Weapon Of Choice

Rod

Guest watch1

I had truly thought that my son had carried his personal weapon to war, but I called and asked him if he had, and he said absolutely no, he did not carry it.

I don't know why he did not carry it, I just accepted his answer and hung up since he was at a wedding. :blink::blush:

I don't know why soldiers cannot carry a personal sidearm in war zones.

It comes down to meeting military standards. Using civilian weapons would bring about supply problems with ammo and repair parts. The military uses several different weapon systems but most use ammo that can be used in more than one system. An example would be the 7.62 Nato and the 50 cal.

I heard that during WWII the Japanese officers in some cases carried their family swords but some had to be shortened to meet military standards.

Mike (watch1)

Those want to's and need to's are a pain in the _____ :mad:

yes they are, lol,but thats what happens when you dont have unlimited fundssad.gif

Bear spray.

I also carry an ESEE-4 and IZULA but those are for survival in the event of an unexpected problem.

Guest Biggie

To be honest, I really don't like the idea of using Easy Off because it can literally blind someone. I will have to get a can of the bear spray since it doesn't do any permanent damage.

Wasp spray would have a longer reach than the Easy Off since it sprays up to 20ft but you're probably best off with bear spray like you say because with our justice system that protects the attacker more than the victim you'd probably get sued for hurting that poor defenseless criminal who'd need to be compensated for all of his physical suffering and emotional distress afterward.

Wasp spray would have a longer reach than the Easy Off since it sprays up to 20ft but you're probably best off with bear spray like you say because with our justice system that protects the attacker more than the victim you'd probably get sued for hurting that poor defenseless criminal who'd need to be compensated for all of his physical suffering and emotional distress afterward.

Exactly!!!

Guest Dudlow
...that poor defenseless criminal who'd need to be compensated for all of his physical suffering and emotional distress afterward.

B) They shoot horses, don't they? :whistle:

- Dudlow

Guest wild eyed willy

As soon as Jodi mentioned the easyoff, I thought of the wasp spray, Like you said, a 20 foot range, I can't tell you how many bees nests I have taken down with that stuff.... I would use the wasp spray over oven cleaner any day... In a pinch I have even taken bees out with windex, it doesn't kill them, but it will drop them to the ground long enough to step on..

I don't know about the poor unfortunate criminals, they better not come around here because I would rather defend and worry about the aftermath later.

Will wasp spray put an eye out? All I really want to do is get away, not maim someone for life or anything like that, does it require good aim?

Guest Woodenbong

I'm at a disadvantage to you guys in the USA, its illegal to carry a pistol here in Australia, I don't own a rifle so myw eopon of choice is a

4" winchester bowie knife. At this stage haven't had to use it, but Ill sum the situation up if the need arises.

We have some pretty deadly snakes here in Oz, but if you keep your eye out you can usually see them. As for an attack from a Yowie, I'm not concerned they'd rather get out of your way rather than go through you. Well thats been the case so far. :lol:

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

Sorry, Gotta call BS on this one. I just retired from the US Army, did 3 tours in Iraq and did Desert Storm. No way you can bring your own firearms

with you, and BTW, Ring Knockers dont drive Strykers. Sorry if this is a little blunt, but its total BS!

I don't know Darrell, I've been several places around the World during my time in the Air Force and I've seen several commanders carrying chrome/nickel plated side arms...I'm sure they were not standard issue.

It may be taboo to bring your own weapon, but even if that is the case, it happens, I've seen it. Chris B.

Edited by ChrisBFRPKY
spelling

Guest wild eyed willy

I'm at a disadvantage to you guys in the USA, its illegal to carry a pistol here in Australia, I don't own a rifle so myw eopon of choice is a

4" winchester bowie knife. At this stage haven't had to use it, but Ill sum the situation up if the need arises.

We have some pretty deadly snakes here in Oz, but if you keep your eye out you can usually see them. As for an attack from a Yowie, I'm not concerned they'd rather get out of your way rather than go through you. Well thats been the case so far. :lol:

What are you suposed to do with a 4"knife if cornered , Peel an apple?

It's hard to believe a population created of outlaws and prisioners won't allow the carry of weapons... Glad I don't live there.

Think about it WEW, in the U.S. we are allowed to carry permitted weapons and our country was created by religious fanatics and other societal rejects. I think that's a little more frightening IMO.

Guest wild eyed willy

Will wasp spray put an eye out? All I really want to do is get away, not maim someone for life or anything like that, does it require good aim?

It probably wouldn't do the eyes any good thats for sure, but I have seen (on tv) criminals sprayed with pepper spray by the cops and it didn't phase them... The question here is what makes more sence, to prepare for the most possible situation, or prepare for the worst case sceanereo ( I know that is spelled wrong).

I think the bottom line is that you have to do what is right for you. are you willing to take the chance with your own life or the lives of your family that the worst case attack will never happen... The chances are very slim that it will. I don't have the answer. for me, the wasp spray is a really good alternitive to gun fire and it is not too heavy to carry around..