Bird Calls and Bigfoot

Tylo

Hello!  I have yet another question for those who are interacting or have interacted with Sasquatch, unsure if this has already been discussed.  I'm wondering which bird calls are being attributed to Sasquatch in your area of research?  I know many people hear diurnal birds at night (and reverse), owl calls that don't seem to be from owls, etc.  Have any of you experienced such odd bird calls and is it common in your research area?  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Interesting question.

I've heard song birds at night before but I wasn't  interacting with a bigfoot . I think the birds were just confused .

Edited by 7.62

A couple of weeks ago, I heard what could best be described as a owl...as imitated by a very large hearing impaired person.  

Been in that area day and night.  I have heard bard, horned, and screech owls before; but never anything like this.  

Given that I didn't see what made the sound, I can't say what it was.  However, it falls in line with other reported sounds attributed to Bigfoot.

I've had it happen, too 7.62!  It's strange when the daytime crowd sings at night, I had thought it wasn't my usual crowd but a flock that was migrating and had parked themselves next to my front door.It was around 1 or 2 AM, though.  I had looked up nocturnal birds and their calls in my area, never could find anything similar.  I realize many of you don't/didn't see the culprit but I am wondering how many of you think it wasn't really a bird. It was 'off' for some reason.  Many of you know your local birds and their calls very well, I'm sure.

I know the white-throated sparrows will call at night randomly. Heard them on many occasions, doesn't hurt if the moon is near full. (oh sweeeet canada, canada, canada)

I've heard a red tail hawk scream in the night, that was odd. (It's the classic hawk cry you hear in every movie and the camera often pans to a turkey vulture...) 

Interesting topic Tylo. Welcome BTW.

I'm wondering if squirrels are active at night, because I used to hear squirrels calling etc. in the middle of the night during the time we had "encounters" at my parents house. I have never heard a squirrel at night since.

1 minute ago, Doug said:

I'm wondering if squirrels are active at night, because I used to hear squirrels calling etc. in the middle of the night during the time we had "encounters" at my parents house. I have never heard a squirrel at night since.

Yeah they are I see them on thermal a lot 

I don't pay a lot of attention to bird sounds on my recordings but decided to go through one of my files from last year to see what I could find.

This call happened at 2:32 am on April 30th of last year. The call part is amplified, and low frequencies are attenuated.

This one is a little interesting. So far I have not moved on to see if it gets repeated later. EDIT: The same call happened two more times in the next couple hours that night.

17 hours ago, Tylo said:

Hello!  I have yet another question for those who are interacting or have interacted with Sasquatch, unsure if this has already been discussed.  I'm wondering which bird calls are being attributed to Sasquatch in your area of research?  I know many people hear diurnal birds at night (and reverse), owl calls that don't seem to be from owls, etc.  Have any of you experienced such odd bird calls and is it common in your research area?  

Interesting question.    I would not say I've heard bird calls I mistake for sasquatch or vice versa.    I spent roughly 15 minutes, or maybe it was 10, or 20, but some extended period, exchanging whistles with "something" that could count and understood taking turns and exchanging roles of lead and follow.    They were not "bird calls", they were quiet whistles and they were sort of dead flat ... a softer note, not the ringing note of birds, and they did not rise or fall.  Just a "wheet" whistle, short, constant pitch.  

I have one interesting bit of audio which puzzles me.    As a bit of trickery, I put it up on a bird site asking what sort of bird it was.   The responses from the birders reject it as a bird and suggested it was a fox.  I did the same on a mammals site where I was told it absolutely was not a fox, it was a bird.    I shared it with a younger family member who said "howler monkey, that's exactly what I heard at the Denver zoo last week".   Now,  have listened to howler monkey recordings, and while sometimes close, to me it isn't the same.    For now, it is a puzzle.    Give it a listen if you wish.   It requires good headphones, room speakers, especially on a computer or, God forbid, your smart phone, absolutely do not do it justice.   Also notice the suspicious wood knock following the call.   

