The Ketchum Report

Janice Coy's scientist is the only scientist I have heard named regarding Ketchum's DNA study.

Some people claim Igor is a historian and not a Phd.

Burtsev Said "That is why Dr Ketchum has sent it to me to arrange publishing in any Russian reviewed journal." emphasis mine.

"Arranging" publishing doesn't exactly inspire faith regardless of the prowess of Russian Science.

Is the Examiner a Russian Journal?

РуÑÑкие ученые Bigfoot ÑвлÑÑŽÑ‚ÑÑ Ñамыми большими в мире!

Мне нравитÑÑ Ð¼Ð¾Ñ Ð²Ð¾Ð´ÐºÐ° из Санкт-Петербург РоÑÑиÑ

Мне нравитÑÑ Ð¼Ð¾Ñ Ð²Ð¾Ð´ÐºÐ° из Санкт-Петербург РоÑÑиÑ

I like any Vodka, as long as it's mixed with Orange Juice.

РуÑÑкий Стандарт Водка Ñупер гладкой, как Ð¿Ð¸Ñ‚ÑŒÐµÐ²Ð°Ñ Ð²Ð¾Ð´Ð°, и Ñто номер один в РоÑÑии. а Ñту тему, Ð¼ÐµÐ½Ñ ÑƒÐ±Ð¸Ð²Ð°ÐµÑ‚, нам вÑем нужно проÑто пойти в Ð»ÐµÑ Ð¸ иÑкать мертвые чаÑти йети

How about some evidence that anything from Russia is equal or superiour to anything from AMERICA!!!

This is moot. They won't publish it in Russia unless they can arrange for Vladimir Putin to wrestle one.

Guest ajciani

I think that, as far as Bigfoot is concerned, there is some merit to questioning the credibility of a Russian journal. Mostly because we have seen some hoaxes that were backed by Russian scientists and media. Remember the recent debacle with Meldrum?

Nature has also published its fair share of hoaxes. Nature was one of the favorite publishing outlets of Jan Hendrik Schön, who hoaxed several discoveries on carbon nanotubes. The journal also publishes an annual global warming special issue, in which many of the contributors were implicated in the Climate Research Unit E-mail scandal (where it was discovered, through a release of E-mails, that global warming scientists activists were altering their methods and models to obtain the results they wanted). So Nature will loosen its peer review standards to suit its own political objectives or meet its own need to publish cutting-edge research.

However, my personal concern lies with a very simple question. In the even that MK's study is NOT released in an American scientific journal; why would a Russian journal publish it? The obvious answer is they have lower standards or would be willing to publish it for financial gain. Again, I'm not saying all Russian journals have low standards or have issues with corruption.

In all seriousness; which do you think would be more reputable, an American scientific journal or a Russian scientific journal?

On the topic of bigfoot, I think a Russian journal would be more likely to publish because a Russian journal is more likely to take the topic seriously. The Russian school of thought is more accepting of the unknown, while western science tends to be arrogant and closed-minded. BTW, Nature is a British journal, and as I think about the British, they would probably dismiss the article, from the first sentence, as a joke. I doubt that Ketchum will need to go to a foreign journal. She may find it difficult to publish in a multidisciplinary, general interest, cutting edge journal, but I think something like the American Journal of Human Genetics or Human Biology might be extremely interested in publishing the article. Most likely, the editors and reviewers at those journals would instantly accept the methods and results, and welcome such an upheaval article.

Back, even before Ketchum announced that she was trying to publish, there were debates on the BFF about what would happen if someone tried to publish a scientific article. It pretty much went like this:

Knowers: The reviewers would treat it as a joke. There is no such thing as bigfoot, therefore there can be no evidence of bigfoot. We have no idea as to how, but you must have screwed something up.

Skeptics: If the work was sound, scientists would accept it. Your work seems solid, and we are unable to identify any errors in it. There must be a bigfoot, or some other explanation which eludes us, but since we don't know what that is, congratulations, you discovered bigfoot.

As a scientist, the knowers hit it smack on the head. Even if half the reviewers brush it off and half review it seriously, that still kills a paper. Skeptics like to place scientists on a pedestal (except Meldrum), but while science might have its place on that pedestal, many scientists do not deserve to be there with it.

What was weird about that entire argument, is that many of the skeptics advocating for the 'reasonable scientist' actually behave the way the knowers describe. I have seen a great deal of bigfoot evidence which, as individual exhibits, have only had two explanations: bigfoot or an elaborate contrivance. The skeptics choose the contrivance.

• Upvote 1

My friends just did their first blog radio/video show and they had Derek Randles and Shawn from Bigfoot evidence as their guests.

Derek talked about the latest controversy with the Ketchum study. He also mentioned that he and Bart and he and Justin are still very good friends. He says good things about Tyler too.

Shawn also talked about the Sierra site and the Ketchum study, etc.... It was a really good show with some good information. Shawn spilled the beans on something that Justin said about Ketchum and I can see why people who have known this are wondering what is going on with Ketchum. Apparently, Justin is saying that Melba allegedly told him that the piece of steak he gave her talked to her. I won't lie, I feel odd even typing that because I think it will cause a lot of controversy, and I'm not really one to stir things up. However, it's out there publicly and it sort of blew my mind so here it is. Justin is supposed to mention it in his video that he is going to release so it was going to come out soon anyway.

I'm going to link to our website so anyone who wants to listen can click on the blog radio link. It's called the Rogue Bigfootah show and right now it's at the top of the page. I'm linking to our website instead of the show because there is language in the show that is not allowed here. I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to link directly to a video with harsh language on here because we released a video a long time ago that had harsh language and were told to mute the sound and re-post it.

http://www.thesasquatchhunters.com/

Guest crabshack

Apparently, Justin is saying that Melba allegedly told him that the piece of steak he gave her talked to her.

I'm sure to her looking at dna is like you and I reading a book, and I'm sure it talks to her if she has the gift to do the work.

Well maybe it was a piece of "Manwich". I swear those things talk. They be callin me.

Finally something worth plussing! I feel a Manwich report about to be published in my belly VERY soon.

Guest VioletX

Finally something worth plussing! I feel a Manwich report about to be published in my belly VERY soon.

Do you read tea leaves too Tontar?lol