Sierra Shooting from A-Z

slabdog

Guest krakatoa

As far as the DNA, I don't think it will ever be finished. We were told in January it was out for peer review. As of June 11, it hadn't even been submitted yet. This is going to go on forever.

That sounds exactly like many of the BBB complaints.

"Haven't gotten to it yet", "Need a week to complete it", "Sent the results out already", then... silence.

Ha... should BFF write a complaint to the BBB re. the DNA slow-play?

SSR Team

I have no clue what's going on, did someone shoot a sasquatch?

It appears so Matt, have a llook at what Mr Silver Fox says..

http://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/chronology-of-the-recent-bigfoot-shooting-story/

Thank you, that helps out. My problem with this story is if the hunter doesn't care to kill a sasquatch then why would they leave the bodies? If I had access to a sasquatch body the first thing I would do is collect DNA samples, take as many photos/videos as possible while examining it, and contact a vet/ animal expert. Even though the bodies came from a bad situation it should have been collected.

SSR Team

I don't believe they would have left the Bodies to be honest, i don't believe that he would have gone back & found a piece of Thigh like they are saying they did & ii also don't believe a regular Visitor to taxidermy.com would leave something like that neither, no matter what anyone says..

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

Guest rockinkt

Adrian, Melba and Paulides popped up on Bigfoot Buster BTR but weren't particularly revealing.......Slim Pickens from this point on out I think unless that question that was asked that was never answered about what sheriff's department and who on game and fish staff was contacted is answered.

Surely Derek can answer that one? it can't be covered by the NDA as its incidental to the DNA analysis.

I made a post that was polite and respectful. I asked for the info regarding the nearest Sheriff and Game Warden locations so I could contact them to verify the info that was being stated by a poster as factually true. I asked for the person to give me the info in PM.

This honest - non-derisive and non-inflammatory post was removed by someone and I was not told why.

The fact that my post was mentioned by people who would not be referred to as "skeptics" as being a good idea, gives me the impression that my post was a logical and needed step to assess the credibility of the claim and the whole issue surrounding it.

There is no reason that the person should have been able to duck the question without providing a reason and I wonder why that opportunity was given to him by an anonymous person who obviously intended to erase the question without any explanation to me or anyone else.

Edited to add: Your previous post was removed because it contained the following: "Liar", "coward", and "jerk".

You were told in PM the reason for the removal and that PM has been read and responded to by you. I checked. For you to state:

"This honest - non-derisive and non-inflammatory post was removed by someone and I was not told why." Is very misleading to other members, as that is most assuredly NOT the case.

Chris B.

Nothing else I can say here will convince anyone how real this is, so it would probably be better if I take a break. I'm sorry my inflammatory statements shut down the other thread. I have trouble holding my tongue when the BS gets really deep. I have been completely honest with every statement I've made on this forum. Those of you who know me know that to be true. As for the rest of you, I don't have the time or energy to try and convince you, however I know this whole thing is really tough to believe. I don't blame you for being skeptical.

This is not a hoax. Please don't worry about me being "hood winked", if I didn't know it to be true I wouldn't be involved.

DR

Guest rockinkt
quote name='Derekfoot' timestamp='1310368705' post='79050']

<snip>

I have trouble holding my tongue when the BS gets really deep.

Me too!

I have been completely honest with every statement I've made on this forum.

It's the questions you have not answered that are the most telling. ;)

Those of you who know me know that to be true. As for the rest of you, I don't have the time or energy to try and convince you, however I know this whole thing is really tough to believe. I don't blame you for being skeptical.

Good, because this story is just getting less and less credible.

This is not a hoax. Please don't worry about me being "hood winked", if I didn't know it to be true I wouldn't be involved.

DR

I'm not worried about you being hoodwinked. Anybody that "investigates" from a phone has probably been hoodwinked in the past and will be in the future until they understand what a real investigation is.

Besides - all real world investigators have been hoodwinked. It just makes you more determined to do a better job in the future.

