Why can't we find and study Bigfoot?

georgerm

28 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Sincerely good luck

That's  why our newest member here while I respect his time and his former job or present seems to have an agenda . Just something I don''t like about this.

I'm sure I'll get down votes for this but I'm saying it . Our other new member who is also quite active rubs me the wrong way and I pretend he's not here .

That's another aspect that would come into play. It would be as earth shattering as if aliens landed and said we started your world.

Here's the proof ...

I don't know who you are referencing without you using the @ and typing their name.

And you're right on the same if aliens came and said the same.

If we are suppressing this because if we don't, BFs will start coming out of the woods to demand tribal land...then they are aliens...

51 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Sincerely good luck

I thank you for that. I would also like to thank many other members for their encouragements and support since I began this venture. It has all helped greatly in keeping me motivated to stay the course. Anyone wishing to embark on a particular path of discovery, whatever it may be, there is much to be said about learning as much as one can ahead of time should an opportunity for follow through ever occur. In the confidence-building department it can't be beat and allows one to start out so much further along in any dialogue that may present itself. I can't tell you how glad I am for knowing what I now know. I owe the nudging to learn more all to everyone here on the BFF and am grateful.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

Thank you for saying that, DC, means a lot. My last thought is that it's a Catch-22. IOW, it's all about funding, but since very large revenues would be at serious risk, funding could never be granted. So in turn,  the public remains ignorant because it's all about funding which will never happen because...... Sounds like a fairly unending circle of locked up dialogue to me.

Hiflier you have done much to further our knowledge of bigfoot. Thanks. I support your efforts to use eDNA to track bigfoot. 

The Center for Disease Control gets funding to study HIV, Cancer, and other dangerous health conditions. The public demands this. I believe the public demands to know about Bigfoot and what dangers are associated with them. Bigfoot has been reported to be aggressive and sometimes dangerous. We don't know how many citizens have been carried off by a hungry bigfoot that can be aggressive like a Black Bear. Funding to get to the bottom of the bigfoot natural science question is imperative so hikers and hunters can be alert and remain safe. When coming face to face with a bigfoot you need to know what to do.  Has the DOI failed to inform people? 

Edited by georgerm
improve
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, georgerm said:

Hiflier you have done much to further our knowledge of bigfoot. Thanks. I support your efforts to use eDNA to track bigfoot. 

The Center for Disease Control gets funding to study HIV, Cancer, and other dangerous health conditions. The public demands this. I believe the public demands to know about Bigfoot and what dangers are associated with them. Bigfoot has been reported to be aggressive and sometimes dangerous. We don't know how many citizens have been carried off by a hungry bigfoot that can be aggressive like a Black Bear. Funding to get to the bottom of the bigfoot natural science question is imperative so hikers and hunters can be alert and remain safe. When coming face to face with a bigfoot you need to know what to do.  Has the DOI failed to inform people? 

One bear or cougar fatality on  a human is is front page national news . Who  knows if there have been some missing hunter and hikers that have fallen victim to a rouge bigfoot?

Anything is possible 

28 minutes ago, georgerm said:

The public demands this. I believe the public demands to know about Bigfoot and what dangers are associated with them.

Much as I hate to disagree, I must. The public isn't in any way demanding to know about Bigfoot. Few here on the BFF are even demanding to know and we, of all people, know what most everyone else doesn't. Over two years ago Todd Standing went to court in Canada....essentially demanding the truth. It got tossed. Nearly two years ago Claudia Ackley was almost in court in San Bernardino, California for the same reason- to try and force California to admit existence. She pulled the case and hasn't been heard from since unless facebook and a couple a podcasts count. Beyond that I don't think the public is demanding much of anything. But they watch the TV shows and go to the movies, conferences...etc....etc....and get ridiculed ;) Why the general public, even a fraction of it, doesn't demand the truth is beyond me.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Huntster said:

But by pursuing discovery, they risk a significant increase in their own responsibilities, not to mention the same for other federal, state, and foreign agencies and governments. 

Moreover, the struggle and competition for funding might be quite a bit more aggressive than you realize, even among those in the same office, not to mention an entire agency.

