The Ketchum Report

I don't want to be famous! This fame stuff is driving me crazy.

Well you must be after something SF, didn't you want to be the one who broke the big story? Duty and all that.

BBF members- forget about the fame, women and money etc. I believe Melba Ketchum is handling everything by the book in a most professional way. Why can't we just all wait until the journal and everything else instead of spinning our wheels on things we know very little of. I could be very exciting and revealing , let just exersise a little patience now. ptangier

Guest bsruther

When I think of the quest to prove Bigfoot and all of the researchers that have been involved for so many years, it reminds me of a marathon. The marathon I'm thinking of isn't an honest one though. It has people dressed up in running clothes, waiting in the shadows, at the last quarter mile of the race. When the front runners go by, the cheaters jump in, cross over the finish line and share in the glory. Some spectators see them some don't.

Not referring to anyone in particular, just my take on what I see in general.

A lot of us knew this day would come. I mean the day when the hairy people would be exposed. They are NOT apes. They are people with feelings, families and in the scheme of things really don't eat too much. After reading extensively about how the Indians were driven out of their homelands, betrayed by the government and so on, I cannot feel good about another tribe being discovered and catalogued (I don't like that word).

This all makes me very sad and if I could I would ask their forgiveness for outing them.

it really dosent matter exactly what the report is called guys, what matters is there might be some vindication from what we have been hearing, seeing, smelling all these years.......and thats enough for me at least.......

BFF Patron
Paulides writes about it in his book, and even prints a copy of the letter Ketchum wrote him. BTW I'll vouch for her writing style on that one.

Which of his books was that one in?

I have both of them, I'll dig it out this evening and give a page number if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Guest Dudlow

B) I share your sentiments, 'Sunflower', and feel the same way. Soon the genie will be out of the bottle. God help the poor Sasquatch.

- Dudlow

Guest Dudlow

B) 'SweetSusiq', thank you so much for your efforts in posting the New Update. It condenses, consolidates and simplifies the confusing details discussed in so many different threads here on the Forum. I now have a more accurate picture of what is really going on.

- Dudlow

Which of his books was that one in?

Tribal Bigfoot, pages 253, 372 & 373. The book was published in 2009 . The letter published on page 253 is dated December 19th 2008 and the one on page 372 is dated March 21st 2009.

It is from HIS site man. Good Lord...

http://www.sasquatch...dnatesting.html

I believe this quote is referencing Paulides early results from one of his samples.

Ketchum says...

"Well, we had two samples... those two samples actually turned into something a little bit different? And I was foolish; I wasted a lot of the DNA because I wasn't believing I was going to get anything. We did get some interesting results and they were just... it was different results for different types of testing, though, so we couldn't combine the two and go anywhere with it. And, like I say, we didn't have enough DNA to continue on with it. As a result, we just had to let it go... but it led me to believe that there might be something worth looking for.

I don't want to be famous! This fame stuff is driving me crazy. I've been really nervous since all this started. All I get is the negative side. I have a whole world of haters now. Where's the positive side? Where's the money and the women?

I know it has to be hard on you SF, all that work you put into creating 20+ threads, and counting, on the same subject, all those radio shows you have been on, and the late nights in the BFF chat room. It would wear on anyone after awhile. Personally, I wouldn't exactly consider myself famous for being well known in the bigfoot community but everyone has their own ideas of what fame is.

If it gets to be too much though, you know what they say SF, "If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen". Here is another good one, "Fame is a bright flower, but weeds abound mostly around it" and last but not least, my favorite from Oprah Winfrey, the pinnacle of all wisdom, “If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.â€

Words to live by.......

• Upvote 1

I heard a Podcast from November 2010 with Ketchum and Paulides. On a couple of occasions, Ketchum deferred to Paulides to answer a question. Erickson even called in at one point.

Notice: I have attempted to merge Susie's thread about "What's in a Name" with this one. I want to apologize in advance if it didn't work. I'm still learning the technical side of things. PM's will be forthcoming for the creators of the two threads.

When I think of the quest to prove Bigfoot and all of the researchers that have been involved for so many years, it reminds me of a marathon. The marathon I'm thinking of isn't an honest one though. It has people dressed up in running clothes, waiting in the shadows, at the last quarter mile of the race. When the front runners go by, the cheaters jump in, cross over the finish line and share in the glory. Some spectators see them some don't.

Not referring to anyone in particular, just my take on what I see in general.

Cheaters. :lol: