Madison5716

That Moose Video.

Madison5716

I've seen that moose video, where it's hauling butt past those winter snowshoeing folks, a hundred times

It's cool. I saw it in my YouTube recommends today. Well, there's a black figure behind the moose that I've never noticed before. Moose aren't afraid of anything, yet it runs away, straight past humans. Curious.

The video is super annoying. It's the last one. 

Screenshot_20200118-083419_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20200118-084159_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
Added

Huntster
2 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

..........Well, there's a black figure behind the moose that I've never noticed before. Moose aren't afraid of anything, yet it runs away, straight past humans. Curious.........

Good catch. My guess is that it's a man. But it could just as soon be what you suspect..........

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing and pointing out the man.

Madison5716

Did they say it was another snowshoer? I was too snnoyed with the mechanical voice, lol. 

Huntster

No, Mechanical Man didn't mention Mystery Man at all. I'll also opine that Mystery Man looked really dark and large, and that the moose looked downright afraid of him. But The World, absolutely rejecting sasquatchery, would insist that it's a man unless somebody punches a 30 caliber hole through him and lays him out on a university dissecting table for a pinhead to proclaim what he is.

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

Does anyone here speak French?  The original video is HERE.

They are speaking French since this was filmed in Quebec.  I'm wondering if they say anything about what's back there.  My French is too rusty for me to understand.

BC witness

My rusty high school French didn't catch any mention of another figure back where the moose was first spotted, but it certainly looked to me like the moose was spooked by something behind it.

NorthWind

That moose was spooked at whatever it is. It even looks back over its shoulder at it. It seems pretty big.

Good catch, Madison.

SpookedMoose.jpg

Lam90

I never cease to be in awe of how powerful animals are. The moose goes through that snow like it’s hot butter. Also, mechanical man isn’t the same guy who does honey badger, is he? Hehe. Seriously, the moose looking back in the direction of that figure is very interesting. The figure appears to be to the side of the trail like the skiers, but it’s still intriguing. Edited to say it looks like the trail winds to the right, and the figure is on the trail. 

Edited by Lam90

That moose is running away from something , that much is obvious 

• Like 1

NatFoot
On 1/21/2020 at 4:18 PM, 7.62 said:

That moose is running away from something , that much is obvious 

Yeah...that is interesting. I'd agree.

• Upvote 1

JustCurious

I dug a little deeper and in the comments the videographer says:

Behind the animal, there was a snowmobile which advanced towards us to make the traces of cross-country skiing. And on both sides there was either a ravine or a very steep slope. Since he was less afraid of us than of the snowmobile, he ran towards us

• Upvote 2

NorthWind

Well that would make sense as to why the figure behind the moose seems so tall. Good catch, JC.

Madison5716

Thanks, JustCurious! So, ther IS something spooking the moose. Just not what I suspected. Case closed, looks like!

Edited by Madison5716