The Alaska Triangle: Trvl Channel

SwiftWater

Latter half of the episode is title "Bigfoot was here". Currently airing now and set to end in an hour. Just curious if anyone plans to watch it. I have it set to DVR as the episode will run later than I plan to stay up.

Admin

Yeah, I looked it up. It isn't the locally known starvation triangle. It's the Triangle of Missing Persons. It's really no mystery to Alaskans. It's a wilderness of remote and harsh terrain, easy to have problems in, and easy to be swallowed up in. It is incredibly easy to die up there and never be found. 

• Upvote 1

Just following up to this episode. The first half of the episode goes on about the portal, then a couple of hairy man stories, and wraps up suggesting that there were mammoths still roaming Alaska. The hairy man stories were interesting and there was some hint of an "expedition" to find them but so little of that in the episode I found it pretty irrelevant.

11 hours ago, SwiftWater said:

.......The first half of the episode goes on about the portal, then a couple of hairy man stories, and wraps up suggesting that there were mammoths still roaming Alaska........

While we can be quite sure that mammoths no longer exist in Alaska (or Siberia, for that matter), there is little doubt that Alaska was their last stronghold. Mammoth tusks are still regularly found along riverbanks in the Brooks Range. They are so regularly found that one could likely take a float trip down the Colville River and pick one up.......if one wanted to end up in federal prison.........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't checked any of the episodes out yet but looks interesting. A lot of theories that point to geomagnetic anomalies. Nothing definitive to prove it though.

I see what is going on here. It is a ratings battle.

Discovery Channel w/Destination America has Finding Bigfoot and Alaska Monsters.

Travel Channel has Expedition Bigfoot and Alaska Triangle.

History channel has Missing in Alaska and MonsterQuest.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

I've been watching Alaska Monsters and it is pretty funny. Not the typical cast at all. Looks like they walked into a dive bar in Anchorage and grabbed who they could get. I'm sure it's all staged and edited to make it seem like they are doing something.  At least they don't pretend to be experts in anything.

Edited by Arvedis

On 4/29/2020 at 10:53 AM, Arvedis said:

I've been watching Alaska Monsters and it is pretty funny. Not the typical cast at all. Looks like they walked into a dive bar in Anchorage and grabbed who they could get. I'm sure it's all staged and edited to make it seem like they are doing something........

A good friend ended up on an episode or two of that silly show. He's quite the character himself. A retired Army first sergeant, and frankly, he's a one man army all by himself. He's grew one of those Duck Dynasty beards immediately after retirement, built a small farm at the end if the road, and dove head first into hunting and trapping. He's kinda' small, but he could walk through a brick wall if he wanted to. 

He met a crew who were following a Trooper around in the woods while on his trap line. They invited him onto the monster show. 

Believe it or not, he's the common look outside of Anchorage, and there are plenty of rough lookers right in town. 

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

That's what I have always imagined @Huntster's real name to be.

It's not my real name. It's my real texture.

• Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 7:08 PM, Arvedis said:

I haven't checked any of the episodes out yet but looks interesting. A lot of theories that point to geomagnetic anomalies. Nothing definitive to prove it though.

I see what is going on here. It is a ratings battle.

Discovery Channel w/Destination America has Finding Bigfoot and Alaska Monsters.

Travel Channel has Expedition Bigfoot and Alaska Triangle.

History channel has Missing in Alaska and MonsterQuest.

Crypto-tainment is hot right now and Alaska is having that same sort of role that Louisiana had a few years ago when every other reality show was "Cajun Something".  

I think that most of these shows are a good thing.  Think of how many people involved in this field today can trace their interest in the subject back to sitting in front of the TV watching In Search Of when they were children?  

Maybe the kid who is going to grow up and finally solve this puzzle one day is sitting there watching these shows... slowly building a fascination with the subject that will one day propel him into actual research....