Bird Calls and Bigfoot

Tylo

BFF Patron

@TyloI have heard bird call medleys (modeled on daylight productions I used in research), produced at night from whipporwill to crow to human-like chatter along with a whistle/screech that was reproduced quickly and impossibly rapid for a human. At least one other recording shared with me in an area approx 110 miles or more away range was very similar to the whistle/screech.  It was rapid, loud (in the case of the other recording it competed with a train whistle during daylight hours) but distant, recorded and I have had no one identify what the hell that five minute recording near the 3 am magical hour was all about in the Blue Ridge of NC. That particular evening I had a malfunction in one recorder but had a backup running thank God (probably my mistake on the screw up). It was not the ideal recorder capture as the malfunctioning one would have had a more direct line of sight to target/suspect species.  

@Tylo, what is your specific interest in this phenomenon if I might ask? Have you heard and recorded odd things, do you research/record? Have people you know had encounters with odd sounds etc?

Edited by bipedalist

One winter I looking for Sasquatch in this small vacant 10 unit tent camp in the squatchy part of Oregon along the Elk River. It was dark and this fake sounding bird call came from this bush about 15 feet away. It was so close to me that I began to think it was stalking me. I got back into the SUV and opened the window to listen. A two more calls came loud and clear that sounded too loud and unusual for a bird. Other calls came from the camp park as well. It was pitch black out and I visualized several bigfoots using coordinated hunting tactics with bird calls. Maybe when they are in close quarters, they switch from wood knocks to bird calls so they know where their hunting partners are located. They come in from all directions after a deer or in my case me, and make the take down, so they can have dinner. Night hunting is what they do best.   

Shadowborn,  I don't think I really want to have a face to face encounter, too many people have been traumatized.  I don't discount your experiences, I'm thankful you take the time to share them. Strange owl calls seem to pop up often and now MIB and others have mentioned crows, I had wondered about crows, too.  bipedalist, really interesting about the medley, so it was noticeably odd.  Georgerm,  the loudness stood out to you, like the call was blasted through speakers?  I'm so familiar with our local birds that if anything stands out, I make note of it.  If I hear an odd call, I try to look it up online.

bipedalist and NatFoot, as I wrote in my intro, I've been reading this forum since 2013, read all the old threads.  I am interested in this phenomenon because I am one of those people who had strange things happen while I lived in an old cottage in Wisconsin.  Seems I had what would be described as typical Sasquatch behavior, we couldn't find any logical reasons for the odd occurrences.  House slapping, motion sensor removed from motion sensor light mechanism, racket on the roof, etc.  I didn't have the internet, cable tv, or tv at the time, I didn't know what to make of the events at that cottage.  Later, after I went online, I realized that the odd things that happened fit in with other reports.  I also now believe they are more common than many people realize and I do believe the majority of people are telling the truth of what they experience and what they see (not misidentification.)  I thought I'd join so I would be able to ask a few more questions that I've wondered about.  I am not looking for them in my area but I do believe it is a very good thing to know that they exist along side of us. I do read all kinds of reports and pay attention to all experiences.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Tylo

We do not know why they like messing with people that live out in the woods. In my case I went out messing with them and found out that it was not a good idea. The thing is that we have to learn from what we experience and pass that knowledge on so others can not make the same mistakes. The behavior of these species is what is important and they keep on changing like they also keep on learning. Like what you have said of the removal of your motion sensor which is new to me.  Not many people have mention that little tidbit to anyone else. The same goes with game cams and how they will mess with them from behind and play with the motion sensor.  Let the game cam just take photo's of nothing in front of the cam.  Now I can make assume that they might like the noise that these game cams might make. But then again this is just speculation.

The same goes with these so called bird calls. We have no idea why they might use different bird calls and even different animal calls. Oh yea they use different animal calls and some how I feel like this might be related with Native Americans some how. That they have some how copied their ways but made them selves better. In the way on how they live in the wilderness. In all my sightings I have always felt that they were some what related to us in some form of ancestry. But again this is all speculation. I my self wish I had all the answers to why these creatures exist in our wilderness . But that search is still on going.  

ShadowBorn, it is truly a fascinating topic.  I didn't know you initially chose to search for them.  I do think people learn from other people's experiences (I know I have) and that is why I appreciate when information is shared.  Details matter.  