You have a point Huntster. Yes, if bigfoot is brought into the Fish and Wildlife Service in Oregon, their funding for animal studies would need immediate reorganizing.  It would be worth the effort if bigfoot is brought in tomorrow. Oregon state and the DOI should all ready be in the process to stop any hunting of bigfoots with fines and jail time that gets the attention of the most stubborn hunters. The federal government and state would need to pass premade laws regulating entry into bigfoot habitats. Areas where bigfoot resides with its family would be closed off until the DOI gets a handle on the situation. Yes,  funding of less important creatures would be pushed to the back so bigfoot could be funded and studied. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Much as I hate to disagree, I must. The public isn't in any way demanding to know about Bigfoot. Few here on the BFF are even demanding to know and we, of all people, know what most everyone else doesn't. Over two years ago Todd Standing went to court in Canada....essentially demanding the truth. It got tossed. Nearly two years ago Claudia Ackley was almost in court in San Bernardino, California for the same reason- to try and force California to admit existence. She pulled the case and hasn't been heard from since unless facebook and a couple a podcasts count. Beyond that I don't think the public is demanding much of anything. But they watch the TV shows and go to the movies, conferences...etc....etc....and get ridiculed ;) 

It's ok to disagree since you make lots of sense...... most of the time.  Hiflier the public is made up of all kinds of people that live in cities, rural areas, and in the deep forest where bigfoot resides. Most have formed opinions about bigfoot. I will rephrase, "an unknown percentage of the public would like to know if bigfoot exists or not."  This won't happen but at every state or national park, a greeter could pose this question as people enter the park. The question: Would you like to know if bigfoot lives in our forest and poses a risk to the public?  What percent might say yes, and they want to know?  Ok, it may be low, but do we give up?  

I say those who study bigfoot should keep trying by going to court to prove bigfoot exists. We already have an overload of evidence which wins civil or criminal court cases. Eye witnesses are called, foot prints brought in, and finally e DNA is presented, then the jury comes back in favor of bigfoot. Criminals are sent to prison or the gas chamber with fingerprint evidence, DNA, and  eye witness testimony. 

Have we lost DC from the DOI? I hope not. 

36 minutes ago, georgerm said:

You have a point Huntster. Yes, if bigfoot is brought into the Fish and Wildlife Service in Oregon, their funding for animal studies would need immediate reorganizing.  It would be worth the effort if bigfoot is brought in tomorrow. Oregon state and the DOI should all ready be in the process to stop any hunting of bigfoots with fines and jail time that gets the attention of the most stubborn hunters. The federal government and state would need to pass premade laws regulating entry into bigfoot habitats. Areas where bigfoot resides with its family would be closed off until the DOI gets a handle on the situation. Yes,  funding of less important creatures would be pushed to the back so bigfoot could be funded and studied. 

If it turned out BF was a general threat to humans and was an intelligent hominid kidnapping elderly, women and children...or some sort of alien species...

Should we really stop people from going out and stacking up bodies? Shoot, some people here think the military is already doing this.

I don't believe either of the two points above to be true, but I'm playing devil's advocate against your absolute point(s).

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, georgerm said:

It's ok to disagree since you make lots of sense...... most of the time.

LOL, I like that :) 

22 minutes ago, georgerm said:

This won't happen but at every state or national park, a greeter could pose this question as people enter the park. The question: Would you like to know if bigfoot lives in our forest and poses a risk to the public? 

I like that, too, but you're right, it won't happen. In fact, I'll bet the greeters will be laughed at with visitors thinking the question is some kind of a joke.

Edited by hiflier

22 hours ago, georgerm said:

Dugascajin said, "Ok, let me imagine a perfect scene.   Bigfoot was confirmed to have come from an ecological sensitive area after some sort of natural disaster, flood, oil spill, hurricane..ect.  $$$$$$$$$$"  What about a 500 acre ecological sensitive area with a 5 acre landslide?  

Georgerm

See Georgerm this has already happen when St Helen erupted which was a natural disaster . A lot of wild life did die in that eruption and this includes these creatures . Our Gov was able to get their hands on these creatures after the eruption. They were even able to get there hands on some live ones that were burned and treated for those burns. So there right there was their perfect case to confirm that these creatures were real. What makes it also so good is that that it also makes it perfect to deny that what people witness never happen.  

