Do you guys visit hunting , fishing or hiking forums ?

Admin
3 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

Forest Service Road 6310 is currently rated as an abandoned and overgrown logging road suitable for hiking from May to October.

I think we all know why the Forest Service does not maintain that road any more....    :wink: 

I will send the first person to hike up to the clearcut, spend the night, and come back down, a brand new, crisp, unused $5.00 bill. Just provide pictures with gps and time stamped logs so that your location and duration can be verified. A journal must be kept of all activity occurring while there. Also, I will need all documentation notarized by two different sources not located in, or within 50 miles of Index. If you choose to make it a multiple person event, you will have to split the reward...   :lol:

Seriously, it looks pretty overgrown and the clear cut is not much of a clear cut anymore. Attached some GE pics for reference:

Pic_1.thumb.png.3fba3e64b0b0dcf890ca93213ae34c4b.png

Pic_3.thumb.png.ce6a3d4acdc44cbb1bc03b23299c64b1.png

Note: red circle is where incident started at the clear cut

Pic_2.thumb.png.963b9355e1e4e6ac4865550e70a14763.png

On 1/28/2020 at 6:49 PM, VAfooter said:

I think we all know why the Forest Service does not maintain that road any more....    :wink: 

I will send the first person to hike up to the clearcut, spend the night, and come back down, a brand new, crisp, unused $5.00 bill. Just provide pictures with gps and time stamped logs so that your location and duration can be verified. A journal must be kept of all activity occurring while there. Also, I will need all documentation notarized by two different sources not located in, or within 50 miles of Index. If you choose to make it a multiple person event, you will have to split the reward...   :lol:

Seriously, it looks pretty overgrown and the clear cut is not much of a clear cut anymore. Attached some GE pics for reference:

Pic_1.thumb.png.3fba3e64b0b0dcf890ca93213ae34c4b.png

Pic_3.thumb.png.ce6a3d4acdc44cbb1bc03b23299c64b1.png

Note: red circle is where incident started at the clear cut

Pic_2.thumb.png.963b9355e1e4e6ac4865550e70a14763.png

I must've missed something?

Not sure what you missed. Here is a different perspective from  a topo map.  FSR 6310.    Gunn Peak  at the lower right corner. I keep old map software because when they shifted to add 'street view', some details were deleted like accurate logging road lay out and deleting logging roads all together. The roads less traveled are important.

FSRD 6310 001.jpg

Edited by Catmandoo
add more text