BFF Patron
10 hours ago, Tylo said:

Shadowborn,  I don't think I really want to have a face to face encounter, too many people have been traumatized.  I don't discount your experiences, I'm thankful you take the time to share them. Strange owl calls seem to pop up often and now MIB and others have mentioned crows, I had wondered about crows, too.  bipedalist, really interesting about the medley, so it was noticeably odd.  Georgerm,  the loudness stood out to you, like the call was blasted through speakers?  I'm so familiar with our local birds that if anything stands out, I make note of it.  If I hear an odd call, I try to look it up online.

bipedalist and NatFoot, as I wrote in my intro, I've been reading this forum since 2013, read all the old threads.  I am interested in this phenomenon because I am one of those people who had strange things happen while I lived in an old cottage in Wisconsin.  Seems I had what would be described as typical Sasquatch behavior, we couldn't find any logical reasons for the odd occurrences.  House slapping, motion sensor removed from motion sensor light mechanism, racket on the roof, etc.  I didn't have the internet, cable tv, or tv at the time, I didn't know what to make of the events at that cottage.  Later, after I went online, I realized that the odd things that happened fit in with other reports.  I also now believe they are more common than many people realize and I do believe the majority of people are telling the truth of what they experience and what they see (not misidentification.)  I thought I'd join so I would be able to ask a few more questions that I've wondered about.  I am not looking for them in my area but I do believe it is a very good thing to know that they exist along side of us. I do read all kinds of reports and pay attention to all experiences.

@Tylo  Very good to know you have had experiences, I figured something must be up with the topic title of the thread.  What sounds have you heard besides the house slaps, anything definitive?  I likewise have gone through periods of houseslaps; had some this June/July/Aug after being away from my stomping grounds since Jan.  Those have died out and I have not heard anything for months.  No feeling that I have a viable population in this specific area at this time.  I will be honest I do not miss homefront encounters.  I prefer some breathing room. 

bipedalist,I've heard outstandingly strange owl 'calls', always after midnight.  The first time sounded like an owl fight, sounded like possibly three? Extremely loud right outside a bedroom window but, it sounds strange, it also sounded physical, you heard something hitting against something, movement.  Like three large things hitting each other.  Not the usual owl calls I've heard,  there was hooting mixed with the other bird like sounds.  It actually sounded like an argument, as bizarre as it seems.  I checked the whole area the next day, no feathers to be found. I had expected to find feathers after what seemed to be a fight.  Later, once again around 1 or 2 AM, I was sitting outside on the steps and an owl went off at the tree line (perhaps 120 feet away.)  It was astoundingly loud, like it was blasted out of huge speakers full volume, it was also 'broad' if that makes sense.  It was convoluted and of long duration.  The best I can say is that it was 'owl-like', some weird type of owl talk, I don't know how else to describe it. I've had a whippoorwill blast one call about 15 feet away from me in the daytime, daytime calling is unusual but, once again, the volume was stunning.  It actually made me stop in my tracks.  One summer day I heard a sound something like woodpecker knocking on something, the problem is that it wasn't what I usually hear from woodpeckers, it sounded strange, the usual rhythm was  way off and it was softer sounding.  It was probably 20 feet away from me, hidden in brush.  However, it was so strange that I wouldn't walk through the brush to see it, I actually backed away and left the area.  A couple of times I heard a cardinal call intermittently right outside my open window, probably 1 or 2 AM, it seemed to keep up the calls until I turned off the light and went to bed.

So, I know wildlife does what it does, who knows what these birds were doing, right?  Perhaps they were normal calls, although I honestly don't believe they were normal at all.  My family has always fed the birds, I'm familiar with their usual calls because I work outside all the time.  If I can't identify a call, I try to research what I heard (usually happens with migrating birds.)  All I can say is that the owl calls and the whippoorwill call were stunningly loud, I've never heard such volume.  The other calls were just not usual, in my opinion.

There were a few other things in WI including a couple of times during incredibly dense nighttime fog a skunk/fish stench hung in the air.   It was so bad that I could not stay outside, I couldn't even make it to the first step out the door.  It was a stomach churning stench. 

38 minutes ago, Tylo said:

One summer day I heard a sound something like woodpecker knocking on something

@Tylo

That woodpecker sound that you heard would you describe it as some thing kind a of dull sounding ?  I have heard woodpeckers out in the forest and their sounds are very distinct. But I have also heard what sounded like woodpecker sounds but sounded more like a cupped hand being smacked on a chest.. This is the only way that I can only describe what I heard when I was out in the forest hunting. The smells are hard to describe and the only way to describe it is to actually smell it one self. The odd part about their smell is that I believe that they are self conscious of how they smell.

During hunting I was on a trail and had their smell follow me through out the trail. So I stopped and started sniffing to see from what direction the smell was coming from . Now this trail goes North to south and the smell was coming from the north east. At the time the wind was blowing from that direction from the Northeast direction. So I stopped and started to smell in that direction and started looking towards that direction. I did not see anything so I started walking north on the trail back to my truck . Well what ever was making that smell stopped but I could still hear some thing following me on that trail  What ever was following was now south east of me and the smell had now gone away.  Not only did this happen to me once but a couple of times. My speculation is that they are self aware. I just do not think that they understand that we know the animals of the forest to well. My opinion is that they seem to believe that we have no understanding how the forest lives and survives.  We have lost this art as humans.

The other odd thing about your encounter is . How do they know about motion detectors and know how to break that off. If they are so ape like then they should not be smart enough to understand that the motion detector is what is turning on the lights. They must have really studied those lights on their own to figure that out. That takes reasoning and rational thought to be able to understand what needed to be done.  They have a brain that is not like an ape or chimp but more like a Human. With a ape or a chimp it would have to be taught. They taught them selves.  Kind a of makes one wonder wat they really know . I hope that you can share more of what you have experience. I find your experiences very insight full .

