Colorado Ranch owner and big game outfitter claims to have BFs on his property

Explorer

Then there was that video of the guy that was walking through some tall grass and his video started breaking up visually along with audio static and he complained about feeling something like pins and needles and body pain. I forget where that video is.

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Then there was that video of the guy that was walking through some tall grass and his video started breaking up visually along with audio static and he complained about feeling something like pins and needles and body pain. I forget where that video is.

Interesting...

Was the video actually posted?  Or did the gentleman involved just describe it?

I would be interested in seeing that video.

2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Good article.  

Thanks for posting.

Same here.  

Everything goes wonky, but then leave a particular area and stuff starts going haywire.  Return and it begins to malfunction again.  

Like you, I have my doubts that it is a direct result of Sasquatch.

Agree

I can't say what causes it but to say it's normal equipment failure is wrong. You get in an area where they have just walked and your equipment 

just happens to film nothing but black  for 20 minutes , leave the area and presto it works fine.

Right.  I don't know what is going on, but if you start getting equipment failures in close proximity in time and space, keep your eyes open around you.   I'm not saying anything specific, just a sense something is up that you might miss if your focus is too fixed on the equipment and not your surroundings.  It could be something you really really really need to be alert to.    .. and I don't suggest that it is specifically bigfoot related, might just be something we put ourselves close to by being out there looking for them.

MIB

• Upvote 2

One observation from the interview with Mike (the Colorado rancher) is that he did not have an issue with sasquatches harassing his property or his elk hunts until 2014 despite growing up and living there all his life.

I am curious on why this area would suddenly become a sasquatch hot spot location (at least from 2014-2020) but not before then.

Assuming that his encounter stories and claimed events are true and assuming that his location is somewhere within 13 miles of Cuchara River Valley in Colorado,  a potential hypothesis could be that past forest fires within Huerfano county or adjacent counties have moved the BFs or the Elk herd closer to his ranch.

I am guessing the ranch is in Huerfano county because the Cuchara river valley is there.  But there are some big ranches south of West and East Spanish peaks in Las Animas county which are also about 13 miles from east of Cuchara.  Thus, I looked for past big fires in both Huerfano and Las Animas counties.  The table below summarizes the big wildfires reported within or close to Huerfano county.  I included one large fire outside the region (in New Mexico in 2011 south of Las Animas county).

The source of information for wildfires in CO is EcoWest (see link below).

EcoWest analyzes, visualizes, and shares data on environmental trends in the North American West.

EcoWest's interactive data visualizations are a collaborative project of EcoWest and the Bill Lane Center for the American West at Stanford University.

https://vis.ecowest.org/interactive/wildfires.php

Based on the wildfire database, there was a 14,152 acres fire in East Spanish Peak area back in 2013 (Huerfano county).  This could have been the trigger event for the sasquatches to move location closer to the ranch.  Unfortunately, we don’t know exact ranch location, so this is just a guess.

In addition, we are interested in the Elk hunting potential of that area.  The attached Colorado maps (which divide the western end of the state into Game Management Units (GMU) include the wilderness areas, elk density and elk migration corridors.

From these maps we can observe that Huerfano county is within GMU 85, includes the Spanish Peaks Wilderness Area), has an elk density of 3-4 elk/squared miles, but is east of the elk migration corridor (which is in GMU 83). Thus, the claim that a private ranch in that area (Huerfano and Las Animas counties) can offer elk hunting opportunities is valid.

Wild Fires Huerfano County Table.png

CO_Wilderness_Areas.PNG

CO_Elk_Density.PNG

CO_Elk_Migration_Corridors.PNG

This rancher sent an email to Steve Isdahl (the How-to-Hunt guy) describing his experiences back in Oct. 2019.

You can review that email in the YouTube link below; go to 8:12 min for the start of the email reading.

When we compare what he wrote to Steve back in Oct-2019 to the interview with Dixie Cryptic done in Jan-2020, there are some inconsistencies on the details.

These are red flags.

Inconsistencies.png

• Upvote 1

Admin
On 2/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, MIB said:

....other times it is an overriding signal, sort of massive white noise. 

That sounds like electronic jamming.

BFF Patron

Sure sign of fabrication is when the story changes over time.    Especially when something gets more dangerous the more the story is told.  

20 hours ago, Explorer said:

This rancher sent an email to Steve Isdahl (the How-to-Hunt guy) describing his experiences back in Oct. 2019.

You can review that email in the YouTube link below; go to 8:12 min for the start of the email reading.

-Video-

I generally enjoy listening to the things this guy has to say, but it seems a bit self-serving to condemn a whole broad brush stroke of people who have ideas or beliefs about Sasquatch, then say "as a side note" that if someone is an expert in primatology, then you're no expert in these things because *they're not primates*. So, what's this special knowledge this How-To-Hunt guy have we're all missing out on?

3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Sure sign of fabrication is when the story changes over time.    Especially when something gets more dangerous the more the story is told.  

Yup

I'm not going to say that nothing happened because  something probably did but it's evident he's embellishing what really happened .

The problem with this case is that nobody involved (including the rancher) cares about obtaining and studying the evidence for the claims.

The witness claims that he is going public only to warn people about the reality and dangers of this threat.  He is not inviting researchers to the ranch to investigate or collect evidence, instead he is reaching out to 4 people who tell stories (Scott Carpenter, Steve Isdahl, David Paulides, Cameron Buckner).  He is not interested in convincing any serious researchers because he has not provided any evidence besides the story.  He dislikes BFRO but forgets that there is a community out there who is serious and still trying to collect evidence.  Who he may contact for evidence collection is a different and controversial topic that Hiflier has addressed numerous times in BFF.  Nonetheless, Keith Foster (a hunting guide in Colorado with lots of BF research experience) would have been a great guy to contact to examine and collect the evidence and to help bridge the gap with the academic community (i.e. Jeff Meldrum).

Cameron Buckner (the Dixie Cryptid YouTube guy) has made it clear on his channel that he does not research stories and just reads them as they come.  Even when he conducts interviews, his role is to let the witness tell the story and not to challenge.

Steve Isdahl (the how-to-hunt guy) is mainly a story teller in YouTube.  He reads stories from eyewitnesses who write to him but he is not investigating cases or trying to collect evidence. He mentioned in one of his YT videos that collecting more footprint casts, photos, or hair samples was a waste of time.

David Paulides did focus in the past on collecting  DNA evidence for the Ketchum study, but is now focusing on the 411 books and stories. David also lives in Colorado and could easily swing by this ranch and collect evidence; but I don't know if he is doing that.  So far it seems that the rancher story is just another scary story for his wilderness disappearances meme and apparently the rancher agrees.

Scott Carpenter also used to focus on collecting samples for the Ketchum study and collecting photographic and other type of evidence, but is now focusing on helping others with BF encounter experiences (per the web link I posted above earlier).  His focus now appears to be to create awareness and not to help prove the existence of this creature or collect more evidence.

BTW, the rancher appears to be happy and satisfied with the help and suggestions he has gotten from Steve, Paul, and Scott on how to combat the aggressive BFs on his property.

And, he does not owe anything to the public or the BF research community.

Thus, this story might end with no useful information and just another story to tell like many others. 

• Upvote 3

• gigantor unfeatured this topic