humans.

Do the DOI biologist think bigfoot is a myth?  

Dugascajin said, "Ok, let me imagine a perfect scene.   Bigfoot was confirmed to have come from an ecological sensitive area after some sort of natural disaster, flood, oil spill, hurricane..ect.  $$$$$$$$$$"  What about a 500 acre ecological sensitive area with a 5 acre landslide?  

We are discussing what traits bigfoot has that enables it to evade researchers that want hours of video or hunters that want to shoot one. This is the basis of the thread.  What's your opinion? 

I should of wrote all this on the premium side, bottom line is, it's all about funding.  Please, PM me for any direct questions, thank you all.  For all that responded I really really and truly respect you . 

29 minutes ago, DugasCajun said:

For all that responded I really really and truly respect you .

Thank you for saying that, DC, means a lot. My last thought is that it's a Catch-22. IOW, it's all about funding, but since very large revenues would be at serious risk, funding could never be granted. So in turn,  the public remains ignorant because it's all about funding which will never happen because...... Sounds like a fairly unending circle of locked up dialogue to me.

Edited by hiflier

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Thank you for saying that, DC, means a lot. My last thought is that it's a Catch-22. IOW, it's all about funding, but since very large revenues would be at serious risk, funding could never be granted. So in turn,  the public remains ignorant because it's all about funding which will never happen because...... Sounds like a fairly unending circle of locked up dialogue to me.

I ain't buying it 

There's something else going on. It has nothing to do funding for research .Grants are a dime a dozen if it's asked for by the right person or organization . 

So I raise the b#ll Sh#t Flag 

https://www.businessinsider.com/james-lankford-federal-fumbles-report-of-government-waste-2017-11

• Upvote 1

And I 100% agree as my facetious post demonstrates. Soil nematodes get funding for pete's sake. Federal funds are available for some of the most what the public would consider the most ridiculous things. An eight foot tall hairy biped running around National Forests is ANYTHING but ridiculous. IMHO, it's the most serious thing one could think of. Watch a stabilized version of the PGF and tell me it's not true.

29 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

There's something else going on.

Yes, it's called money, lots and lots of very big money. The reason I'm personally going after academic science is to build the case. In order to do that I need knowledge and answers to some very pointed scientific inquiry. And it's a talk I'm ready to have. It's why focusing on e-DNA is so critical on a number of levels. I truly believe that the nuts and bolts of discovery lay in that technology and my dialogue is being shaped accordingly. It why I've learned about things like "phylogenetic inference" and other terms. DNA, RNA, genes, loci, alleles, base pairs, PCR, high throughput, BLAST, MOTU, metabarcoding, markers, phenotypes, and all other manner of understanding DNA testing and field sample protocols. If I'm going to sit down with someone I want to be able to debate the process of species determination as it would apply to something previously unknown/unrecognized. As it is, I don't know nearly enough, but I think I can hold my own given the chance, and that chance is coming in just a couple of days :smoke: 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

I don't think it's money or race relations (seriously?).

The question of existence brings down almost the entire accepted human existence question/history for many billions of people.

It's called stability and power (IMO).

Sincerely good luck

That's  why our newest member here while I respect his time and his former job or present seems to have an agenda . Just something I don''t like about this.

I'm sure I'll get down votes for this but I'm saying it . Our other new member who is also quite active rubs me the wrong way and I pretend he's not here .

6 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I don't think it's money or race relations (seriously?).

The question of existence brings down almost the entire accepted human existence question/history for many billions of people.

It's called stability and power (IMO).

That's another aspect that would come into play. It would be as earth shattering as if aliens landed and said we started your world.

Here's the proof ...

Edited by 7.62