The Ketchum Report

Guest Nalajr

Shouldn't you be used to it by now?

My crystall ball, which has been correct for over 2 years now, says to hunker down fot a WHOLE LOT LONGER.

Nalajr

Guest Darrell

My crystall ball, which has been correct for over 2 years now, says to hunker down fot a WHOLE LOT LONGER.

Hope your crystall ball is more accurate than my BS meter, which is pegged.

Guest Darrell

I wonder how long before Robert Lindsay tells us it will be published in June for sure.

He does have the insider info on it doesnt he? My opinion is the "report" will be posted on a Ketchum website in an "abridged" form and never see real publication. Maybe the Bigfoot Times will publish it after peer review.

How long would it take from the final revisions being completed and the paper being turned back in, to publication?

Maybe Saskeptic can answer this one from earlier?

Guest Darrell

Maybe Saskeptic can answer this one from earlier?

Good question. Im not sure about academic publications but with commercial magazines its usually about 3 to 12 months for feature articles from approval to publication. Black Belt magazine is about 6 months. Combat Handguns, Tactical Knives, and Swat are 3 to 4 months. Journal of Asian Martial Arts, which tries to be an academic publication, is a year.

In response to the question regarding timing for review of publications . Our last publication took 6 months from initial submission until acceptance with the actual in print publication not becoming available until 9 months after acceptance . However, the paper was available online as an E pub within a month or so after acceptance . The paper required one set of revisions and therefore went out for review twice . IN each case ,the reviews came back within a few weeks time . I have had other papers take somewhat longer , but this was usually due to requiring another round or two of reviews or more extensive follow up experiments on our end .However, having said this , I dont think any of them took in excess of 1 year from initial submission until acceptance. Additionally, we just submitted another paper recently . It went out to the journal editor on May 6th and we just got the reviews back from the reviewers late last week . My area is molecular biology and cancer research and therefore the journals in this area may differ a little from those in others . I think Saskeptic is a wildlife biologist ( I apologize if I am incorrect with this ) , and therefore his experience may be a bit more relevant .

Edited by crystal

Guest Darrell

So how long has the Ketchum paper been out for review? And why wont she disclose what publication she submitted the paper to?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Dr. Ketchum stated Adrian Erickson has good video of Bigfoot. And if some of the rumors we've heard are true, then PGF denialists will have a lot more on their hands to debunk lol!

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest mitchw

What's the under-over for this thread reaching two hundred pages before the Ketchum Paper leaves the gate?

(Too meta?)

I will speculate that everything is done, multiple revisions all wrapped up, and final paper handed back in.