Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

slab, im impressed ......

you stay quiet for the most part then come out swinging.

good questions, points, the whole nine....thumbsup.gif nice!

youre right , this has turned into a circus & it would be a shame to see good folks get dragged under the bus along w/ the hoaxers, if thats what this turns out to be.

probably best to pull up a chair & see how this all shakes out popcorn.gif

I didn't say there was a setup. I'm postulating on motivations.

Really? No

I mean, really?

...youre right , this has turned into a circus popcorn.gif

Has there yet been a BF "discovery" "finding" "body" "DNA discovery" "footprint" or "dermal-ridge" that has not turned into a circus? If not, when, how and why?

Guest slimwitless

Really? No

I mean, really?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

But since you're here you can answer a question. Is your top-secret scientist friend saying Ketchum is misinterpreting the DNA results or misrepresenting them? (The only other alternative that fits your claim is that she's found nothing and the study has quietly ended). Care to elucidate?

Guest Silver Fox

Sorry I missed that in your reporting. If that's how the shooter says it went down in his original posts then you're right to suspect the revised version of events. Honestly, if this were a hoax, why bother sanitizing the story later? In other words, why would you worry about what people think of you if you're lying in the first place?

The only real question in my mind is did the guy shoot a BF or not.

I didn't say there was a setup. I'm postulating on motivations. Could it be as simple as there's been an amazing discovery and some people involved are in way over their heads?

He cleaned up the story later to fix up his motivations. He originally knew it was a BF, but he shot it anyway because he thought it was threatening him. Later he changed it to he thought it was a bear. The second one, he originally just shot it for some unknown reason. Now he says it was threatening him. According to the original version, he didn't think it was threatening him.

I'm quite sure this story is true.

Motivations? It's just a totally wild and crazy story. The original guy from Taxidermy.net leaked it to me because he was getting tired of all of the endless delays. That's all.

Has there yet been a BF "discovery" "finding" "body" "DNA discovery" "footprint" or "dermal-ridge" that has not turned into a circus? If not, when, how and why?

well ,i was trying to stick with the op topic for the time being.

however , one might say the entire Bf topic is a circus, period.

funny thing about the BF circus, proponents & non proponents alike keep lining up to watch the show.

BFF Patron

The interesting point of this shooting scenario is that shortly after the shooting a mention was made about sampling will be 'cut off' as I remember sometime near late Febr. which made sense I guess if as Derekfoot states "they have all the samples they need". Then recently it's stated that they are still collecting samples and the process is still open ended, this after rumors that the paper had been submitted and all.

Now, I'm hearing groans that the paper hasn't even been submitted yet.....so I guess my question is wouldn't the impact of having a tissue sample as fresh as what was provided by a shooter have at least ended the never ending process (or so it seems). There are many more questions than answers for sure.

The name of the deputy/sheriff dept. and game personnel contacted would be hard to silence on this matter even if it was perceived by them to have been a joke. Word gets around.

SSR Team

I tell you what makes me nervous, a Member of this Forum on Blog Talk Radio right now swerving questions about the fact that he really is feeding all of us with nothing but " he said ", " she said "..

Guest slimwitless

The interesting point of this shooting scenario is that shortly after the shooting a mention was made about sampling will be 'cut off' as I remember sometime near late Febr. which made sense I guess if as Derekfoot states "they have all the samples they need". Then recently it's stated that they are still collecting samples and the process is still open ended, this after rumors that the paper had been submitted and all.

Now, I'm hearing groans that the paper hasn't even been submitted yet.....so I guess my question is wouldn't the impact of having a tissue sample as fresh as what was provided by a shooter have at least ended the never ending process (or so it seems). There are many more questions than answers for sure.

The name of the deputy/sheriff dept. and game personnel contacted would be hard to silence on this matter even if it was perceived by them to have been a joke. Word gets around.

Derekfoot claimed we'll have our answers "very soon". I took that to mean the DNA study as well as the rest of the story. He also said he's meeting the shooter this week. Perhaps things are moving towards a conclusion. As far as contacting the sheriff, if SF is right the shooter could be lying about this to mask his motivations.

This wild conjecture must be either amusing or frustrating to those behind the scenes (depending on whether or not we're being hoaxed).

SSR Team

What bit ?? :unsure:

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

I have issues with his going back two weeks later and finding a BF steak in the snow because this simply stretches credulity. More likely he took a slice, or more than a slice, with him that day.

But we really don't know one way or the other. Maybe he did go back two weeks later and find a piece, incredible as it sounds.

This is probably a cover story to explain where the meat chunks came from. If we wait long enough the real story should come out. The shooter probably knew the value of a dead BF and it will probably surface when the legal heat cools down.

I've lost faith in the Ketchum connection after reading the Cryptomundo story on all of the consumer complaints from her lab. They sound like DNA scammers.

I've lost faith in the Ketchum connection after reading the Cryptomundo story on all of the consumer complaints from her lab. They sound like DNA scammers.

Which begs the question- if this is (presumably) the most profound Bigfoot study to date, and they are trying to get all of their ducks in a row before the release the report, why did they take the MOST IMPORTANT PART- the DNA- to someone with such a horrible record? Either they knew about it and took it to her anyways, or they failed to do even the most basic research about the person they were trusting with this GIGANTIC responsibility. Neither one is okay, but I wonder which it was??

It should be noted that the BBB has a reputation of providing good reports for those who donate, and poor reports for those who do not, or something along those lines. I am admittedly 100% ignorant on these matters, and wouldn't begin to have the slightest idea how to check up on that, but I have definitely read and heard it more than once.

Either way, waiting around for this is getting maddening.

Guest Silver Fox

This is probably a cover story to explain where the meat chunks came from. If we wait long enough the real story should come out. The shooter probably knew the value of a dead BF and it will probably surface when the legal heat cools down.

The version in your first paragraph is certainly plausible.

As far as the DNA, I don't think it will ever be finished. We were told in January it was out for peer review. As of June 11, it hadn't even been submitted yet. This is going to go on forever.