Longview Washington Bigfoot Conference

SWWASAS

BFF Patron

I heard about a conference this weekend in Longview Washington on a local news show.    Apparently Meldrum and some other notable conference speakers were there.    He is sure looking like a mad scientist college professor lately.     According to the report this was the second year of the event and this year over 3000 attended.      I did not hear about last year and only heard about it this year after it was too late to go.    I only live about 50 miles from there.     Anyone attend and like to give a report?      

It's called SquatchFest and I think this is the third year. I like it because it's local for me. Cowlitz county fairgrounds. The person who did HopSquatch is involved in organizing it. You can find it on facebook. 

Olympic project did a review of the nest site again. But they did something new this time around besides the nest site and discussed sasquatch as if it were a real animal and discussed habitat, possible population density, feeding behavior. I found their talk very interesting. Dr Meldrum and Cliff Barackman were also there. Cliff discussed some of where he's been looking in Oregon. And talked about the North American Bigfoot Center. 

Dr Meldrum discussed comparisons with black bears. Similar habitat, both omnivores, comparative anatomy (for identification purposes). 

The guys from Mountain Monsters were there from West Virginia. I've never seen the show myself. They identified themselves as hillbillies. 

David Paulides was scheduled but couldn't make it. 

The highlight for me was that I got to meet Bobby O. We had a great talk and I took him and David Hallett up to see the Kalama river sighting area from 2001. It was a good time. 

I just looked. There's a post I made here about it in 2017 I believe. So 4 years now. 

Edited by BigTreeWalker
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

Dr Meldrum discussed comparisons with black bears.

*sigh* Too bad the conference is so far away, I could use a new Bigfoot mug.

Edited by hiflier

• 1 month later...
SSR Team
On 1/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, BigTreeWalker said:

It's called SquatchFest and I think this is the third year. I like it because it's local for me. Cowlitz county fairgrounds. The person who did HopSquatch is involved in organizing it. You can find it on facebook. 

Olympic project did a review of the nest site again. But they did something new this time around besides the nest site and discussed sasquatch as if it were a real animal and discussed habitat, possible population density, feeding behavior. I found their talk very interesting. Dr Meldrum and Cliff Barackman were also there. Cliff discussed some of where he's been looking in Oregon. And talked about the North American Bigfoot Center. 

Dr Meldrum discussed comparisons with black bears. Similar habitat, both omnivores, comparative anatomy (for identification purposes). 

The guys from Mountain Monsters were there from West Virginia. I've never seen the show myself. They identified themselves as hillbillies. 

David Paulides was scheduled but couldn't make it. 

The highlight for me was that I got to meet Bobby O. We had a great talk and I took him and David Hallett up to see the Kalama river sighting area from 2001. It was a good time. 

I just looked. There's a post I made here about it in 2017 I believe. So 4 years now. 

And my fav part was getting out to the Kalama, I've always had a thing about that report for some reason and was incredibly grateful that you took the time to take us out there Gerald, thanks again..;)

Stunning part of the world, i'd love to drop a rod there someday.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, BobbyO said:

Stunning part of the world, i'd love to drop a rod there someday.

If you're ever back in the area and have the time we could go up around the east side of Mt St Helens. 

I used to fish the Kalama for steelhead. Great place to be. 

• Like 1