Colorado Ranch owner and big game outfitter claims to have BFs on his property

Explorer

^^^^ ++++'s and more! Everything you stated is exactly why I rarely if ever comment anymore on these kind of threads.

15 minutes ago, Explorer said:

He dislikes BFRO but forgets that there is a community out there who is serious and still trying to collect evidence.  Who he may contact for evidence collection is a different and controversial topic that Hiflier has addressed numerous times in BFF. 

I don't think anything was forgotten. It was ignored. Seems like everyone treats the biggest, most important find of the century like it was just some lost goat. Ah well.......

(....so, back under my rock I go :) )

Edited by hiflier

Admin
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

And, he does not owe anything to the public or the BF research community.

Thus, this story might end with no useful information and just another story to tell like many others. 

Well, the obvious thing is for someone to book a hunt for a week and instead of big game, hunt for really big game....   :wink:

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, VAfooter said:

Well, the obvious thing is for someone to book a hunt for a week and instead of big game, hunt for really big game....   :wink:

Should we book Huntster or Norseman?    

Edited by SWWASAS

Admin
3 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Should we book Huntster or Norseman?    

Both, make a reality series out of it....   :lol:

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, hiflier said:

^^^^ ++++'s and more! Everything you stated is exactly why I rarely if ever comment anymore on these kind of threads.

I don't think anything was forgotten. It was ignored. Seems like everyone treats the biggest, most important find of the century like it was just some lost goat. Ah well.......

(....so, back under my rock I go :) )

Hiflier, 

I understand your point of view and perspective on this.

My reaction to interesting and unique cases like this (that have potential for significant data and evidence collection) reminds me of that famous phrase on second marriages: “the triumph of hope over experience”.  

I hope that some smart organization or researcher (with the necessary financial resources) will pick up a case like this and over time extract good evidence.  But experience keeps telling us, it is not happening.

In this case, reaching out to NAWAC could also have been fruitful.  NAWAC has a lot of scar tissue dealing with failures with camera traps and failures in trying to collect a specimen. That technical and field experience is worth a lot and should be valued by folks like this rancher (who claims to have sasquatches visiting and harrasing his ranch since 2014). 

I guess with time, experience will triumph over hope.

8 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I recall the rancher saying that he charges $12,500 to $14,000 for a week (or 5 days?) of big game hunting.  That includes food and lodging.

Given that many folks complain that BFRO charges an exorbitant $300 to $500 for 4 days of BF "hunting", I doubt folks will pay up the $10K+.

This hunter (just like BFRO) will not guarantee BF presence.  All he can say is that the location is a hot spot and that clients might see one.

I think with elk, he can guarantee presence, and most of his clients will get the elk.

Kidding aside, he has not disclosed the ranch location and did not want to.

He stated that big game hunter clients provide 80% of his annual earnings and that he can't risk losing that business from negative publicity on BF presence.

Admin
3 hours ago, Explorer said:

Given that many folks complain that BFRO charges an exorbitant $300 to $500 for 4 days of BF "hunting", I doubt folks will pay up the $10K+.

While only half kidding, when I made my previous statement, this would not be for the casual, BFRO weekender type. Obviously, this would require some serious resources and a real commitment to the task. I think you hit it on the head when you mentioned NAWAC. Especially, if they could get a sponsor to help cover the roughly $30K it would take for a couple of folks to go there for a week. Serious researchers in a known active area for a week could pay off a big time dividend with just a little luck (OK, maybe a lot of luck....).

So it seems now that this rock was thrown a few feet from the hunters and not inches. Why am I not surprise by this admission . It was not trying to kill these hunters nor has these creatures tried to kill any of these other clients. It seems to me that this hunter was after the same game that this creature was after. It deems to understand that it threw this rock to get these hunters off the game it was going after. But why did they embellish the whole story from the start. Why not just come out what actually happen from the start of the event. 

So now how are we to believe what this rancher is truly saying what is on his ranch. If this rancher cannot get his fact straight. How often do these events actually take place on his ranch? when all we have heard of has been maybe three to four events that have taken place. That rock throw should not have been a life changing event for a seasoned hunter .Which I am thinking might of had some adventurous events on this ranch to pay out that amount of money for those seven years. It is just food for thought. 

• Downvote 1

BFF Patron

I wonder if the guy in Colorado found the Expedition Bigfoot series and figured he could cash into it?   Of course we don't know how much the Expedition Bigfoot crew paid to use the ranch in Oregon.   With lodging and catering this $12,500 to $14,000 per person might be reasonable for a film crew.    The property owner takes on some liability when they lease out to hunters.     If the property owner could guarantee me a sighting I would consider signing up but I know he cannot guarantee anything and has shown he has embellished what has happened there.    I have already spent more that that over the years and do not see that ending anytime soon.   Right now I am negotiating with a scientific instrument maker for infrasound detection and recording gear.  I don't expect that to be cheap.  

Edited by SWWASAS

I wouldn't trust this guy now .

15 hours ago, VAfooter said:

While only half kidding, when I made my previous statement, this would not be for the casual, BFRO weekender type. Obviously, this would require some serious resources and a real commitment to the task. I think you hit it on the head when you mentioned NAWAC. Especially, if they could get a sponsor to help cover the roughly $30K it would take for a couple of folks to go there for a week. Serious researchers in a known active area for a week could pay off a big time dividend with just a little luck (OK, maybe a lot of luck....).

The only way I would commit that type of money is the ranch owner would have to allow a couple of scouting days to look for sign .

That would be my stipulation , if he says no his whole story is bull. I would go as far as depositing the funds in an escrow to show you're serious but you need to see some sign of the creatures presence first.

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Right now I am negotiating with a scientific instrument maker for infrasound detection and recording gear.  I don't expect that to be cheap.  

Kindly keep us posted as that sounds like a very exciting addition to the sasquatching tool kit.

BFF Patron
15 hours ago, 7.62 said:

I wouldn't trust this guy now .

The only way I would commit that type of money is the ranch owner would have to allow a couple of scouting days to look for sign .

That would be my stipulation , if he says no his whole story is bull. I would go as far as depositing the funds in an escrow to show you're serious but you need to see some sign of the creatures presence first.

That would be a good idea to see if there is sign.     Of course if he is unscrupulous he could arrange for you to find sign.      If he arranged for you to find everything known by man to be associated with BF,   like Expedition Bigfoot did,  I would be really suspicious.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

That would be a good idea to see if there is sign.     Of course if he is unscrupulous he could arrange for you to find sign.      If he arranged for you to find everything known by man to be associated with BF,   like Expedition Bigfoot did,  I would be really suspicious.   

The more boxes they checked, the more suspicious the show became.  The fact that each of the usual signs of Bigfoot activity occurred and occurred only once (to my recall) made it seem like they were just working their way through the Bigfoot Lore Checklist.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Of course if he is unscrupulous he could arrange for you to find sign.      If he arranged for you to find everything known by man to be associated with BF,   like Expedition Bigfoot did,  I would be really suspicious.   

Of course, there lies the problem. Since to promote some thing could be stated as to hoax. When making money might be possible.as a guided tour.  Like SWWASAS I would be very suspicious  as well.  

• gigantor unfeatured this topic