Colorado Ranch owner and big game outfitter claims to have BFs on his property

Explorer

Interesting story from a ranch owner and big game outfitter from Colorado.

Background:

• Location of ranch is in Cuchara Colorado in Huerfano County (south and central Colorado)
  • 9,600 acres owned and 11,000 acres leased
  • Ranch house is at ~8,500 ft.
  • Working cattle ranch but also hunting ranch.
  • Phenomena started in 2014, he lived there all his life. He was born and raised there but never had issues before.
  • He believes BF migrated into this property. Before, his grandfather used to tell stories but they were dismissed.

He told of several events that he believes are associated with Bigfoot. Below is a short summary of his claims based on my imperfect notes.  According to the YouTuber, there will be a follow-up 2nd interview with Mike.

Big Boulder Throw:

• While Elk hunting with a paying customer, suddenly a 70-90 lb rock/boulder landed 1.5 inches away from client and it was thrown from 47 yards.
  • The dark timber was ~47 yards away.
  • Left 4.5 inch print in the ground
  • Client demanded to leave immediately back home and not hunt anymore.
  • Mike believes that client saw something.  Mike did not see what threw the rock.

Bear Boards Incident:

• In 2015, his hunting cabins were destroyed and it was not due to winter weather.
  • They placed bear boards (2” x 6” wood boards with nails or screws facing up to stop bears).
  • The boards were swung into the side of the cabins like baseball bats.

Cow Elk on top of Tree:

• In 2015, during elk hunt.  Two hind quarters of elk were left behind for later pickup and they were gone with no drag marks.
  • Another day a cow elk and bull elk were killed in different locations and cow carcass was left alone while they processed the bull elk.
  • Cow elk carcass was found 13 ft up wedged on top of an aspen tree. Had to cut tree down to get the elk down.  All 4 legs were broken at the knee and tied so as to carry like a backpack.

Chicken Coup Incident:

• During 2019, chicken coup was turned over on its side (14 ft x 8 ft coup with 55 chickens) and all chickens disappeared.
  • Goat lived in chicken coup and it also was gone.  It is ¼ mile behind the house.

Game Cameras:

• Placed motion detector spot lights and game cameras.
  • Out of 13 game cameras, got 412 photographs of something using a tree branch to poke the cameras.
  • Trail cams never got videos.
  • Cameras were pulled to the ground, torn, and destroyed.

House under attack:

• In 2019, ranch house was being attacked.  Side of the house was being banged.  Stealing 400 lbs sack of feed.
  • Rocks thrown at the house. 
  • Truck got damaged.
  • Loud grunts at night.
  • Found 21 inch tracks.

I checked the SSR database and only found one BF report for Huerfano county.

Nonetheless, the area closer to the San Juan mountains has long history of reports.

Probably not difficult to find the location of the ranch in Cuchara, CO that offers elk hunting guides and outfitting.

If the story is true, it would be great to spend more resources in trying to capture the creature in film.

I know he says he tried and failed with 13 game cameras, but it might be an issue of strategy, tactics, locations, etc.

An alternative is to send Norseman up there with a good team.

• Upvote 1

Or the landowner / guide could hunt it.  Since he grew up there he should know the land as well or better than the BF that migrated in lol

Interesting accounts, other than the boulder being thrown 47 yards, that one seems a little hard to believe even for a BF.  Going to watch the video linked right now.  

Edited by Twist

“During 2019, chicken coup was turned over on its side (14 ft x 8 ft coup with 55 chickens) and all chickens disappeared.Goat lived in chicken coup and it also was gone.  It is ¼ mile behind the house.”

Fifty-five chickens and a goat living in that small space?! That’s inhumane. BF agreed.

14 x 8 with a fence around it for a run dont sound to bad for 55 chickens considering they housing can go vertical very easily.   I believe the goat was a pygmy he said, pretty small.  

Listened to the whole thing, pretty good stories and he sounds sincere but the only criticism I have, and I always have to play devils advocate, he seems to hit on all the major BF stories, stealing or messing with kills, throwing things, messing with farm animals, messing with vehicles, stalking the house etc.  So are these typical BF behaviors that we can start putting together a pattern or are they points people telling stories hit on to try and get credence and fit the typical story?   I"m not claiming that is the case here but it always makes me wonder and I tend to lean on skepticism first so as not to try and fall for a con.  

Hopefully more comes of this and there are good updated.  

• Upvote 3

21' inch tracks...I think I've only read once before of tracks that size..

I think it was the Colorado Dam(old story) creature that left them,

it was estimated that the creature was over 12 feet tall.

Hopefully the ranch owner is taking a video camera with him whenever he is out on his ranch. If he thinks there is one or more Bigfoot on his property, he's liable to see one at any time.

Regarding the boulder throw; that's not the first time something like that has been reported. There have been a few reports in the past of a witness having a rock land near them that an average human would struggle to pick up, much less throw it for any distance. 

I agree with Twist; hopefully we'll see some updates in the future.

