Weapon Of Choice

Rod

SW, when you say "heavy machine gun" are you thinking .50 BMG, or just heavier than .223/5.56? I'm wondering if it might have been a Slide Fire stock on an AR lower with a .308 or other large caliber upper. Something like this:

Wonder what Mr. Squatch would think if he saw someone loping past on a pair of these? Evidently speeds up to 25 MPH are possible.

Edited by Airdale

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

Airdale:    Hard to tell from the audio in this video but my computer does not make the deep throated sound that I heard.   

Those of you away from the left coast should feel fortunate.      It is getting to the point that if I want to buy a handgun I have to drive at least 100 miles.  One after another local gun dealers have closed.    There is only one dealer left in this county of 450,000 people.     I will remember that inconvenience when the State Police comes to confiscate them because the state has made them illegal.   

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

Okieman the Glock 20 in 10MM has been recommended to me before.      Have you found it feeds reliably?     If I need a gun for anything it is for a bear that charges and it does not do you much good to have a jam.   

Okieman the Glock 20 in 10MM has been recommended to me before.      Have you found it feeds reliably?     If I need a gun for anything it is for a bear that charges and it does not do you much good to have a jam.

I've had a couple of misfeeds but I'm pretty sure it was operator error. I really like it and it's got a lot of stopping power.

Oh, amazing quality in both. Innovative, certainly. For me, the money involved would lead me to suggest an AR, preferably with a piston system, and the balance spent in cases of ammo.

I understand, and I own both an AR and a RPK.

I got a quote for a AUG A3 M1 in non NATO pkg. As you can convert it to left handed and it takes the Steyr 45 rd mags.

2060 bucks.

But that does include a 3x Zeiss optic. Which if you slap a 4x ACOG on your AR? I think its in the same ball park.

Just looking for something abit different and reliable.

Here's my favorite Central Texas gun......gramps old Iverson 12G, a cut barrel & stock, with a bungee shoulder sling. I would definitely want something more substantial in Bear country, but we don't have that problem here.....yet. Plus I carry a range of shells from non-lethal Zombie Blasters, which shoot fire out of the barrel and are loud as the dickens. Also some Double '00' buck, bird shot for snakes, and some sluggers for hogs, I love having a choice of ammo.

post-193-0-07727100-1459877448_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bigtex