Click here for the recording ...

This call was one of a handful that came in a period of a few minutes.   One of them has a strange 2 syllable response following it.   Whoop!   Hey-ay!   I find it intriguing.

MIB

• Upvote 1

;Redbone, that is quite a sustained call, I wonder if it is a bird? It sounds a bit like a whistle then bird-like toward the end?  MIB,  you're definitely getting whistles?  I did a search on this forum, trying to read up on the whistles people report.  I've read about not whistling at night or in the forest.  I think I'd be startled if something in the woods whistled a response!  (Luckily, I can't whistle.)  Your recording is baffling, too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tylo said:

you're definitely getting whistles

That day I was.     That was the only time.    I've been there 10 .. 20? .. times.    I found one track.   Quiet knocks following me around the lake.   One time there was something wrong about a pair of "crows" I heard.   Occasionally very creepy, but not very often.   It's a place I like to go to "get away from it all."   ALL of the all, not just exchange one part for another.    Great little lake to fish.   Though I have seen signs of other people, I have never actually seen another person there.   It is an intensely distant feeling place, like being the last person on earth, and yet it often feels .. occupied.  Not in a bad way ... usually, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tylo said:

;Redbone, that is quite a sustained call, I wonder if it is a bird? It sounds a bit like a whistle then bird-like toward the end?  MIB,  you're definitely getting whistles?  I did a search on this forum, trying to read up on the whistles people report.  I've read about not whistling at night or in the forest.  I think I'd be startled if something in the woods whistled a response!  (Luckily, I can't whistle.)  Your recording is baffling, too. 

Trying to figure out how you earned a downvote for this post but I am happy to upvote to cancel it.

I have hundreds of hours of recordings and have never heard or noticed that call before, but I also don't look at those high frequencies. I plan to go through at least a few more overnight recording to see what's there. I've never noticed any whistles in my recordings, but I also never looked before. We'll see what come up. One clip I went though had a whippoorwill through the night, but I've heard that a lot of times before.

I have heard odd monotone owls many times in Nebraska and Iowa. I've heard it so much I figure they have to be real owls.

2 hours ago, Tylo said:

I've read about not whistling at night or in the forest. 

How else are you going to see one if you do not do what people tell you to do what you are not suppose to do.  The best way to have a in your face encounter is to do the things that they do not like. After my first encounter in 2000 on the first weekend of September we started having them do barred owl calls . I believe it was in April we spent a week up in northern Michigan where we had more encounters with these creatures . It was then that we started using the barred owl call to have some sort of a communication with them. I remember that it was late at night and I kept making my best impression of a barred owl call that I could do and what ever was out there in the dark was calling back with it's best impression as well. 

As I went back into my camper to sleep I slept on the floor of the camper and my dog slept on the couch. I slept on the floor since I was scared that I might be grabbed through the window after having my encounters with these creatures. Yes, I slept with my loaded pistol. As I slept my dog started to get strange on me . He started to curl by my head and the door handle started to wiggle  but did not open. What I heard next was even stranger and that was the barred owl sounds I was messing with earlier. It was sounding off as it was moving away from the camper.

Now I know the difference of barred owls as back then I did not. From what I know now and from what I heard back in 2000 up North . Those sounds were not coming from barred owls. I now know the difference after going hunting and understanding the wild life. Once you start to understand what is natural that is out in the forest Day and night. You then start understanding the difference of what you are encountering.  I have looked for my recordings of the conversations I have had with these creatures but have yet to find them. A lot has to do with just giving up on no one believing what we had encountered back on BFF1.0  in 2000.  It is a shame since we had really truly encountered these creatures in Northern Michigan. Then have encountered them in Lower Michigan and have really research the heck out of them.

If they want to imitate other species they have that capability. If they want to misdirect they have the capability to do so by imitating other species. But then again what the heck do I know, Right ! I have been blacked balled so many times that I just sit back and laugh.         

• Upvote 1