I’m familiar with numerous instances of objects thrown.   The weight and distance is what seems excessive.   Shotput world record is like 23m @ 16lbs by a person that trains to do just that motion.   4x + the weight and 2X the distance uphill from the woodline......so a clear path shot within 1.5 inches is rather remarkable.   Just saying.....   I like most else he says, it’s interesting.

I’d really be interested in the client’s story too. I don’t know much about paid guiding/hunting, but I assume he forfeited any refunds by canceling the rest of the hunt. 

Admin
2 hours ago, Twist said:

...but the only criticism I have, and I always have to play devils advocate, he seems to hit on all the major BF stories, stealing or messing with kills, throwing things, messing with farm animals, messing with vehicles, stalking the house etc. 

Sounds like this BF is the total package....   :wink:

3 hours ago, Explorer said:

Client demanded to leave immediately back home and not hunt anymore.

Yeah, I think I would be done hunting for the day as well if a 70# rock landed an inch an a half away from me...

Obviously, I have no knowledge as to the veracity of this witness, but these are the kind of cases that investigators need to be flocking to.  Hot leads with plenty of current activity. This and the current OK case documented elsewhere on this board are the stuff every BF'er should hope for. If there is nothing to it, the investigator should figure it out pretty quickly, but if there is something going on, this could bring a goldmine of documentation and information if researched correctly.

What I'm wondering is if the client was standing still and a rock estimated at 70-90 lbs. came flying towards him and landed 1.5 inches from his foot. Did the client not see the rock until it was too late to move?

If that was me standing there, I would have moved out of the way if I saw a 70-90 lb. rock coming right towards me.

The Bear Boards incident Explorer mentioned above sounds somewhat similar to the Snelgrove Lake, Ontario incident, where they had some damage done to the cabin so they placed a board with nails on it on the ground near the cabin. Something did step on it.

One idea that this rancher might try to get the creature(s) on video without using conventional camera traps posted around the ranch house is below.

Put in a 300 ft tall steel pole (like a flag pole) with two 180 degree view cameras on the top viewing the whole grounds area.

The two cameras will be on a annular ring that could be remotely controlled to lower and raised it.

The pole will be all greased up so no animal could climb it to the top but the annular ring camera holder could move up and down for maintenance.

No cables or wires should be exposed.  Either it is all battery operated or all the wires run through the inside of the pole.

Otherwise, something like the incident that happened at Skinwalker ranch whereas the wires were cut and the cameras went down (but that is another story).

The two cameras will have motion sensors and night vision like the setup in the link below.

https://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/the-san-luis-valley/ufo-data-acquisition-project-ufodap-being-installed/

However, while this setup was designed to look up at the skies for aerial anomalies, the setup the rancher needs to be modified to look down at all the surrounding area.

After a setup like this, either the BFs never come back  again (because they can't get to the system to destroy it or can't get around it) or it will capture an image.

I am sure there are other ideas out there to get around this rancher's frustration with game cameras getting destroyed.

This setup will be expensive. 

Edited by Explorer

Interesting!

I believe you would categorize that area as true high mountain desert. Had to look it up as I had no heard of that town before.

All four legs of elk broke and tied together to carry like backpack? Where the legs tied in a knot or tied with something else? Never heard of a B/F tying knots or using any material like a rope. That would be something new and changes the dynamic of tool use.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Explorer said:

Put in a 300 ft tall steel pole (like a flag pole) with two 180 degree view cameras on the top viewing the whole grounds area.

I'm thinking you meant to say a 30' tall steel pole? Even at that length, it would need to be thick steel and sunk into the ground at least six to eight feet with concrete poured around it. It's a great concept however, and if properly executed should either obtain the desired photos/video or act as a serious deterrent to activity. It would also need to be placed far enough from trees or existing structures to prevent a Bigfoot jumping from high enough to hit it far enough up to bend it over.

4 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

Hopefully the ranch owner is taking a video camera with him whenever he is out on his ranch. If he thinks there is one or more Bigfoot on his property, he's liable to see one at any time.

Regarding the boulder throw; that's not the first time something like that has been reported. There have been a few reports in the past of a witness having a rock land near them that an average human would struggle to pick up, much less throw it for any distance. 

I agree with Twist; hopefully we'll see some updates in the future.

I remember hearing one story  on a  bigfoot channels where 3 or 4 guys were camping on a hunting trip and their camper was destroyed by some  rocks the size of a bowling ball.

I wish I could find it now and link it.

2 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

What I'm wondering is if the client was standing still and a rock estimated at 70-90 lbs. came flying towards him and landed 1.5 inches from his foot. Did the client not see the rock until it was too late to move?

If that was me standing there, I would have moved out of the way if I saw a 70-90 lb. rock coming right towards me.

The Bear Boards incident Explorer mentioned above sounds somewhat similar to the Snelgrove Lake, Ontario incident, where they had some damage done to the cabin so they placed a board with nails on it on the ground near the cabin. Something did step on it.

No one is looking for that when you're out hunting so I imagine neither of them saw it coming , client or guide until it hit the ground .

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic