The Ketchum Report

...and so much for not discussing anything before publishing in scientific journals:

About the Denisovan genome:

A year ago, researchers published the first rough draft of the genome of an archaic girl who lived in Denisova Cave, Siberia, at least 30,000 years ago.

"The genome is of very high quality," said Matthias Meyer, who developed the techniques that made the technical feat possible.

The group plans to present a paper describing the genome later this year.

"But we want to make it freely available to everybody already now," said Svante Paabo, director of the Department of Genetics at the Max Planck Institute. "We believe that many scientists will find it useful in their research."

The genome is available as a public data set via Amazon Web Services (AWS).

...and if memory serves me right, The Max Planck Institute also announced the what, when and where of the Neandertal Genome Project before it was even launched and the sub-studies in between.

By the way, I don´t attack The Ketchum Project for having chosen not to present anything from their project - it´s their right!

Edited by darwinist

"The proof will be in the pudding so to speak" But the last I checked, pudding as an expiration date. I hope the pudding is what it has been cooked up to be. Happy memorial day everyone!!!!

Of all the ranches in the country they could have visited, they show up at Ketchum's, and unexpected at that.

Isn't her ranch in Texas? That would be a massive coincidence, considering there is zero chance that BF exists anywhere near Texas. The only thing I believe is that she may have a ranch.

Summitwalker,

Get a friend, take a trip to Texas, maybe around Sabine River, sleep out under the stars, bring an extra pair of shorts cause you will need them. As far as Melba's place, I have no idea.........

• Upvote 2

Dudes, instead of spare shorts, bring a kilt. That way, you can run away and do whetever else is necessary at the same time!

Guest OntarioSquatch

zero chance that BF exists anywhere near Texas.

B)

A few miles northeast of Whitesboro, Texas is one of the most squatchy areas. Not only that. The reports back it up as well.

16403100.jpg

22478885.jpg

22478043.jpg

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=8543

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=2018

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=9853

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=24967

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=24682

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=10422

^all within only several miles

Guest Nalajr

So.....video AND audio in her possession and she won't release any of it. And this from someone who CLAIMS that all this is to PROTECT Sassy.

Out of tens or maybe HUNDREDS of thousands of people in the woods and who knows how many trail cams looking for Sassy over the many years and no credible video or pics and then, as if by magic, not one, but a whole FAMILY of Sassy's show up on the property of the person that just so happens to be compiling a study to prove SASSY is real.

I've got to ask.....is there anyone on here that REALLY believes this? I mean REALLY believes what she is saying?

Fonzie has jumped the shark.

Nalajr

She wouldn't happen to be married to a guy named BUGS would she?

Nalajr

...Fonzie has jumped the shark.

Nalajr

She wouldn't happen to be married to a guy named BUGS would she?

Nalajr

I must have watched that a dozen times just to make sure he made it ! ! ! :o

Edited by Ace!

Guest OntarioSquatch

That's also one of my favorites. I can't imagine how scared that man could have been lol!

After 2 weeks of silence, I expected more rambling than that on the fb page. I especially expected to see the 2 posters dogging the Oxford study. No mention, I'm surprised. If you had to wager today who would publish first, Ketchum or Sykes, who would you lay your money on?

Guest shoot1

...and so much for not discussing anything before publishing in scientific journals:

About the Denisovan genome:

A year ago, researchers published the first rough draft of the genome of an archaic girl who lived in Denisova Cave, Siberia, at least 30,000 years ago.

"The genome is of very high quality," said Matthias Meyer, who developed the techniques that made the technical feat possible.

The group plans to present a paper describing the genome later this year.

"But we want to make it freely available to everybody already now," said Svante Paabo, director of the Department of Genetics at the Max Planck Institute. "We believe that many scientists will find it useful in their research."

The genome is available as a public data set via Amazon Web Services (AWS).

...and if memory serves me right, The Max Planck Institute also announced the what, when and where of the Neandertal Genome Project before it was even launched and the sub-studies in between.

By the way, I don´t attack The Ketchum Project for having chosen not to present anything from their project - it´s their right!

I think the difference is not only in academic credibility and financial motivation, but also professionalism. It seems obvious to me that a prestigious institution like The Max Planck Institute could do whatever it wants with Sasquatch data, while an unknown person like Ketchum can't. But whatever is going on with Ketchum, she isn't handling it well. A publicist would be able to straighten out this mess easily, probably by simply being more transparent about what is going on behind the scenes. They wouldn't have to reveal the results, all they need to do is go into detail about what is taking so long. If the paper got kicked back, or there is a lawsuit, or she is trying to get some kind of deal with some kind of a media company, simply being forthright and stating these things would be good enough. I can also understand her sitting on multimedia proof of Sasquatch being on her property - if that is indeed true - but she should have not said anything until after the paper is released. The rants on Facebook are odd and make her look less credible every time she makes a post.

Sykes, without a doubt.

I have to agree. Ketchum's communication skills are disheartening. If she has legitimate data then she needs to stay on point in the lab and hire a publicist, social media consultant, or consultant to help with reputation management. Heck, I'd volunteer to do it if I had any confidence in her.

Edited by shoot1