I would not start scratching my head unless there was converging evidence that would make me believe the bird sound I was hearing was not a bird....

I see this all the time with Coyotes sounds and Bigfooters.

One thing about birds .. so I've told about the first night visit in 2011 in the pitch black when 3 or more "things" were around our camp, about the inability to breath, even mouth-breath, without great labor, and about the muscles in my face spasming, and about the pressure waves I could feel inside my eyes, then about the wood knocks.    As the worst of that subsided, maybe 45 minutes into it, I guess I fell asleep.   I woke some time shortly after midnight and the moon had come up.  It was no longer blacker than the inside of a boot in a dark closet at midnight, it was very bright out.   At that point, I noticed how heavily, "deathly" silent it had been before ... because it no longer was.   I could hear fish spash in the lake and I was hearing a lot of birds in the trees around camp.    That was when I knew things were normal again.   I'm not used to day birds at night, but on a bright moonlight night, some, sometimes a lot, will be out and active.   

My point is this: hearing day birds at night is not a definite sign of bigfoot mimicry.   We have to be walk a careful balance between accepting the truth of what is while not getting caught up in the moment and accepting for truth things that are not.

MIB

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2020 at 11:02 AM, MIB said:

Click here for the recording ...

This call was one of a handful that came in a period of a few minutes.   One of them has a strange 2 syllable response following it.   Whoop!   Hey-ay!   I find it intriguing.

MIB

It certainly 'resembles' both distant and close whoops we've heard for years. On many occasions we've noted how much they also sound like howler monkey calls.

On 1/29/2020 at 9:18 PM, ShadowBorn said:

As I went back into my camper to sleep I slept on the floor of the camper and my dog slept on the couch. I slept on the floor since I was scared that I might be grabbed through the window after having my encounters with these creatures. Yes, I slept with my loaded pistol. As I slept my dog started to get strange on me . He started to curl by my head and the door handle started to wiggle  but did not open. What I heard next was even stranger and that was the barred owl sounds I was messing with earlier. It was sounding off as it was moving away from the camper.

One of many reasons I sleep IN a camper and not a tent anymore. AND, I leave the glass shut and the black vinyl covers snapped except during the day. LASTLY, I flip that red deadbolt switch because I'd have a heart attack if one of them came up and slipped their fingers into the door latch and popped it open at night. We had a crew member awakened one morning around 6am by a Sass coming up to a tent to investigate it. It apparently couldn't see the rainfly stretching over to a small bush and got tangled or caught in it and let out an angry scream. The poor 'gal' inside let one out too. Then it went quiet and somehow simply slipped away without making a sound. She doesn't sleep alone in a tent any longer since that night.

hiflier, what can I say?  That is why I decided to join this forum after 7 years of reading this forum.  I wanted to know if others have experienced the same.  The odd things that happened in WI (2009/10), I couldn't find an explanation at the time and I questioned and investigated everything. Quite memorable events that were so strange that I told my boss about some of them.  I had no tv, cable, internet so I had no clue that Bigfoot was a "thing.'  It wasn't until 2013 when I looked into this topic that I found that what I had experienced seemed to be what others have experienced, seemingly typical Sasquatch behavior.  Pretty much identical experiences.  I don't know what to make of it all. 

norseman, you're right.  It has been written many times before, if we don't actually see a Sasquatch as the source, we can't say it was a Sasquatch.  It's just that certain things happened at that time, experiences other people report as Sasquatch related.

Yes, ShadowBorn, the woodpecker sound was duller sounding, that's what I meant by softer sounding. Not like a cupped hand on chest but perhaps like a small rock being struck against a piece of wood?  Other than the weird sound itself, my reaction was to not look for the bird but to back away and leave.  Absolutely not normal behavior on my part.  I had actually thought 'it' was trying to lure me into looking and I felt that I should not look and I should leave.  Isn't that weird?  I always react to the birds around me, I have binoculars and I talk to them.  When I hear a bird call, I try to find the bird, my normal behavior.

Yes, the wall of skunk/fish stench was sickening, it was gone the next day, too.  In my past experiences with skunks, they seem to detonate whenever they get startled.  The odor lasts for days.  The skunk/fish in the fog stenches dissipated overnight.

The removal of the motion sensor panel needed to be done with hands, that is for sure.  It was attached to the larger mechanism with a ball and socket.  It really took a bit of force for me to pop it back in.  Interesting that the whole contraption wasn't ripped off the light bulb (there is a coiled cord that screws into the socket.)  Only the sensor panel.  When I arrived home late that night, the light didn't come on, I thought the bulb was bad.  Next morning I found the sensor panel dangling.  Baffling.  

I haven't shared this on BFF before, but this seems like a decent place to put it. :) Somewhere I have a very close recording of whatever is making this sound, and it is very bird-like. I'll try to find it.

Edit: Found the close up recording. :)