So do you really believe that you can trust the word of some government official who has no authority to speak about what our gov knows about these creatures . One who is all of a sudden coming on a forum talking about funding to study these creatures when the funding has already been given into the study of these creature and has been hidden from the public. If he is coming on a public forum and talking about these creatures  and works for the gov then why should we PM. Why not make it public on what he really knows . Just come out with it and not make it so secretive . There is not a lot to hide that we might not already know now.  Make it public knowledge on a public forum.  Let people know what is really going on . Dugas cajan

See I am for Open Disclosure.

Edited by ShadowBorn
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

Georgerm

See Georgerm this has already happen when St Helen erupted which was a natural disaster . A lot of wild life did die d in that eruption and this includes these creatures . Our Gov was able to get their hands on these creatures after the eruption. They were even able to get there hands on some live ones that were burned and treated for those burns. So there right there was their perfect case to confirm that these creatures were real. What makes it also so good is that that it also makes it perfect to deny that what people witness never happen.  

So do you really believe that you can trust the word of some government official who has no authority to speak about what our gov knows about these creatures . One who is all of a sudden coming on a forum talking about funding to study these creatures when the funding has already been given into the study of these creature and has been hidden from the public. If he is coming on a public forum and talking about these creatures  and works for the gov then why should we PM. Why not make it public on what he really knows . Just come out with it and not make it so secretive . There is not a lot to hide that we might not already know now.  Make it public knowledge on a public forum.  Let people know what is really going on . Dugas cajan

ShadowBorn well phrased comment and your points are well taken but we need proof. What you are saying is a theory but a good one at that. Can you find published evidence. 

Our Gov was able to get their hands on these creatures after the  eruption.  

Again, the proof of this is yet to be published for the public to read. What part of the government? DOI, Army, Forest Service Law Enforcement and we can go on and on.  I've read some detailed accounts of the military bringing wounded bigfoots to a medical center while the dead ones were trucked away. Who can verify this? Can the Army at Fort Lewis, Washington, please answer this question?

when the funding has already been given into the study of these creature and has been hidden from the public.

We have no proof of that but there are in-you-endos or hear-say that point in that direction. Can you post some examples? 

I would like to ask the DOI.  1. Has the DOI hired experts to study dead bigfoots?     2. Have you mapped areas as designated habitat for bigfoot? 3. Is moderate clear cut logging in bigfoot habitat conducive for healthy bigfoots? (deer eat bush leaves from shrubs filling in a clear cut)  

4 hours ago, 7.62 said:

.........Grants are a dime a dozen if it's asked for by the right person or organization.........

.....or, more accurately, for the right research subject........

If it's for the incorrect research subject, I don't care who you are. You ain't getting paid.

Been there, done that.........

25 minutes ago, georgerm said:

I would like to ask the DOI.  1. Has the DOI hired experts to study dead bigfoots?     2. Have you mapped areas as designated habitat for bigfoot? 3. Is moderate clear cut logging in bigfoot habitat conducive for healthy bigfoots? (deer eat bush leaves from shrubs filling in a clear cut)

Somebody should. Want my gut feeling on that? I don't think we are ready to ask. And I mean that sincerely. To have a case strong enough to back up the request is going to require quite a bit of work. In courts they call it an ironclad case. We don't have one. It's why we're here: To try and develop one. Of course a dead BF would seal the deal but irrefutable proof in any form will do. Not evidence mind you, PROOF. The DOI or any other agency can dance around all it wants, or needs to, right now. Get proof and the dismissals will stop.

24 minutes ago, norseman said:

This thread is making me want to wash my hands of the whole thing....

Please don't, your chances are still way better than mine. Which is to say, science will still want a body even if they have DNA. I know they will, and you know they will. And even though I'm trying to stay positive, the route I'm taking may just crash and burn big time. In which case you need to get on your horse, or hitch a ride to Antlers with Huntster sometime in March ;) 

Edited by hiflier