Snoqualmie and Sherman pass WSDOT sightings

norseman

You know how I tell when a news release is a waste of time? Probably the same way you do too.  Any reference to Bigfoot in the singular, as in "We have spotted [THE one and only mythical] Bigfoot", is a hard pass.  Like  spotting a Sasquatch is like spotting the Loch Ness Monster...not one of a species, but the ONLY one, so how could it be anything but a joke, right? The omnipresent Bigfoot is only less peripatetic than Elvis after he died. I suppose if they keep it on this level, and it stays a joke, and nobody will have to think too hard. If I were a citizen of WA I'd be plenty pissed that my government can do no better than treat this as a laughing matter, especially if I had had an encounter with one.  All the wahoos who comment and post memes of Harry and the Hendersons are little better, but at least they aren't funded by the taxpayer to hand out such drivel. 

• Upvote 2

My, my, but didn't you come out of the bat cave swinging today, WSA :)  Pried an upvote outa me, ya did. How about something like "one of the Bigfoots was spotted again today, this time in WA." I have to admit it sounds MUCH better and maybe the BFF should adopt the phrase.

Is does get wearisome at times, does it not hiflier?  When the "comic relief" piece on the nightly news is "Local man claims to have seen Bigfoot",  [definite article implicit] delivered with a smirk and a wink.  Then some person who is naive enough to believe that what he experienced deserves serious treatment is offered up for the amusement of the viewers. On the website you'll get 100 comments about how "He" has been spotted at the local bar, riding a Harley, at a desk down at the Courthouse, with Elvis, on Hollywood Connection...blah, blah , blah, blah, blah.  Six Million Dollar Man clips abound. Goofy roadside signs are posted.  I get probably a dozen of these kinds of pieces forwarded to me a year by friends who mean well, and know of my interest. They get the hard "delete".