The Ketchum Report

From this information it would appear that Ketchum may pass Meldrum and may challenge Moneymaker for the most money made off those who believe in Bigfoot. The numbers are fragmentary so I could be wrong.

I'm thinking pretty much the same thing.

Fame seems to be addicting, and there seem to be a few fame addicts involved, add in the money, and anything is possible.

Many people can become household names after all of this breaks into prime time news.

Guest HairyGreek

First of all, there are some untruths here.

I do agree with calling it the Ketchum Project.

However, let me give you an example of how the two projects are tied together. It was Erickson's idea to try to get DNA for BF, after he shot all his video and then realized that all the video on Earth would never convince any skeptics. So they decided to get DNA. They shopped around all sorts of DNA folks and could not get anyone. Finally, they settled on Ketchum because she was the only one who would touch BF. It was Erickson who got her started on this whole DNA project in the first place. She has left that out of recent interviews.

Something else: Do you realize that Erickson's contract with Ketchum says that she must release her DNA findings at the exact same time that he releases his video findings? If she releases her findings ahead of his videos, he can sue her and he may just do that.

Further, Erickson's contract with Ketchum says that if any of Erickson's samples are found to be BF's, they must all be included in the study. There is some question of whether or not she is going to do that. Erickson had six samples, and they all tested as coming from BF on DNA. All 6 of those must be included in the study.

As you can see, the Erickson Project and the Ketchum DNA study have more than a tangential relationship.

Erickson mostly wants to disentangle himself from her name for legal reasons, I think. According to Erickson, the EP is 3 whole human beings. Whenever you refer to the EP, you must only be referring to those 3 human beings. If not, you are not referring to the EP. I suspect there are legal reasons for that. In short, Erickson's formal distancing himself from Ketchum is a legalese sort of an act, and they are quite a lot more entwined than you have let on here.

You need to read this. If you can refute the timeline with actual documented facts, I am sure we would all be happy to hear it.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/7226-new-update-posted-today/

Edited by HairyGreek

It was Erickson's idea to try to get DNA for BF

Well how original !?! Who else would have thought of that ??!! Paulides says he was the one who started the DNA project with Ketchum. Could these people be all speaking of their own persuits instead of Ketchums?

Guest HairyGreek

Fame seems to be addicting, and there seem to be a few fame addicts involved, add in the money, and anything is possible.

Many people can become household names after all of this breaks into prime time news.

I think he is being a sarcastic skeptic...just my read on this.

Guest HairyGreek

Well how original !?! Who else would have thought of that ??!! Paulides says he was the one who started the DNA project with Ketchum. Could these people be all speaking of their own persuits instead of Ketchums?

From Erickson's "Sasquatch the Quest" website under the Ketchum bio:

In 2008, Dr. Ketchum recieved two samples from alleged Sasquatch that gave some unusual DNA results. One sample was from a TV show. The publicity from that show triggered the submission of a large number of samples that were allegedly obtained from Sasquatch. Though those two samples were consumed without conclusive evidence, the findings were interesting enough to warrant further investigation. As a result of the examination of these two samples and the influx of new samples, Dr Ketchum then set out to design a research program aimed at proving or disproving, once and for all, the existence of Sasquatch. Adrian Erickson and "The Erickson Project" has been one of the active participants in this project, and a major supporter. The results of this exhaustive study will be revealed this year.

BFF Patron
It was Erickson who got her started on this whole DNA project in the first place. She has left that out of recent interviews.

I would say this is going to have to be backed up with a source....perhaps he contributed some samples, perhaps he contributed as a financial backer..... perhaps.... $70,000 was the amount mentioned he kicked-in in the other thread and it certainly sounds like a lot of "perhaps" Question is: was this buy in? paying for his own samples to be run? Paying for other promising samples that passed the screening? Combination of some or all?

Guest Silver Fox

My understanding is that Erickson enlisted Ketchum to do this project, and signed a bunch of contracts with her along the way. They searched through a lot of labs, but no one would do it. Then they settled on Ketchum.

Paulides is showboating and I think he's an ego case. People connected with the Erickson and Ketchum Projects are confused about why he seems to be taking credit for it. Just more ego if you ask me.

Guest Silver Fox

From Erickson's "Sasquatch the Quest" website under the Ketchum bio:

In 2008, Dr. Ketchum recieved two samples from alleged Sasquatch that gave some unusual DNA results. One sample was from a TV show. The publicity from that show triggered the submission of a large number of samples that were allegedly obtained from Sasquatch. Though those two samples were consumed without conclusive evidence, the findings were interesting enough to warrant further investigation. As a result of the examination of these two samples and the influx of new samples, Dr Ketchum then set out to design a research program aimed at proving or disproving, once and for all, the existence of Sasquatch. Adrian Erickson and "The Erickson Project" has been one of the active participants in this project, and a major supporter. The results of this exhaustive study will be revealed this year.

I think that isn't really correct. My understanding is that the EP folks picked Ketchum to do that. Her release contracts are all tied in with Erickson's film stuff. It's all one big package.

Guest Silver Fox

I don't want to be famous! This fame stuff is driving me crazy. I've been really nervous since all this started. All I get is the negative side. I have a whole world of haters now. Where's the positive side? Where's the money and the women?

BFF Patron

ditto

Erickson had six samples, and they all tested as coming from BF on DNA. All 6 of those must be included in the study.

This is interesting though......so that's six plus one plus ? ....... seems the numbers are adding up in a positive direction according to the reports here on this forum.

Guest Silver Fox

ditto

This is interesting though......so that's six plus one plus ? ....... seems the numbers are adding up in a positive direction according to the reports here on this forum.

More than that. They have a total of 20 samples that have tested positive for BF's so far, or to put it in a better way, they have samples from 20 separate BF individuals. A better way to describe Erickson's samples is that they come from 6 different BF individuals.

Paulides is showboating and I think he's an ego case. People connected with the Erickson and Ketchum Projects are confused about why he seems to be taking credit for it. Just more ego if you ask me.

I can understand a bit of showboating, everyone wants their due credit.

In 2008, Dr. Ketchum recieved two samples from alleged Sasquatch that gave some unusual DNA results. One sample was from a TV show.

This here from Hairygreeks post, sounds like Erickson is giving credit to Paulides for opening Ketchums mind with one of his samples. Paulides writes about it in his book, and even prints a copy of the letter Ketchum wrote him. BTW I'll vouch for her writing style on that one.

Edited by southernyahoo