I would be careful about being so certain about this one being true. It's the ones that you're the most certain of that seem to come back and bite you on the butt! I speak from experience!:lol:

Guest COGrizzly

This is going to go on forever.

It sure is...."it" being the "bigfoot" mystery.....it;s a mystery because it is a........

If this turns out or morphs into, a hoax...I'm sorry folks but it's time to apply either paranormal properties or rescusitate the GRAND CONSPIRACY angle.

Guest krakatoa

Or, and I'm just spitballin' here, it's a hoax.

Seriously, logic is not strong with some. Affirming the consequent is not a valid argument. Well, I suppose with magic, anything is possible.

Edited: Quoted preceding post. Chris B.

Guest Knuck

A couple points to ponder, while waiting for "results" (if there are any).

1-The alleged shooter, supposedly a rather "accomplished" big game hunter, using a supposed "high power hunting rifle" shoots the, uh-hmm, Sasquatch (at fairly close range mind you) in the thigh? I've always been taught to shoot a threat "center mass". This is also a hell of a lot easier than aiming for a non vital spot. And would dispatch the threat a lot more effectively.

2-If the leg exploded in such a manner that a large portion of thigh was detached, I seriously doubt that the squatch ran off into the woods after. The massive blood loss would have been instantanious. Not to mention the total loss of function of the leg in question.

3-Exactly what kind of rounds were used in the alleged weapon, explosive tip, hollow point, wad cutter? Sheeesh, If you shot a deer with the same effect, (chunks blown off), the carcass would be rendered useless.

Just how does an accomplished "big game hunter" pull off such a bungled fiasco such as this.

If he shot a juvenile squatch with the same effect, was half of it blown away? Something doesn't add up here. No sh-t Sherlock!-JMO-Knuck

'Knuck' timestamp='1310394642' post='79127']

1-The alleged shooter, supposedly a rather "accomplished" big game hunter, using a supposed "high power hunting rifle" shoots the, uh-hmm, Sasquatch (at fairly close range mind you) in the thigh? I've always been taught to shoot a threat "center mass". This is also a hell of a lot easier than aiming for a non vital spot. And would dispatch the threat a lot more effectively.

Interesting theory and could have happened but done on purpose.

2-If the leg exploded in such a manner that a large portion of thigh was detached, I seriously doubt that the squatch ran off into the woods after. The massive blood loss would have been instantanious. Not to mention the total loss of function of the leg in question.

Agree

3-Exactly what kind of rounds were used in the alleged weapon, explosive tip, hollow point, wad cutter? Sheeesh, If you shot a deer with the same effect, (chunks blown off), the carcass would be rendered useless.

If the hunter was experienced, he used a standard big game copper jacket bullet.

Just how does an accomplished "big game hunter" pull off such a bungled fiasco such as this.

Again, it could be a well planned underground sale of stuffed BFs.

I hope the BF tissue was sent to other labs as well since Ketchum's lab has a F rating according to the BBB. If this is true, let's hope their scientific work is credible, and they are just poor business operators. If tissue is left over, the shooter should take a few more samples from the BF in the freezer and send them to the Max Plank Institure as Richard suggested.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/bigfoot-report/erickson-project-news-5/

I found the following information on the Better Business Bureau of East Texas’ website regarding one DNA Diagnostics, Inc.

BBB file opened: 01/19/2006

Licensing

This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

BBB records show a license number of for this company.

Contact Information

Primary Contact: Dr. M. S. Ketchum (Director)

Business Category

Laboratories – Medical

Rating F

BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered DNA Diagnostics, Inc.’s rating include:

19 complaints filed against business

Failure to respond to 3 complaints filed against business.

8 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

10 serious complaints filed against business.

BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business.

BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business. BBB made two or more requests for background information from the business. BBB has not received a response from this business and/or has not been able to verify information received from this business

Guest Boolywooger

I'll be honest. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if this "BBB History" was non existent before DNA Diagnostics, Inc. became involved in Bigfoot research.

Insert link to "Mole" thread here.

Guest Silver Fox

JMO-Knuck

He shot it in the side of the chest as it was running away. The bullet penetrated both lungs.