The Ketchum Report

Guest OntarioSquatch

I see what you're saying. Her intergrity may be shot, but isn't a study with verifiable, repeatable evidence still possible? Not saying it's gonna happen, but I would think the content of her character wouldn't change the make up of the saliva on Derek Randle's game cam.

Exactly! It probably wouldn't. That's why many of the people who know the samples are legit have a lot of confidence in the study.

Guest spurfoot

The wisest course of action for all is to assume everyone is acting honorably. It is also necessary to assume that day to day life's circumstances can cause anyone to act in mistake, or, to be disabled from acting in the best possible way. In other words, forgiveness of minor transgressions is a desirable part of one's own behavior since no one is perfect 100% of the time.

It is also best to take into account that text communication on a forum is prone to misinterpretation because visual cues and verbal clues are missing. Assume the best, not the worst. Until solid proof is available otherwise, assume everyone acts honorably. Rumors and "gang ups" are not proof.

I think in hind sight, the originators of this study should have vetted the lab and the scientist better. Maybe they had no choice, maybe no one else would take it on, or maybe money came into play. I would think a major University should have been sought if possible. I think the most probable answer was the level of belief from the tester, and that is where it might have come unhinged.

Well well.Dyer just upped the ante HUGE. He invited a true skeptic...Musky Allen...to come out within the next two weeks to view the body.

No strings attatched. Dyer even offered to PAY FOR THE PLANE FARE! Allen agreed to come out and will let Dyer know when by tomorrow.

We're going to know VERY soon if Dyer is blowing smoke or not....unless Allen flakes out..which I would find hard to believe.

Darrell,

IIRC, George Noory has gone on the record as having read the paper, no?

Spell check

Edited by indiefoot

Well well.Dyer just upped the ante HUGE. He invited a true skeptic...Musky Allen...to come out within the next two weeks to view the body.

No strings attatched. Dyer even offered to PAY FOR THE PLANE FARE! Allen agreed to come out and will let Dyer know when by tomorrow.

We're going to know VERY soon if Dyer is blowing smoke or not....unless Allen flakes out..which I would find hard to believe.

Put this post here instead of the *Dyer* topic. I'm going to post it there...all follow ups should go there as well. Sorry 'bout that.

Guest RedRatSnake

Why do folks that claim this kind of stuff, use others in the BF field to verify their claims, what's wrong with asking some news team or university, etc, to authenticate the evidence.

Tim :dontknow:

Why do folks that claim this kind of stuff, use others in the BF field to verify their claims, what's wrong with asking some news team or university, etc, to authenticate the evidence.

Tim :dontknow:

I listened to the radio clip...Dyer said he wanted an established SKEPTIC to view the body. Allen is an established skeptic.

According to Dyer, there are 3 University people looking at the body already.

Guest RedRatSnake

I listened to the radio clip...Dyer said he wanted an established SKEPTIC to view the body. Allen is an established skeptic.

According to Dyer, there are 3 University people looking at the body already.

I moved over to the Rick Dyer thread with my response, trying to keep on topic, I didn't see you posted the same over there until after I came here first.

Tim :)

Once we all give up and stop posting here the study will publish,lol.

That is how things usually work.

I am only reading this, so I do not go in the kitchen and watch my pot of water boil.

Guest Ishcabibble

This is a bit off topic, but this whole thread seems to wander through a braided channel of ideas. reelback, your comment,

"This topic of BF seems to attract some unseemly characters, I struggle to understand just what on earth there really is to gain with any of this fooling around? Does anyone really belive some fake video is going to make you rich? Are people desperate to make fun of this topic? Get attention from a few thousand people? Get you chicks?? I'm at a loss to understand this other than BF just attracts crazy people which makes me want to go take a look in the mirror."

strikes a chord with me and is something that I have been pondering for a few weeks now. That is, 'what is the motivation?' Hoaxers have very little potential monetary gain and a huge potential character loss, so why? And I am starting to wonder, is it motivated out of fear? That they are so afraid of the things that go bump in the night, they would ridicule them at the expense of their own reputation just to make them less scary?

Just a late night thought as I fight this god-aweful cold weather.

Edited by Ishcabibble

Guest reelback

strikes a chord with me and is something that I have been pondering for a few weeks now. That is, 'what is the motivation?' Hoaxers have very little potential monetary gain and a huge potential character loss, so why? And I am starting to wonder, is it motivated out of fear? That they are so afraid of the things that go bump in the night, they would ridicule them at the expense of their own reputation just to make them less scary?

Just a late night thought as I fight this god-aweful cold weather.

I'd lean towards the delusion that there is money to be made thru a hoax. One thread you can find in common with all the hoaxers we've seen is they have little to no money or prospects. If you're weak at sniffing out economic opportunities, you repeat bad economic decisions. To me it seems like taking a stab at a BF hoax would rise strait to the top.

Reputation? Another common theme here seems to be low self esteem. People with low self esteem don't care about their reputation.

^

Reports have it that the Ketchum 'study' has cost at least 400K (is that only from Hersom or including others that paid for samples?). We can't know how much of that she pocketed and how much went to other labs/expenses but I think it could be easily argued she has/had financial interest in keeping the 'study' going.